Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#1951 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Still nothing for me

#1952 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Just got another coupon on my email.it seems that now they are sending to everyone

I purchased the games in my powerup offerings website via coupon, now they sent another coupon in my e-mail also. I guess the coupon code is the same so we can only use it 1 time either way?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1953 spooie_redux

spooie_redux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

[QUOTE=Fukurou;10106767 Got a deal that says "ts and Get One Pre-owned Product of Equal or Lesser Price Free." No idea what ts means.
[/QUOTE]

Got the same thing. Hmmm...

#1954 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Checking again and still nothing for me. :(

#1955 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

got the same coupon as an email. whatever. glad to be done with this bullshit.

#1956 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

I already used my so it's no longer showing up in active offers, can someone confirm that the powerup website coupon code and e-mail code is the same for this offer?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1957 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

I already used my so it's no longer showing up in active offers, can someone confirm that the powerup website coupon code and e-mail code is the same for this offer?

Only one person has claimed his/her code was different. Mine was the same. Saw this at the bottom of the email:

*50% Off Select Sony Collections: Selection may vary by store. No rainchecks. No substitutions. Must use coupon at time of purchase. Coupon in the PowerUp Rewards Active Offers is the same coupon and is valid for one transaction only. Not valid on pre-played games. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12. Valid in-store only. Not valid on GameStop.com.

#1958 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

There were two codes. SONY50, which gave the 50% off, and SAVER, which gave free shipping to all orders over $25, which counted the original price of the games, so most of the collections would work with it. The SONY50 does not work anymore. SAVER still should, though.

soo is the sale still going on in store? it seems most people are buying it online. i just find it easier to buy it in store because i guess theres a gamestop at my college
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#1959 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Still no coupon. :(
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#1960 hiljay

hiljay

Super Aggro CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

I am very saddened that I am not done with said bullshit. Where's my coupon?!?! :wall:

3DS FC:  1091 8995 8627

PSN:  neiljoy

XBL:  neiljoy

Steam:  hiljay

have a day. 

#1961 HR PufnStuf

HR PufnStuf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Headed to GameStop tonight. Picked up GOW, R&C, J+D, Infamous, and Killzone. I traded in a few games which added an extra 50%. Got 31.50 for Madden 13 which is fine by me! Apparently there was an extra $10 credit if you traded in 3 games of certain value.

I left the store with 15 games and 14 dollars store credit. I definitely was not expecting that.

#1962 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

I picked up J&D and R&C collections today. Ratchet was sealed while Jak wasn't (lame) but I am glad. I was think about Ico/Shadow but I will wait and see what the BF and holidays have in store. So far a good start to a good holiday shopping season. I will save these for christmas and get back at my backlog.

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png

#1963 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

this thread is almost at 2,000 comments!!:whee:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1964 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for letting me know about this sale. I picked up the last unopened copy of Ico\Shadow collection from my nearest Gamestop.

#1965 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I just got an email about this sale with the EBC code in it, and I already used my PU one on Sunday. Will put on phone and take it in tomorrow.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1966 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

What's the difference between buying a used opened copy and a new opened copy? I mean, they look the same right?

#1967 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Just got the email and code also. Hopefully there will still be unopened Jaks, Ratchets and Icos left. The coupon says nothing about one game per coupon, btw.

#1968 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Had the coupon in my account, I just read them the code off of my phone. Picked up a gutted J&D and sealed GOW and R&C. Massive haul of games for $45! They tried to give me a gutted copy of GOW without the download voucher for the PSP games and I had to complain until they dug around and found the sealed copy. Then the guy proceeded to tell me that the only way to guarantee a sealed copy of a game is to preorder, which I could easily do on such upcoming titles as Halo 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and many more! Seriously, I'm not kidding. They also had NO idea about the promo.

Wow seriously? So I guess since the games weren't gonna be in there you also got a discount right :lol:

#1969 eselv73

eselv73

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

What's the difference between buying a used opened copy and a new opened copy? I mean, they look the same right?

New copy - developer gets a cut
Used copy - your money goes to grimey ass gamestop

#1970 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

New copy - developer gets a cut
Used copy - your money goes to grimey ass gamestop

No no, I mean…I don't shop at GameStop, but I always hear people complain that they get new copies that are opened. How is it new? I don't get it.

#1971 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

I just got an email about this sale with the EBC code in it, and I already used my PU one on Sunday. Will put on phone and take it in tomorrow.

You certain they are not the same codes? The one from PU was the same one they emailed me.
Posted Image

#1972 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

No no, I mean…I don't shop at GameStop, but I always hear people complain that they get new copies that are opened. How is it new? I don't get it.

To put games out on the shelf, GameStop opens one or two copies of that game, removes the game, and puts the empty case on display. (So people can't steal the games) There are sealed copies behind the counter, but if that display/opened copy is the last copy of the game, that is what you get. It's still "new" (according to GameStop) because it has never been played before...just opened.
Make sense?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1973 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I just got an email with the coupon code. And the add has the Uncharted Dual pack right on it. Gonna try Gamestop again for the Uncharted Dual pack and if they still won't sell it to me im headed over to BB.

Edited by Kikyou1, 06 November 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#1974 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

What happens if you buy a game new and they give you a "new" one that is gutted and then try to return it the next day because you found another one elsewhere unopened. Would they believe you and let you get your money back or would they think that it is now not new because it was opened to begin with and you took it home.

#1975 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

my google acount on my phone got messed up so I had to make a new one. If Gamestop sent a coupon to my old one will they send one to my new one ? I just updated my pur acount
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1976 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

well, id use it but I think someone would get to it before I would lol >_<.

But I wonder if I can take that to price match at Best Buy.

#1977 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

well, id use it but I think someone would get to it before I would lol >_<.

But I wonder if I can take that to price match at Best Buy.

You probably can, a lot of people have already done it.

#1978 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Yeah, ill try that then. I would take it in with me but Id feel stupid if it didnt work. Unless they would do it manually.

#1979 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hoping to get rid of my Borderlands GOTY (since I've got it all through PSN+) for the noted $15 (making it $22.50 after bonus) and picking up the Uncharted collection and maybe another one of the HD collections. Recommendations?

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#1980 MajinStylee

MajinStylee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

I was able to get the Infamous, R&C, and Ico collections today with the coupon. The Infamous and Ico collections were gutted, but complete. The code that came with R&C didn't work, weirdly enough, even though that was a brand new sealed copy. At least the Infamous code worked, which has a ton more stuff