Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#931 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Alright im'a little late to the party (fucking sandy) but from what I've read so far this can't be done instore until next week? I just checked my pur and I had no coupon in my active offers. I really want to get in on jack and dexter along with the uncharted pack.

#932 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Alright im'a little late to the party (fucking sandy) but from what I've read so far this can't be done instore until next week? I just checked my pur and I had no coupon in my active offers. I really want to get in on jack and dexter along with the uncharted pack.

That's what I'm thinking. If you wanna do it in store the coupon probably isn't going to show up until Monday. I've had horrible experiences with Gamestop online so I'll wait to do it in store or go price match at Best Buy.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#933 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

So what's the trick to getting 'Sony50' to work online?

I'm logged in, I've got the "You scored discounts on PowerUp Rewards Pro™ eligible items!" message, but when I add the code I get "Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue. The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."

#934 Jville808

Jville808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

I know BBY is YMMV, but has anyone tried the coupon at Walmart? They're usually very good about price matching and competitors coupons

Posted Image

#935 Mando44646

Mando44646

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

it looks like the SONY50 code is no longer functioning as of this morning...

#936 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I would try, but I wouldn't actually buy it. My local walmart has some of the worst electronics people. Plus I hate shopping there. Lol

#937 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

So what's the trick to getting 'Sony50' to work online?

I'm logged in, I've got the "You scored discounts on PowerUp Rewards Pro™ eligible items!" message, but when I add the code I get "Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue. The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."

Looks like they disabled it.

Also, they cancelled my order that had a $10 gift card to circumvent shipping, so expect a lot of rage this morning.

#938 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Didn't work for me either :( I should have order it yesterday

#939 Jorrel56

Jorrel56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Also, they cancelled my order that had a $10 gift card to circumvent shipping, so expect a lot of rage this morning.

Same here. Oh well. I don't think it was worth the +shipping anyhow so adding the gift card was only way it was worth it for me. Another deal will come through on Jak and Daxter in the future I'm sure so I will just wait.
Posted Image

#940 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

fuckMe! The code isn't working anymore. Time to go to BestBuy and try to price match than.

#941 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

i'm a pur member, but i don't have that coupon in my active offers. :(

this. Omg what help please

#942 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Here's hoping it's active in store Monday like the GS employees and CS reps were saying.

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#943 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

This is just ridiculous. How can one of the largest game retailers in the country make this big of a mistake and make it bigger and bigger at every moment?

As a consumer, this pisses me off. As someone with an MBA, this is absolutely inexcusable and should cause a serious internal audit of each and every Fuck up that led down this shit hole of incompetence. Everything they've done has made the problem worse.

Please, Gamestop. Do something to prove me wrong. Show me you have competent managers and not just ruthless suits that bilk gamers out of money. I dare you.

#944 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

This is just ridiculous. How can one of the largest game retailers in the country make this big of a mistake and make it bigger and bigger at every moment?

As a consumer, this pisses me off. As someone with an MBA, this is absolutely inexcusable and should cause a serious internal audit of each and every Fuck up that led down this shit hole of incompetence. Everything they've done has made the problem worse.

Please, Gamestop. Do something to prove me wrong. Show me you have competent managers and not just ruthless suits that bilk gamers out of money. I dare you.

Mistakes happen, fair enough to say. But I agree, GameStop has not done a single thing right at all with this promotion.

-Make coupon, but don't give it to everyone, yet make everyone "eligible for it"
-Make coupon not work in stores without override
-Say it was leaked early that is why it doesn't work...yet still leave the date on the coupon Nov 1st...which means it wasn't leaked early, you screwed up
-Put it on the website
-Have it not work on the website unless you figure out the coupon code
-Have it only work on 1 game per order which goes against what the coupon and promo say
-People order gift cards to get the free shipping because they can't buy it in store like they want to due to either not getting a coupon or getting a coupon but it not working
-Cancel said gift card orders to further piss everyone off.

This was/is a great sale which is uncommon for GameStop. I suppose they knew that and felt the need to make it horrible so it fit their standard MO.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#945 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Sigh typical Gamestop. You finally give me reason to shop there and then quickly remind me why I shouldn't.

#946 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Not trying to troll you but have you ever worked for a large company? I don't have an MBA but I've got two BA's and worked for several Fortune 500 companies in their Finance Dept's. They all piss away money and make what appear to be poor choices. Management lacks common sense and that's the problem with many companies IMO. But if deal wasn't supposed to be live yet, then situation is mostly not their fault.

