Loot Crate - Monthly video game swag $19.37/month

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So here is an interesting idea. You pay about $20 per month, and you get a Loot Crate. What's a Loot Crate? It's basically a box that gets mailed to you every month, filled with video game swag. Everything from "zombie jerky" to video game t-shirts to the Mario energy drink to Avengers cologne. Every month is different, but not random--meaning everybody gets the same things in their crate for the month. So your friend wont get a Zelda t-shirt while you get a Duke Nukem figure. It will be the same thing.

I think it's an interesting concept and figured i'd share.

http://www.lootcrate.com/welcome/index

Well, they do sale you trails of products. So yeah. I always did like The Right Stuff mystery $25 item. Except for The Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

that box looks pretty "meh". the drink, powder, and zelda mints i've seen at 5 below for $1-2. i doubt the glasses and the stache cost them that much more. i'm going to keep an eye on the site, but that box doesn't do anything for me.

[quote name='georox']And everyone else gets screwed! Yay!

I'd rather go buy a real lottery ticket.[/QUOTE]

How does everyone else get screwed?

I kinda like the idea behind this, still debatin on whether I should sign up.

So basically they somehow round up a bunch of promotional stuff, much of which is probably sent to them free, then they turn around and sell it in "mystery boxes" to a bunch of suckers customers.

This deal isn't for me.

Good idea, and I'm glad you brought it up so we could see this idea. But the stuff all looks like things I'd keep in a drawer for years and try to give away when it was time to move.

Eeeehhh... It kind of interests me for the things that are actually worth $20 (like the D3 t-shirt). But this month's crate has jack sh*t. Can't run that risk for $20.

Hate to be a pessimist but these bags of crap-style sales are always just a lot of random stuff someone along the line couldn't sell, so they just hype them up to nerds. Brilliant way to sell junk, but man some people get too excited over the dumbest stuff.

Yea, this thing sucks. A couple bucks for the food and a couple bucks for "collectibles" for 13.xx, then they overcharge for 6 bucks for shipping. Its nice when your youtube channel brings enough traffic to make it free, otherwise garbage.

I've been burned before by $10-mystery-box sites. There's no way this is worth it. At best you'll get posters and leftover paper goods.

Wow. That girl in that video is (expletive) annoying. Anyways, it looks like a bunch of crap thrown in a box that has little value. My girlfriend actually is signed up for a few subscription make up boxes (birch box, i think?) but at least the things they put in those (at least from she's told me are worth the cost and sometimes even more retail).

So, my opinion.. This sucks and the money would be better off signing up for Gamefly or buying a used game.

[quote name='burz88']If they throw that girl in a crate with some duct tape to put over her mouth, I'm in.[/QUOTE]

If she was seriously trying to draw attention to the deal and not herself, she would have worn a more conservative top and not bleach blonde her hair. I wonder how much she's getting paid to shill this junk?

To all my fellow CAGs, even the ones that are lonely, don't let big mammary glands distract you. She's not going to like or sleep with you if you buy any of the knick knacks she's hawking.

Edit: I realize my current avatar may seem to contradict what I'm saying, but all the ladies I feature are actually cosplaying.

Kinda off-topic, but now I'm interested in that video with Raychul girl..

... Do you guys know a good place where I could buy a glass display that looks similar to that?

Actually a serious question I promise! Lol, been wanting a nice looking glass display but not exactly where I could find one for a good moderate price.

Don't yall be taking bad about Raychul, I'll sue you! She's actually really cool though if you look pass them titties. She's free with her body but I know for a fact she's real when it comes to games. Seriously though I'm suing you all! O_O

As for the crate, no thanks sir.

[quote name='Bosamba']If she was seriously trying to draw attention to the deal and not herself, she would have worn a more conservative top and not bleach blonde her hair. I wonder how much she's getting paid to shill this junk?

To all my fellow CAGs, even the ones that are lonely, don't let big mammary glands distract you. She's not going to like or sleep with you if you buy any of the knick knacks she's hawking.

Edit: I realize my current avatar may seem to contradict what I'm saying, but all the ladies I feature are actually cosplaying.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, what the fuck? You got issues, man.

[quote name='georox']And everyone else gets screwed! Yay!

I'd rather go buy a real lottery ticket.[/QUOTE]

You'd have a better shot of winning here since they probably don't have many subscribers. Derp.

[quote name='Bosamba']If she was seriously trying to draw attention to the deal and not herself, she would have worn a more conservative top and not bleach blonde her hair. I wonder how much she's getting paid to shill this junk?

Edit: I realize my current avatar may seem to contradict what I'm saying, but all the ladies I feature are actually cosplaying.[/QUOTE]

Let's see, which video am I going to be more than likely to watch and come back for more: Greasy nerd opening box or bleached blonde with big breasts opening box...yeah that's a tough call.

Breasts are meant to be looked at and enjoyed. Don't let this guy who's probably pissed she got more hits on one video than he has on all of his persuade you differently. You go out there and enjoy the boobies. And, if you find her voice annoying, there's this wonderful button called the mute button.

[quote name='eXiON']Kinda off-topic, but now I'm interested in that video with Raychul girl..

... Do you guys know a good place where I could buy a glass display that looks similar to that?

Actually a serious question I promise! Lol, been wanting a nice looking glass display but not exactly where I could find one for a good moderate price.[/QUOTE]

You probably want to look up a detolf from Ikea. They are probably the best bang for the buck and looks exactly like what she has. I have 4 myself. It is about $60-65 each (or $30-40 if they have a sale on Black Friday). The only problem is if there isn't one near you for local pickup, it may cost a lot to ship since they weigh about 90lbs or more.

Yup, this crate looks to be tailored to those that have money to waste or like to collect random swag. Definitely an interesting idea though.

bread's done
Back