Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#2041 Squigley

Squigley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

To everyone who didn't get the offer, forget Gamestop. Find the coupon scan someone posted early on (sorry, I don't remember which page) and price match at Best Buy. Tried at two different locations, got the deal on multiple games, and they even let me keep the coupon after.

#2042 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I didn't get an email, but I checked my active offers on my account and found my coupon just sitting there. I used it to get Sotc/Ico, Jak, and Ratchet. The girl at the store asked if I wanted my coupon back in case I wanted to use it again for other titles while the sale lasts, so I'm guessing the coupon is not a one time use thing?

The code is unique and only works once
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#2043 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

no coupon, no email, and the stupid website refused to sell me any of the games...

so annoying u.u'
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2044 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

The code is unique and only works once

yup coupon in active offers and e-mail are the same!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2045 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

To everyone who didn't get the offer, forget Gamestop. Find the coupon scan someone posted early on (sorry, I don't remember which page) and price match at Best Buy. Tried at two different locations, got the deal on multiple games, and they even let me keep the coupon after.

Yep, that's probably the best bet at this point - to print out or open on your phone the GameStop page with this promo, as welll as the coupon that was posted early in this thread. Most gamestops have been wiped out of their copies at this point or have gutted copies at best by now, at least that's what I've observed in the stores I've visited as well as looking at the inventory checker for the games. Almost all locations that still show up as having these indicate they are low stock, which usually means gutted.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2046 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I give up. I'm going to print out the stuff from earlier in the thread and just go to Best Buy I think. I had wanted to use the $25 I have in credit at GameStop, but since they apparently don't want to encourage me to shop there more often I'll just go to Best Buy.
Posted Image

#2047 SargeSmash

SargeSmash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Man, this is super frustrating. You'd think, given how much I spend at Gamestop, that they'd give me a coupon. Didn't realize coupons were single-use, so I tried it yesterday, no dice. Obviously. I'm really hoping I can get one, I want to snag SotC and Journey.

If not, though... well, it's not like my backlog isn't long enough as it is.

#2048 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Daz, PM me on 11/12, if I haven't used it or sold it by then, you can have mine which expires on 11/14.

(tried to tell you through PM but your inbox is full)

Thanks for the offer, I'll shoot you a pm on the 12th to see if you still have it, much appreciated!

didnt realize my inbox was full, thanks for the heads up on that BTW.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#2049 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

My GOW Saga has just arrived. I open the case and there is no code for free 30 day trial of PS+. -_- I am now disappointed.

#2050 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Just finished Journey. It's pretty cool to walk those damn snowy mountain with a companion. Too bad I haven't found anyone to meditate for 20 seconds haha. There's one guy kept looking as I meditate but I guess he doesn't know how

#2051 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Got the email yesterday but have no printer. Still just gonna try to use it from my phone.

#2052 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

i really should stop coming to this thread. it only leads me to be sadder that people are getting two codes and i have yet to receive one.

To all who are not getting emails. I didn't get an email from them, but I checked my PUR account and saw it on the "Active Offers" tab. Be sure to check there too, guys.

Also, does anyone know if these coupons are 1 time use? GS stiffed me on the trade in credit and might wanna go back to pick something else up.
EDIT: My bad. 1 time use.

#2053 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

My GOW Saga has just arrived. I open the case and there is no code for free 30 day trial of PS+. -_- I am now disappointed.

if you order online, you run the risk of getting a gutted copy? WTF. I thought that was only in store.

#2054 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

if you order online, you run the risk of getting a gutted copy? WTF. I thought that was only in store.

Weird, I just opened GoW Saga and Kilzone Triology (both sealed) but no PS plus either. Are they supposed to come with them?

#2055 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

yes (GoW at least does) I grabbed a copy for my brother when it released and he gave me the code since he doesnt go online ever.

Product Description from Amazon

Re-live the Most Epic Saga in Gaming

Experience Five Legendary Adventures In Kratos' Quest For Vengeance Against The Gods Who Betrayed Him.

o God of War, God of War II, God of War III, and God of War: Origins Collection which includes: God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta
o Exclusive Bonus Content
o Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
o Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#2056 xXNikoXx

xXNikoXx

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Has anyone had any luck with using the coupon through phone?

#2057 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

yes (GoW at least does) I grabbed a copy for my brother when it released and he gave me the code since he doesnt go online ever.

yea just watched some unboxing vid. Seems like GoW should. Maybe gamestop version doesn't come with them. So I guess only Amazon version come with the voucher. Nevermind description on gamestop says it should have it

#2058 storl026

storl026

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I got Killzone Trilogy & Jak Collection price-matched at Best Buy today, no questions asked. I just had a banner printout, and a scan of the coupon printed out. They didn't even look at the coupon.

http://www.gamestop....n/gamestop-sale

#2059 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

yea just watched some unboxing vid. Seems like GoW should. Maybe gamestop version doesn't come with them. So I guess only Amazon version come with the voucher

The copy for my bro was from target

87688.png

#2060 ULOOKUPTOME

ULOOKUPTOME

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Instead of reading through 100 pages I'll just ask:

Do we get the coupon if we have the free account?

I got a code this morning and i haven't been a "pro" member since 18 months ago so my guess is "yes" free members will get it too.
Posted Image

#2061 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Has anyone had any luck with using the coupon through phone?

I pulled up my account on my phone in store and they used the code from there without any hassle. I've done this in the past with other coupons as well at different locations without any problems.

#2062 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

i really should stop coming to this thread. it only leads me to be sadder that people are getting two codes and i have yet to receive one.

Are you fucking shitting me? I'm so thankful and lucky that I ran into a GS employee who gave me his coupon. I still haven't gotten one either. I'm sick of checking the poweruprewards website.

#2063 Gotenks

Gotenks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

If it doesn't mention the voucher for a free month of plus on the back, it wont have it. Look at the 3:36 mark of this youtube video. The back of his case mentions it. The one I got doesn't, so I didn't get a voucher.

Posted Image

#2064 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Still no in-store coupon, but I did receive my copy of God of War Saga that I was able to order with the sony50/saver coupons online.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (28) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:  :wiiu: Hyrule Warriros

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#2065 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Still no in-store coupon, but I did receive my copy of God of War Saga that I was able to order with the sony50/saver coupons online.

Does the SONY50 still work? It just rejected it when I tried to put it in just now.

#2066 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Does the SONY50 still work? It just rejected it when I tried to put it in just now.

No, it's been dead for a few days now.

#2067 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

I pulled up my account on my phone in store and they used the code from there without any hassle. I've done this in the past with other coupons as well at different locations without any problems.

I tried that and the guy couldn't get it to work. Went back just a few minutes ago with a print out and it worked. :shrug:

#2068 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

No, it's been dead for a few days now.

um...website says it runs through 11/14...so....

#2069 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

I tried that and the guy couldn't get it to work. Went back just a few minutes ago with a print out and it worked. :shrug:

Weird. The guy who helped me just typed it in.

#2070 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

um...website says it runs through 11/14...so....

umm... good luck with that.....
...........................................so..........