Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#151 Unseen77

Unseen77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

You would think a program that uses an active card would utilize that technology. More then half their subs don't get the coupon or don't even know about the promo, then again that might be intended?

#152 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

You would think a program that uses an active card would utilize that technology. More then half their subs don't get the coupon or don't even know about the promo, then again that might be intended?

Exactly why they do it. That's why they pissed me off to no end when they pulled this crap with that PS3 coupon I didn't renew because of that. I see they are continuing this tactic, makes it real easy to stay away from them. This isn't a sweepstakes or something, its just a sale and you do not cut out your paying members from deals like that.

#153 midloo

midloo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

No coupon for me.

OH HEY! Look GS is doing another incredibly ridiculous and unfair random coupon again screwing over paid PUR members. Isn't that sweet of them.

Agreed... Now it just pisses me off that I recently started my lapsed Pro account again. I had been burned by GS a bunch of times in the past, so I gave up on the program, but some nice guy in the store talked me into it again.
Posted Image

#154 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Someone's gonna have to test this & report back. I'd do it myself if I wasn't working all day today.

Yes please I'd like to know too.

#155 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

No coupon for me.

Agreed... Now it just pisses me off that I recently started my lapsed Pro account again. I had been burned by GS a bunch of times in the past, so I gave up on the program, but some nice guy in the store talked me into it again.

*insert Memento picture*

Don't fall for his lies.

I'm not sure if ICO/SoTC will hit 9.99 but i'm sure someone will have GoW Saga for $20 and the others on sale so have patience. I think some of these "sales" like this are testing the water for bigger sales. This may even be promoted by Sony behind the scenes testing to see if a wider sale for the holidays would work. They aren't dropping the price on the PS3 or new super slim but this would get people to start a collection with new purchases. They are trying to push the whole content over price drop thing right now.

#156 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Can you update the thread title with the proper end date of 11/14?
Posted Image

#157 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

I will as soon as i get chance to log on to a computer

#158 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

So we have no idea about the 50% bonus still?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#159 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

no coupon for me either

bummer

#160 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

GameStop Rewards Pro, Amazon Prime... nothing but scams to get people to buy shit they don't actually want.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#161 daminion

daminion

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Expired pro member as of August and I see the offer in their iPhone app. Feels like a good way to spend the remainder of my GS credit.

#162 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Expired pro member as of August and I see the offer in their iPhone app. Feels like a good way to spend the remainder of my GS credit.

Would it show up on the Android app?

Currently playing:

#163 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Prime is most definitely not a scam if you order a lot of stuff from amazon and want it quickly.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#164 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Prime is most definitely not a scam if you order a lot of stuff from amazon and want it quickly.

Especially Student Prime. It's video library is not as robust as netflix but i can live with it as a bonus and getting rid of that expense every month.

And I don't have to put up with random shit I paid for.

"Sorry, this order didn't qualify for free Two-day shipping this time. Try again!"

#165 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Wow... I was thinking of grabbing a PUR card and activating it today just to get Ratchet, but if it's random like people are saying, what's the point?
FadeToOne.png

#166 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Bleh, I see you need one of those stupid coupons. Looks like no R&C for me...

#167 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

With another friend I am in for:

Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
God of War Saga
Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Killzone Trilogy

Going to trade in Uncharted 1/2, both inFamous games, all 3 God of War games, and both Killzone games and friend is paying the rest. Thanks OP for the info!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#168 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Maybe they haven't rolled them all out yet? Fingers crossed...

#169 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP. Sounds like this would be an ideal time to cop Journey and R&C Collection. :) Already have the other games I care about in one form or another but still a pretty nice price for those 2.

EDIT: Oh well nvm, just saw the 1st post and didn't get to the part about having to be a PUR member and then even worse that it seems only a few members are getting the coupon. :-( Ugh, this is why I never shop at GS unless they actually have a legit deal better than anywhere else...and most of the time I'll just take the promo to Best Buy to get a price match anyway. :razz:

#170 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Especially when you have family members to split the cost with. $17 a year for prime and Amazon video on demand.....what a scam!

#171 russellj

russellj

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

I didn't get a coupon either. Damn wanted R&C.

#172 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Maybe they haven't rolled them all out yet? Fingers crossed...

HAHA, boy this sounds familiar. Don't hold your breath.

#173 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Wow... I was thinking of grabbing a PUR card and activating it today just to get Ratchet, but if it's random like people are saying, what's the point?

Same situation here

#174 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Paid Pro member and no coupon.

#175 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Just got back from gamestop, did jot get a coupon and manager didn't know amyhing about the sale. I tried to ring up journey ce but it was full price with and without my PUR pro card. Manager looked through memos and emails but didn't see anyway hing about sale. Maybe its regional? Marietta,GA here

#176 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Especially when you have family members to split the cost with. $17 a year for prime and Amazon video on demand.....what a scam!

Prime is not a scam, but Amazon sure treats their non-Prime customers like second-rate customers. I often don't receive my pre-ordered games until a week after release. Luckily Newegg and BB have stepped up to the plate lately with their credit deals. I used to love Amazon, and they have good customer service but their price competitiveness has gone down the drain.

#177 argyle

argyle

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Just got back from gamestop, did jot get a coupon and manager didn't know amyhing about the sale. I tried to ring up journey ce but it was full price with and without my PUR pro card. Manager looked through memos and emails but didn't see anyway hing about sale. Maybe its regional? Marietta,GA here

Thanks, sounds like you've saved me a trip. Oh well, like others have said I expect most if not all of these games to be on sale during BF weekend, so I can wait.
Posted Image

#178 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

I read that as if a moose typed it.

Anyway, I just checked the Android app, and nada.

Currently playing:

#179 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Valdosta, Ga area here, pro member since it started, no coupon.

#180 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I completely agree. At least this is the case for me. And since I have college email, i get it for alot cheaper.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake