Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#91 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

You just answered the whole point of my post... The resell value.

People post about wanting a physical disc so they can cherish it and play it for years.. Hell no, they just want to trade it in.

If GOW Saga was broken up into separate discs for 1+2, 3, and Origins, then you could trade it in for more than the collection by itself sells for. You honestly think the devs are that stupid (yes, sometimes they are)?

And about the harddrive space...what the hell do you think that's actually for?? Sitting empty and looking pretty? No. It's for downloads. Usually FULL GAME titles. Why else would they make such a bigass harddrive in systems? Last time I checked, our games saves don't take up 5gb a slot..

EDIT: this post wasn't directed at you Quagmilion. Understandable post you gave.
Posted Image

#92 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Yay.

1.Hard drive space.
2.Seeing the actual disk in your collection.
3.Resell value.

The case of download vs physical has been solved.

Now, back to what matters.......Anyone get a coupon that didn't earlier?

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#93 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Pro member here. Still no coupon. Got a deal that says "ts and Get One Pre-owned Product of Equal or Lesser Price Free." No idea what ts means.

Also, Origins is available at Best Buy for $20 for those interested. I'm waiting for $10, but I've got 4 Best Buys in the area and all of them have +4 copies. Even the crappy, run-down one.

#94 powersurge

powersurge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Free not pro member here no coupon yet for me. My guess is its PRO members only. :(

#95 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Personally, I've never understood the argument on physical over digital copies of games...

Many people argue that it's because "when the world of gaming goes all digital in yadda yadda years, I want to be able to pop in my game and play it, and not rely on some server to let me play what I spent MY money on!"

Bullshit. Everyone just wants a physical disc for "security" in case they DO ultimately get tired of it, and want to sell it off somewhere to make back a portion of what they originally paid. I know I'm not the only one thinking this either..

And TO that stated argument above: it's not like some major epidemic is going to happen that deletes all your downloaded games of your console. I'm sure in 20 yrs when whatever is out, you can boot up your old 360 or PS3, if it's still working respectively, and still play whatever full game download is on your harddrive.

Not so. Unless I absolutely hate a game I bought, I wouldn't resell it. I don't hate GoW at all, so I just want the disc just because it's a physical copy. I always go physical unless the game is download only.

#96 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Personally, I've never understood the argument on physical over digital copies of games...

Many people argue that it's because "when the world of gaming goes all digital in yadda yadda years, I want to be able to pop in my game and play it, and not rely on some server to let me play what I spent MY money on!"

Bullshit. Everyone just wants a physical disc for "security" in case they DO ultimately get tired of it, and want to sell it off somewhere to make back a portion of what they originally paid. I know I'm not the only one thinking this either..

And TO that stated argument above: it's not like some major epidemic is going to happen that deletes all your downloaded games of your console. I'm sure in 20 yrs when whatever is out, you can boot up your old 360 or PS3, if it's still working respectively, and still play whatever full game download is on your harddrive.

I like physical copies because I am a videogame collector and I like the way the case looks on my shelf more than the way the zeros and ones look inside my hard drive that will eventually wear out and crash someday.

But at this price, no one can complain about digital vouchers. These prices are more than fair.

#97 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Pro Member and no coupon yet, hopefully it's just taking a while for me, would love to get the GoW Saga!

Same. I really hope it shows up, because I want R&C collection.

#98 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

no coupon yet either (PUR PRO); i'll check again tomorrow...

#99 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

There's no way... I don't believe these prices, especially on brand new releases.

lol u dont have to believe em because i got the coupon and it states 50 percent off...sooo...yup.

#100 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Former Pro member, no coupon in my offers.

#101 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Fuck! this offer wont show up. and even if it will it seems like you need to find one magical store that has all the games you want in it, so you can buy them in a single transaction.

#102 Unseen77

Unseen77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Same here as most it seems, Im a member but I don't have any coupons for this under my active offers.

Wonder if they dropped the ball on this one. I was down for Jack and dexter and ISo/Col collections. :-(

#103 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Same here as most it seems, Im a member but I don't have any coupons for this under my active offers.

Wonder if they dropped the ball on this one. I was down for Jack and dexter and ISo/Col collections. :-(

I wanted the Ico collection as well. I don't have a coupon either. :c

#104 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Tell me how I can download the halo 2 maps that didn't transfer when my old hdd was about to die.

There is no way without the multiplayer disc, which is still missing maps. So if you buy games from a company and they shut down and/or cut off service and ur hdd/ssd goes, you're fucked.

#105 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Oh well. No coupon, yet. Maybe they are, still, going through the members' list. PUR Pro here.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#106 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Fuck! this offer wont show up. and even if it will it seems like you need to find one magical store that has all the games you want in it, so you can buy them in a single transaction.

Free member here, no coupon.

And if all the games are scattered around at different Gamestops, you could always just buy the collections you want without using your coupon or giving out that you're a PUR member. At the final store you get to, just return and rebuy all the games using your coupon. This will cost you more in fuel/time, but you still end up ahead in money saved depending on how much you're buying.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#107 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Too bad this deal isn't online by the sounds of it. I don't have any Gamestops near me :(

#108 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Currently a Pro member, no coupon. I wanted R&C...

#109 Mason202

Mason202

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Which of these collections do I get 50% trade in value for? Also hi Akari! lol
Posted Image

#110 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Wow, for once Gamestop has a good sale going on.
Get paid for the time you spend on the web! Click here

#111 Cabhills

Cabhills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Free member and no coupon here either. Hopefully it shows up.

Cabhills.png

76561198031533789.png

#112 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

im on the east coast (CT), yearly member no coupon. not sure if they are doing this only in certain areas of the country....
Posted Image

#113 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

fucking coupons, i tell ya. why can't they just have this be a normal sale and state that you must be a PUR member to get the sale price? Instead they have to hide away some stupid coupon on the PUR website that most people never go to.

I better get this goddamn coupon or I'm going to flip my shit.

#114 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Didn't receive the coupon and I've had Pro for a few years now. Buy a lot as well but mostly with trade in credit. Unfortunately I purchased the Ico Collection so that might be a reason (if there is one) why I didn't receive the coupon. I just deleted it from "games I have" in my Power Up Rewards library with hopes it might trigger the coupon.

#115 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

^I doubt that means anything. I've never bought any of the collections from GS and I haven't got the coupon

#116 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Pro member but no coupon.

I'm almost glad. This would rape my backlog and my wallet.

I need 11 more games to play like I need a hole in the head. But all that for $65 would be a hell of a deal.

#117 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Pro member but no coupon.

I'm almost glad. This would rape my backlog and my wallet.

I need 11 more games to play like I need a hole in the head. But all that for $65 would be a hell of a deal.

Agreed.

#118 Hexor

Hexor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Im PUR and i got the coupon on active offers :D
Posted Image

#119 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Man, Killzone, Jak, and Ratchet seem tempting
Posted Image

#120 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

I'm PUR pro and didn't get the coupons, does that mean I'm out of luck?