Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#2101 Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Is there a trick to getting this coupon? I haven't got the coupon yet and I'm a PowerUp Rewards Pro member. Want to pick up the God of War Sagas collection

#2102 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

The number is complete bull; I really want to know how they make it. As an employee I don't see how people have saved that much money. Mine says I have saved about $900 :roll:

From what I was told by the employee it includes your trades in and purchases. I was pretty shocked when I was told I had saved over $2000 as there is no way I spent that much but if you factor in trade ins, it's possible.

#2103 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I was told similar. Girl at GS (loudly) that I saved $600 during the last year.

By not shopping at Gamestop :lol:

#2104 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Got Ratchet and Journey today, bought them with the sony50 code. Still want that coupon to pick up Jak, might just try and pm Best Buy tomorrow for it. What the hell kind of system is it when a dlc game collection gets an instruction book with it and a disk with three HD remastered PS2 games don't?

That Game Company cares about stuff like that more than Imsomniac.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#2105 schnoo

schnoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

is the SONY50 coupon not working online anymore? I noticed in the joystiq photo that the deal was in-store only.

I don't even have a Powered Up card yet, so I don't think i'll get a coupon when i sign up.

damn.

http://www.joystiq.c...p-power-up-peo/

#2106 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Got the email a day or so ago and broke down to get me a shiny new toy. Talked myself out of Jak & Daxter, prefering to get it later when it comes out on Vita (seems like a good series for portable play).
Got Ratchet & Clank collection, i'm in it to see the evolution of the crazy weaponry over the duration of the series.

#2107 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Couple of questions since I don't want to get it wrong with a one time use. Someone sold me their code but I'm not a PUR member.

Can I just use the code online or take it in without being a PUR member and get the games?

If I order online do I just enter it as a promo code (same place I put saver)?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2108 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

Couple of questions since I don't want to get it wrong with a one time use. Someone sold me their code but I'm not a PUR member.

Can I just use the code online or take it in without being a PUR member and get the games?

If I order online do I just enter it as a promo code (same place I put saver)?

In-store only.

#2109 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

From what I was told by the employee it includes your trades in and purchases. I was pretty shocked when I was told I had saved over $2000 as there is no way I spent that much but if you factor in trade ins, it's possible.

Hmm I suppose that makes more sense. I would think the number represents lifetime purchases at GameStop with the powerupcard...it's the only way it makes sense imo
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#2110 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

In-store only.

Cool. Will I get grief if I'm not a pur member?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2111 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

I opted to pass on the God of War, Killzone, and Infamous collections. I already have Infamous 1 and 2, and God of War III, God of War Collection, and God of War Origins Collection, so those two would have been redundant. While I would have liked to get all of the DLC content for Infamous 2, I'm not paying an extra $15 for it.

The Killzone collection was one of the most expensive of the options, and I'm pretty sure I'll see a comparably low price inside of the next six months. (under $20) There's no hurry on that one.

What I DID pick up was the Journey Collection, The Ratchet and Clank collection, and the Jak and Daxter collection. $40 well spent.

#2112 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Still no code. I'll cancel my Blops 2 preorder with them if none by the end of this week.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#2113 angrynoisefly

angrynoisefly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

still no coupon here... good thing bb price matched sunday... definitely canceling all my preorders and switching to bb

#2114 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

still nothing :(

#2115 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

I called gamestop cs and they said that i might have to wait 3 more days to get a coupon smh :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2116 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

my jimmies are so rustled right now

#2117 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Got my copy of Journey: CE from this sale today - this is easily the fastest I've ever gotten an item from GS.

#2118 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

I opted to pass on the God of War, Killzone, and Infamous collections. I already have Infamous 1 and 2, and God of War III, God of War Collection, and God of War Origins Collection, so those two would have been redundant. While I would have liked to get all of the DLC content for Infamous 2, I'm not paying an extra $15 for it.

The Killzone collection was one of the most expensive of the options, and I'm pretty sure I'll see a comparably low price inside of the next six months. (under $20) There's no hurry on that one.

What I DID pick up was the Journey Collection, The Ratchet and Clank collection, and the Jak and Daxter collection. $40 well spent.