I was going to try and PM at BB today but can't find any details on GS website any longer. Link listed in earlier post doesn't bring up details. Can anyone confirm or direct me to info on GS.com? Should have done this yesterday like I wanted to.

#947 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Remember, they also failed to inform store managers about this promotion as well.

This is a national chain. But their communication is worse than a Mom and Pop franchise. We know they're capable of more. I LOVE how they handle inventory. I actually admire that about the company.

But crap like this will kill a company. Or at least, it should hurt them enough for a competitor to over take them.

-Make coupon, but don't give it to everyone, yet make everyone "eligible for it"
-Make coupon not work in stores without override
-Say it was leaked early that is why it doesn't work...yet still leave the date on the coupon Nov 1st...which means it wasn't leaked early, you screwed up
-Put it on the website
-Have it not work on the website unless you figure out the coupon code
-Have it only work on 1 game per order which goes against what the coupon and promo say
-People order gift cards to get the free shipping because they can't buy it in store like they want to due to either not getting a coupon or getting a coupon but it not working
-Cancel said gift card orders to further piss everyone off.

#948 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Not trying to troll you but have you ever worked for a large company? I don't have an MBA but I've got two BA's and worked for several Fortune 500 companies in their Finance Dept's. They all piss away money and make what appear to be poor choices. Management lacks common sense and that's the problem with many companies IMO. But if deal wasn't supposed to be live yet, then situation is mostly not their fault.

I was going to try and PM at BB today but can't find any details on GS website any longer. Link listed in earlier post doesn't bring up details. Can anyone confirm or direct me to info on GS.com? Should have done this yesterday like I wanted to.

Go to GS home page, scroll down to Featured Offers and Deals, and you'll see:

Posted Image Sony Collections

Score awesome deals when you buy select Sony Collections.

#949 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Here's some things I've noticed.

• Initial reports of the sale show that you need a coupon to get in on the deal and not everyone who's a PUR member has gotten it yet
  • The site had SONY50 as a code that allowed you to purchase ONE of the games per order; now it no longer works
  • The site now lists that PUR members need the coupon and it's only valid in-store; also offers 50% trade-in towards said games
Another promo involves $50 off a 360 w/ 2 free games between Oct. 14 - Jan. 5; I received said message on Oct. 23, nearly TEN DAYS AFTER the promo starter. Goes to show GameStop is extremely slow with this shit.

#950 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Glad I used my coupon in store yesterday and ordered the two games that were OOS at my gamestop.

Sucks the code no longer works. Hope the code comes back and maybe they add it to in store next week for the rest of you guys :)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#951 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

No worries. I know where you are coming from.

This mistake is big enough where someone should be packing their desk up today. It really is that big. It cost them money. It cost them customer loyalty. It was big. And it was public. And it isn't even fixed yet.

There is no excuse for consistent incompetence. If your company let's you stay on while you do a poor job, your company should go under.

And I'm writing this as I should be building a statistical model....
:roll:

Okay. Back to work, or else I might end up packing up my desk!

#952 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

In store only. Coupon required.

...and? He was just looking for a mention of it on the GS site and I directed him to it.

#953 Mr. Grimm

Mr. Grimm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I know I am being pessimistic, but is anyone else thinking that Gamestop is going to cancel every order placed with the SONY50 code?

#954 Poorleno

Poorleno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Anyone have a mirror image of the coupon? Cannot figure out how to pull it up...
Posted Image

#955 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I actually didn't get a PUR card until recently as I don't usually shop there and didn't know they were free. I am actually surprised no one has ever asked me to sign up for the PUR card at the store.

B/C the free cards are a minor metric, while the Pro cards are what employees are really measured on. Many will just ignore the free card.

#956 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Fun times... so am I picking up a PUR card today or what? I have no idea if I should still bother...
FadeToOne.png

#957 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Go to GS home page, scroll down to Featured Offers and Deals, and you'll see:

Posted Image Sony Collections

Score awesome deals when you buy select Sony Collections.

THANKS, knew i saw it before but couldn't find it for some reason.

#958 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

...and? He was just looking for a mention of it on the GS site and I directed him to it.

Sorry. I was running a little hot. Deleted. Mea culpa.

#959 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

what's the point of getting a pur card today? i have two pur cards, both didn t get coupon, and both are banned from ordering online. so fingers crossed it works on monday instore...?
oh wait my wife is having a lil baby monday, so i guess id miss on that too. peace Cag!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#960 Solomon87

Solomon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I will be so pissed if they cancel my orders, i will be calling them right on the spot and finding a way to still get this supposed deal.