Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#241 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I forgot how PMing online orders are such a pain.
and this is why I'll by pre-ordering in-store for the 2013 titles

#242 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

So why are you getting The Last of Us then? Your argument is flawed.

Lolololol I was just about to say the same thing

#243 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

For anyone interested, Best Buy added the God of War Ascension Collectors Edition to their website finally.

Tonight I looked at it B&M and it still isn't on the kiosk in case anyone wondering.

#244 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

This.. First time I preordered a game online because they couldn't do it in store day before release. Been on the phone for 30mins and keep getting disco. Never again, I'll make my preorder early for the games I want from now on.

Edited by jr1016, 06 December 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#245 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

I never preordered online (aways preordered in-store due to various other reasons). I always thought PM online would be easier since you can sit in the comfort of your own home and not waste gas money, apparently that's not the case?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#246 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

I've yet to have a problem getting a PM over the phone. Never takes more than 10 mins. Much easier than having to go to the store.

#247 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Do I go to the Gaming Counter or the Customer Service counter for a PM? Do I need the receipt with me?

#248 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Do I go to the Gaming Counter or the Customer Service counter for a PM? Do I need the receipt with me?

Just go to Customer Service with your receipt.

#249 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Just go to Customer Service with your receipt.

I don't have my receipt! WHAT SHALL I DO?!!?!?!?!?

I'm screwed, aren't i?

#250 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

I never preordered online (aways preordered in-store due to various other reasons). I always thought PM online would be easier since you can sit in the comfort of your own home and not waste gas money, apparently that's not the case?

I think it depends on the quality of your local store and your luck with phone reps. My store is really quick/nice with pms, its really close, and I'm in there often enough anyways. Its a guaranteed good experience for me.

Phone reps are hit or miss. Sometimes its a smooth process that takes just a few minutes. Sometimes it takes a while because the rep wants to call and verify stock. Sometimes the rep won't agree to pm. Sometimes you randomly get disconnected. Even with a bad experience you can usually just call back in and try again, but I'd rather go to my store.

Kyden139.png

#251 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

I don't have my receipt! WHAT SHALL I DO?!!?!?!?!?

I'm screwed, aren't i?

Just print up a reciept from the RZ site

All they need is the customer PIN

I believe they have a way of looking up the recipt through your member ID as well
Posted Image
Posted Image

#252 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

I believe they have a way of looking up the recipt through your member ID as well

Well, I guess I'm good then. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Do I bring the pre-order reciept or the exchanged receipt? The receipt from the website shows that I paid $4.71 because I paid with gift cards...can I still pm?

#253 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Well, I guess I'm good then. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Do I bring the pre-order reciept or the exchanged receipt? The receipt from the website shows that I paid $4.71 because I paid with gift cards...can I still pm?

Just show them that transaction. They will pull up the regular receipt from that.

I just bring it up on my phone and they take it from there.

#254 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

well since the other thread got closed, anybody check into the DLC, from the forums it seems like people who did an online in store pickup order are not getting their dlc codes.

Still waiting here for DLC as well, preordered online for in-store pickup

#255 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

So, I caved and preordered Farcry 3 on Monday after work in-store and my recent had an Ubisoft DLC code on it that I also received in my e-mail. I'm hoping that the code doesn't "invalidate" when I pick up the game since they do a return/purchase with that pre-order purchase.

It was also very weird because the preorder UPC was ringing up as $59.99 with this side item on the register to add a $5 preorder bonus so the guy just added the preorder bonus and canceled the $59.99 part of the transaction. At the time I told the guy, "Since it rings up at full price can I get the game today?" :D
Spoiler

#256 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I think it depends on the quality of your local store and your luck with phone reps. My store is really quick/nice with pms, its really close, and I'm in there often enough anyways. Its a guaranteed good experience for me.

Phone reps are hit or miss. Sometimes its a smooth process that takes just a few minutes. Sometimes it takes a while because the rep wants to call and verify stock. Sometimes the rep won't agree to pm. Sometimes you randomly get disconnected. Even with a bad experience you can usually just call back in and try again, but I'd rather go to my store.

Try to get in good with your gaming reps & supervisors during pm's/purchases then when u need help they will be around for u. That's been the key for me getting somee major YMMV stuff like TRU GC deals that apply to all games vs the onesin the ad.

