Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#1981 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Do you have to be a paid Power Up Rewards member? Mine just expired in August I think. I never renewed it cause i never really end up there, and it may be cheaper to just pay the 10% more than to pay $15 a year, there is a free PUR anyway and I mostly just go to best buy or somewhere and catch a sale. the only reason I ever justified gamestops rewards was the magazine. which i get so many they usually just sit around or i half read them...

#1982 willywonka159

willywonka159

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Do you have to be a paid Power Up Rewards member? Mine just expired in August I think. I never renewed it cause i never really end up there, and it may be cheaper to just pay the 10% more than to pay $15 a year, there is a free PUR anyway and I mostly just go to best buy or somewhere and catch a sale. the only reason I ever justified gamestops rewards was the magazine. which i get so many they usually just sit around or i half read them...

You do not have to be a paid rewards member.

#1983 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

Confirmed - Coupon code via e-mail is the same as the one on my account.

But, since I've already used up the coupon and it no longer shows under Active Offers, looks like I'm out of luck using it twice.

However, there's always the PM at Best Buy now that I can print out the e-mail, a screenshot of the Gamestop website, and a copy of my original coupon... should work, hopefully.

#1984 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

No no, I mean…I don't shop at GameStop, but I always hear people complain that they get new copies that are opened. How is it new? I don't get it.

It means they were opened but not sold, yet. I read they let the employees borrow games from the store. One day, they tried to give me some "new" games with all kinds of smudges-n-things on them. Those were BEYOND used. No way those games hadn't been used.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1985 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

^when i was in gs on sunday playing wii-u, an employee was bragging to a kid about being able to borrow any game thats been opened.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1986 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Had the coupon in my account, I just read them the code off of my phone. Picked up a gutted J&D and sealed GOW and R&C. Massive haul of games for $45! They tried to give me a gutted copy of GOW without the download voucher for the PSP games and I had to complain until they dug around and found the sealed copy. Then the guy proceeded to tell me that the only way to guarantee a sealed copy of a game is to preorder, which I could easily do on such upcoming titles as Halo 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and many more! Seriously, I'm not kidding. They also had NO idea about the promo.

and if you pre order one of those following games now, we will also throw in a gamestop plastic bag, to keep your games safe at all times !!!
gamestop=jerks.... well, i cant say all of them. :)

#1987 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

so yesterday i used the code that was in my active offers and was only able to get 1 game because i didnt have the coupon in hand just the code. today i got another code in my email idk if it is the same code but if it is is there any way that i can use it again?

#1988 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

I wouldn't be suprised if we see a deal on these HD collections, cheaper like gamesotp down the road. So for those with a huge backlog, keep looking out for future deals such as black friday, amazon or even Newegg!

In case anyone wants to try their luck read this fine print, I got through the e-mail!

*50% Off Select Sony Collections: Selection may vary by store. No rainchecks. No substitutions. Must use coupon at time of purchase. Coupon in the PowerUp Rewards Active Offers is the same coupon and is valid for one transaction only. Not valid on pre-played games. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12. Valid in-store only. Not valid on GameStop.com.

**50% Extra In-Store Credit: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of participating games. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12.

‡$75 Extra In-Store Credit: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new 500GB Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 10/30/12 through 12/3/12.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1989 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

^when i was in gs on sunday playing wii-u, an employee was bragging to a kid about being able to borrow any game thats been opened.

Madness!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1990 NoRainNoRainbow

NoRainNoRainbow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Went to my local Game Stop and traded in my Metro 2033 for $12 thanks to the 50% bonus and grabbed the ICO collection for no money out of my pocket!
Now I'm really regretting not bringing in a couple extra games and buying the GOW Saga as well. Oh well.

#1991 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

damn guess i got screwed never going back to that gamestop

#1992 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Anyone know when Gamestop refills their stock?

#1993 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

the gamestop I have across from my job isn't that bad, I only had two experiences with them:
the first being I bought a used copy of Fallout 3 goty and almost walked out with out a disk
the second being I bought a copy of john woo's stranglehold ce and it had the regular disk (brown colored, CE comes with a black disk with the movie hardboiled) but the price was adjusted after the fact and no one complained.

once I get paid (and finish paying bills and that damned blopsII cp) I might pick up J&D and GoW at least for gifts.

#1994 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

got my coupon about 2 hours ago, so they are still coming I guess.

106889.png

#1995 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Still no code here tried to price match at best buy but they said they don't do coupons

#1996 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

I finally got one this morning! I'd post here but am planning to use it to pick up the R&C Collection.

#1997 ULOOKUPTOME

ULOOKUPTOME

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I woke up and received an email with a code. Strange because i haven't been a "pro" member for about a year and a half. I was kinda curious about some of the deals. I will check my local stores stock and if they don't have my game then i will give it away here.

#1998 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Damn, still no coupon for me. Really wanted to get the R&C Collection.
Posted Image

#1999 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Got mine today, just wish it wasn't in store only.

#2000 purbeast

purbeast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

still nothing here. would be awesome to get one before i go pick up halo 4 in a couple hours.

anyone who's not going to use theirs if you want to give it to me that would be great :)

#2001 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

How is the stock on these collections? It seems like it would be all sold out by now. I'm afraid that if I ever do get a coupon it will be worthless...

#2002 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Still got nothing and been a members for over 7 years but haven't bought anything from them in over a year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2003 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hows Ratchet and Clank. Never played it and thinking about getting that. Does it actually have a story or should I just get the latest one and ignore the collection.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#2004 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hows Ratchet and Clank. Never played it and thinking about getting that. Does it actually have a story or should I just get the latest one and ignore the collection.

Get all the ratchet and clanks period (ex r&c shitlocked). They are all amazing games !
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2005 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Get all the ratchet and clanks period (ex r&c shitlocked). They are all amazing games !

This x100. R&C is one of my favorite series of all time. That and Sly Cooper. :D

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#2006 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Damn, no coupon yet!

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#2007 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Let's move requests/giveaways/etc for codes here - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331377

#2008 FakeKisser

FakeKisser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Just PSA. If you got a coupon in your email, it is the same as in your account. So, if you used the one in your account, the one in the email will not work. I just had another CAG send me his email, but it didn't work, unfortunately. :(

#2009 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sorry, but I don't wanna read 103 pages. Does this work online?

#2010 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Sweet deal, I'm having trouble choosing between Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter. I'm interested in both Platforming and shooters. However, I heard R&C kept it's playstyle exactly the same, so i feel like i might get bored with it--while Jak changes it up. Oh and J&D's ~130 trophies compared to R&C's 35 is making me lean toward Jak.

Any insight on choosing between both from someone who's played both series?