Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#2131 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Was there any distinguishable rhyme and reason as to who was given one? Or does it appear to be random. I didn't get one :cry:. I have Power Up Pro

It was random and it didn't matter if you were a free or paid member. I didn't get one either but people have had success PM at BB and others have been able to get/trade for a coupon from another CAG member.

#2132 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

gtfo.

has anyone been able to use the code in there e-mail after using the coupon in there powerup rewards account?

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2133 Solomon87

Solomon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

I got my copies of Ratchet and Journey while at work yesterday in the mail, only 4 and a half days from order to delivery, not bad for free ship!!

#2134 mknlb50

mknlb50

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hmm. This makes it easier for me to decide which membership to keep. BestBuy or Gamestop? Looks like I won't be renewing my Power Up.

#2135 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

I went to Gamestop yesterday.

Picked up

R&C
GOW Saga
J & D
I & SotC

Wanted the Infamous collection too, but they didn't have any in stock.

I was stoked to get all these.

I traded in Lego LOTR for Vita (I platinumed it 2 nights ago), and with the bonus, it net 24.50.

I ended up getting all these games for around 30 some bucks. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.
Apparently there was no rhyme or reason with the coupon. Of course, I wouldn't have a PS3 to begin with if it hadn't have been for the awesome coupon they sent out 2 years ago.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#2136 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

My results:

$14.99 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

WHOA, did you really get away with this, lolol?

I traded in Lego LOTR for Vita (I platinumed it 2 nights ago), and with the bonus, it net 24.50.

Wasn't even aware this was out yet.

#2137 Dreamcastguy

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Well congratulations to anyone who got BB to match this deal because I was told that BB never matches competitor coupons.

#2138 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Best Buy can be YMMV for price matching. They can just let it through, or argue with you. I know for price matching the points deals that appear sometimes they've argued with me in the past.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#2139 Airplanespin

Airplanespin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

My coupon showed up last week. I bought Journey, which was the last one in the store, so it was opened. Since the game is installable, I figure I'll just return it and grab another instead.

#2140 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

My coupon showed up last week. I bought Journey, which was the last one in the store, so it was opened. Since the game is installable, I figure I'll just return it and grab another instead.

It doesn't work like that. It installs it to make it quicker, but you need the disc in to play ANY of the games on the disk.

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#2141 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

So how does this coupon thing work? Do free members get it? Luckily my Gamestop opened up after the hurricane. Were even luckier to have a generator and a PS3 to hook up. If this isnt for free member can someone who already owns the collections spare me a coupon? My little brother would love the ratchet and clank collection or the god of war saga

#2142 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

They require the disc still, just to prevent people from doing what your talking about.

#2143 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

STILL NO COUPON !!!!!! Why is everyone else getting this thing ????????????????
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2144 auralia

auralia

yawn.....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I just PMed at BB I got everything but Jak (already have it) and an extra copy of god of war collection as a christmas gift. They brought a manger and I had to show him a copy of one of the email coupons (grabbed off google saved to my photo file on my phone), a saved banner, and the actual web page. All and all it took about 20 minutes or so because of all the price adjustments, but DH will be happy when he gets home!

Of course it could help that I am 30, female, and had a 2 year old child with me. I find I often get things price matched that my husband can't just because I'm a woman. Women wouldn't manipulate video game deals since they don't play games right? lol I play more than DH.
currently playing fallout 3, everquest II (permafrost, Brin, Acashay, ), ACCF, Crono Trigger. Xbox live tag: Aurelia

#2145 Papito208

Papito208

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

The power of boobies

#2146 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I just PMed at BB I got everything but Jak (already have it) and an extra copy of god of war collection as a christmas gift. They brought a manger and I had to show him a copy of one of the email coupons (grabbed off google saved to my photo file on my phone), a saved banner, and the actual web page. All and all it took about 20 minutes or so because of all the price adjustments, but DH will be happy when he gets home!

Of course it could help that I am 30, female, and had a 2 year old child with me. I find I often get things price matched that my husband can't just because I'm a woman. Women wouldn't manipulate video game deals since they don't play games right? lol I play more than DH.