Since you were there anyway, why didn't you trade in Infamous 1 and 2 for Infamous Collection in the same transaction (or if you prefer Best Buy credit, Infamous 1 to BBY and Infamous 2 to Gamestop)? Infamous 2 TIV held at $9 today, Infamous 1 might still be $4, so that's $19.50 after bonus at least.

Edited by phoenixlau, 07 November 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#2119 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Ok so my GOW saga arrived. When i open it there is only a voucher for the two PSP games and the 2 disc. Doesn't it come with a free month of ps plus as well? Or is it the same code as the code for the two games?

#2120 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Ok so my GOW saga arrived. When i open it there is only a voucher for the two PSP games and the 2 disc. Doesn't it come with a free month of ps plus as well? Or is it the same code as the code for the two games?

It should have a separate voucher for the 30 day PS+.

uc.png

#2121 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Picked up Journey today with a pricematch at walmart. Had to buy it to match my Art of Journey signed book

I held off for so long though because I own flower. Why sony won't let people 'gift' or give away licenses for games is beyond me. Same goes with any company and digital media in this day.

#2122 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

The one that I got in the mail did not have the PS+ trial, and did not mention it on the box. The one that I got in-store did have the PS+ trial, and did mention it on the box.

If it doesn't mention the voucher for a free month of plus on the back, it wont have it. Look at the 3:36 mark of this youtube video. The back of his case mentions it. The one I got doesn't, so I didn't get a voucher.

#2123 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Still did not get a code, myself.

Though I would have preferred to use up my GS credit instead, I just decided to take my chances on a BB PM. After they confirmed the deal with GS, they PM'd it without issue. :bouncy:

Got KZ, GoW Saga and R&C.

#2124 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

My results:

- 1 trip to Best Buy -

$09.99 God of War: Origins Collection
$09.99 Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
$14.99 Journey Collector's Edition
$14.99 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
$14.99 Ratchet & Clank Collection
$70.80 TOTAL with tax

- 1 trip to Gamestop -

$09.99 Jak & Daxter Collection
$10.89 TOTAL with tax

I just told the cashier that Gamestop is having a 50% off sale on PS3 Collections, and to Google "Gamestop Collection Sale".

Hard to beat ~$5.00 per game, brand new! I've never played any of these games (except for Peace Walker), so I've got a lot of classics to catch up on now.

#2125 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Cool. Will I get grief if I'm not a pur member?

Gamestop employees can make you a free PowerUp Rewards account. You should go there and ask about it. They will probably tell you to pay to be a Pro member so you can get all the benefits etc. just say no, say you want the free account only! After making the account, tell them that you would like to redeem the coupon. Good luck! (:

By the way, I got GOW Saga using the code I got from Gamestop. Thank you OP! and thank you Gamestop! (:

#2126 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but this is the first time I have had access to the Internet and this site since the Hurricane and I don't have time to look through all the posts.

How do you get this deal? Does it automatically ring up if you scab your card in store? Is it online only? Cause the prizes are MSRP on the site and there doesn't appear to be anything about this on the PU website. Thanks in advance

#2127 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but this is the first time I have had access to the Internet and this site since the Hurricane and I don't have time to look through all the posts.

How do you get this deal? Does it automatically ring up if you scab your card in store? Is it online only? Cause the prizes are MSRP on the site and there doesn't appear to be anything about this on the PU website. Thanks in advance

You need a coupon that has a unique code on it. They were either emailed or found in the active offers area of your powerup account when you log in. Not everyone was given a coupon.

#2128 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

You need a coupon that has a unique code on it. They were either emailed or found in the active offers area of your powerup account when you log in. Not everyone was given a coupon.

Was there any distinguishable rhyme and reason as to who was given one? Or does it appear to be random. I didn't get one :cry:. I have Power Up Pro

#2129 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

has anyone been able to use the code in there e-mail after using the coupon in there powerup rewards account?

#2130 r00kie

r00kie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Was there any distinguishable rhyme and reason as to who was given one? Or does it appear to be random. I didn't get one :cry:. I have Power Up Pro

I have 2 PUR accounts, one has 600000 liftime points and the other (I recently purchased this account for a b2g1 coupon) has 5000 lifetime points.

The PUR account with the 5k points got the coupon and the one with 600k did not get a coupon.