Avoid this if u have lots of purchases and/or don't know the date u made the purchase. I've seen the screen they when they tried this for me & it was like a gov't spreadsheet of text. 40+ transaction in a month make that tough.

#257 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=333770

#258 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=333770

according to kmarts pm galore can i still get the pricematch refund on assassins creed III even if i preordered it in october?

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#259 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Are you guys calling now to get the PM for Halo 4, or do you have to wait until 12/16 when the price starts? Also for over the phone PM, what info do I need to give them?

fs_overall.png

#260 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

according to kmarts pm galore can i still get the pricematch refund on assassins creed III even if i preordered it in october?

off course the pre-order date means nothing ur pm window starts from they day u buy it, not 100% sure if for online purchases they go from shipping or recieved date though.

#261 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Are you guys calling now to get the PM for Halo 4, or do you have to wait until 12/16 when the price starts? Also for over the phone PM, what info do I need to give them?

You need wait till current price is on sale before calling. Once you call them you tell them your order number and which item is on sale at which store. After that you wait a few minutes as they check the price and they credit back the difference on your gift card or credit/debit card.

#262 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

So, does doing a phone PM vs in-store PM let you keep your 1000 bonus RZ points for pre-ordering and picking up?

The way I had read it on the Best Buy forums was that if you returned your game you got the pre-order bonus points for you would lose any bonus RZ points you got and since to PM in-store they do a return/repurchase of your game you would essentially get your 1000RZ points deducted from your account. What has been people's experience?
Spoiler

#263 ziomatrix

ziomatrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

well since the other thread got closed, anybody check into the DLC, from the forums it seems like people who did an online in store pickup order are not getting their dlc codes.

i always preordered online and do a in-store pick up with my game preorders and also got my codes and $20 certs with no issues till far cry 3.

Anyways theres a way to get your code via bestbuy support forums and i contacted them via PM and got a response last night that they confirmed my preorder and purchase. So i'll be getting the code within 24 hours. Someone on the forums received the code already too

#264 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Kmart has it on sale the week before too, so you can call Sunday 12/9.

Tell them it's in the Kmart national ad, pull up the newspaper insert online so you can give them any details needed, and have your local Kmart's phone# handy in case they want to call over there.

#265 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

You need wait till current price is on sale before calling. Once you call them you tell them your order number and which item is on sale at which store. After that you wait a few minutes as they check the price and they credit back the difference on your gift card or credit/debit card.

Kmart has it on sale the week before too, so you can call Sunday 12/9.

Tell them it's in the Kmart national ad, pull up the newspaper insert online so you can give them any details needed, and have your local Kmart's phone# handy in case they want to call over there.

Thanks, I've never price-matched a pre-order. Seems ways easier than I thought.

fs_overall.png

#266 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

So, does doing a phone PM vs in-store PM let you keep your 1000 bonus RZ points for pre-ordering and picking up?

The way I had read it on the Best Buy forums was that if you returned your game you got the pre-order bonus points for you would lose any bonus RZ points you got and since to PM in-store they do a return/repurchase of your game you would essentially get your 1000RZ points deducted from your account. What has been people's experience?

The PM procedure for phone and in-store is the same. The big difference is when you PM on phone there is a chance to get disconnected from their side. When you PM on the phone the rep usually gives you back credit as an adjustment. At the store they process it as a price match at top of receipt they give you. Just double check with customer service rep they don't process it as return/rebuy, so you can keep your RZ points.

#267 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Just got my Far Cry 3 code emailed to me a little bit ago. I know many people were too impatient to wait this long (2 days?), but they generally do get them out to you with no problem.

#268 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, I'm with you, but I think I'll just wait for the games to drop in price now. It happens so fast, and with my backlog, I don't need to get anything day 1 any more.

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#269 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Farcry points are pending but no sign of 1000 points as of yet and i still havent got my preorder bonus code!

#270 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'll eventually buy at least half of those games, but I've kind of learned my lesson from this fall and will likely wait on most of them until they're like $20 or less on Black Friday. I will be getting GTA V and South Park right away, though. My two most anticipated games of the year.

I am a bit cautious on South Park because of the bad history of SP-related games, but I can just cancel my preorder if reviews are awful.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.