Oddly enough, I find having my kids with me increases my success rate. Though I'm a father and not a mother, I think your combo works for sure

#2147 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I already used the one in my rewards account for GoW and Infamous, this was sent to me via email so first come first served. I don't need it
EBC3037593-P0V15KL1

#2148 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Since you were there anyway, why didn't you trade in Infamous 1 and 2 for Infamous Collection in the same transaction (or if you prefer Best Buy credit, Infamous 1 to BBY and Infamous 2 to Gamestop)? Infamous 2 TIV held at $9 today, Infamous 1 might still be $4, so that's $19.50 after bonus at least.

I'm a collector. I NEVER trade in games. I would buy a redundant collector's edition before I even considered trading in a game I already own.

For reference, I already own all three of the Ratchet and Clank games for the PS2, yet I still purchased the Ratchet and Clank collection. And I'm going to keep all of them. For me, it's not just about always having one playable copy. I like having an original copy, as well as a high-res playable version.

The same is true for the Infamous games. I got those titles brand-new for really good prices. They are the original copies of the games complete with boxes, instruction manuals, and inserts. On top of all that, Infamous is a really good series. I'm never trading those.

#2149 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I already used the one in my rewards account for GoW and Infamous, this was sent to me via email so first come first served. I don't need it

I believe they are the same. I compared the PDF file I download from my PUR account to the email I received later and it was identical.

#2150 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

I am not a PUR member so I decided to try to get a PM with the coupon I bought.

BB: "We will price match if you join our premium game club for 15 then we'll have to verify which games are on sale"

Target: "We don't price match percentage off only exact prices."

So I went to GS and got a PUR card but the card won't activate. This is getting to be more trouble then it's worth.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2151 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I am not a PUR member so I decided to try to get a PM with the coupon I bought.

BB: "We will price match if you join our premium game club for 15 then we'll have to verify which games are on sale"

Target: "We don't price match percentage off only exact prices."

So I went to GS and got a PUR card but the card won't activate. This is getting to be more trouble then it's worth.

The whole "don't match percentages" is a lie. Just do the math... 50% off $40 is $20. There's your exact price.

#2152 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I believe they are the same. I compared the PDF file I download from my PUR account to the email I received later and it was identical.

My bad if anyone tried using it. I had no idea.

I didn't even think to look.

#2153 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Awesome. I need to send in my wife with the kiddies if and when I get denied...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2154 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

The whole "don't match percentages" is a lie. Just do the math... 50% off $40 is $20. There's your exact price.

Math is hard. *dryly* I even showed them that the prices are on the ad on the website.

CS said I have to wait 24 hours for the PUR card to activate. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I can get the games with my free membership.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2155 hiljay

hiljay

Super Aggro CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

STILL NO COUPON !!!!!! Why is everyone else getting this thing ????????????????

i know that feel bro.

3DS FC:  1091 8995 8627

PSN:  neiljoy

XBL:  neiljoy

Steam:  hiljay

have a day. 

#2156 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

So how does price matching this work at best buy? just show them the coupon?

#2157 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

So how does price matching this work at best buy? just show them the coupon?

I just showed them the printout today and they gave me the match. They just manually calculated the 50% and put that amount in the system as the price match. It worked great. My only problem was that they only had two of the items I wanted in stock. I may try another Best Buy soon.

#2158 arbryant1

arbryant1

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I just showed them the printout today and they gave me the match. They just manually calculated the 50% and put that amount in the system as the price match. It worked great. My only problem was that they only had two of the items I wanted in stock. I may try another Best Buy soon.

Did you show them the printout of Gamestop's website that shows the sale or a printout of the coupon?

#2159 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Did you show them the printout of Gamestop's website that shows the sale or a printout of the coupon?

I didn't get a coupon yet. I am still going on the assumption that it is just delayed since more and more people seem to see them trickling in. I just showed them the printout of the website (there is a few posts with the link in this thread). I was afraid they would ask me for the coupon, but they didn't seem to care and were pretty happy to do it. I have had a lot of luck at Best Buy where others haven't so i'm sure it's all very YMMV. The transaction did need a manager's override. I'm not sure if that is because the cashier was new (she definitely was) or if it is always that way. A common tip I see here (that I agree with) is always go to the regular cashier and stay away from the game department people for price matches and coupons.

#2160 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Sorry it is tough to look through 100+ pages. Is the offer still active online? I have the coupon in my PUR active offers. When I go to the website and put the games in cart and try to check out, I put in my PUR number and the code SONY50 and it says code is not valid.

Thanks

Sorry to ask again but haven't seen a confirmation. Is this no longer available online?