Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#2161 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Sorry to ask again but haven't seen a confirmation. Is this no longer available online?

It wouldn't work online for me, but I never got a coupon either. The webpage for the deal says in-store only. This whole ordeal has been so convoluted that I don't know what the true deal was supposed to be. Gamestop really should be ashamed for how they handled this (or still are handling this). Especially since I have seen this deal mentioned as "news" on sites like IGN and Joystiq. It's not like it's only a few people on a few "deal" sites who know about it. Now that it is so public, they should make it open to anyone who is a rewards member - coupon or not.

#2162 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

I wonder if these prices will be avalible on bf at Gamestop ? It would be much better than going through this hasstle
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2163 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

finally got my coupon last night, picked up KZ, UC, Infamous, ICO, & GOW collections all new and sealed. now to wait for the BF deals to begin.
Posted Image

#2164 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Do I need to give them the whole coupon or will just the code do?
Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you.. stranger.

#2165 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

I just PMed at BB I got everything but Jak (already have it) and an extra copy of god of war collection as a christmas gift. They brought a manger and I had to show him a copy of one of the email coupons (grabbed off google saved to my photo file on my phone), a saved banner, and the actual web page. All and all it took about 20 minutes or so because of all the price adjustments, but DH will be happy when he gets home!

Of course it could help that I am 30, female, and had a 2 year old child with me. I find I often get things price matched that my husband can't just because I'm a woman. Women wouldn't manipulate video game deals since they don't play games right? lol I play more than DH.

YASSSSSS!!!!!!! Girlllllll POWAHHHHHH!!!!!! I, just, kinda stand there and look lost!:lol: Lmfao! BB price matched the $112.49 PS3 Display deal for me from Kmart and I took Kmart's back to their store.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2166 arbryant1

arbryant1

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

The Best Buy Price Match Attempt of 2012 was a swing and a miss. Initially, it appeared it was going to be a success. I grabbed copies of Ico/Shadow and the R&C Collection and went to the cashier. Handed her a copy of this page:

http://www.gamestop....n/gamestop-sale

and asked if she could price match. She checked to make sure the two games were on the list and once she confirmed it she scanned in the games and tried to figure out how to take 50% off. Unfortunately, she had to get a manager override.

That's when things began to unravel.

When she returned with the manager, the manager said she was waiting to hear back from her supervisor due to the fact that Gamestop's sale included the coupon. Sure enough, the supervisor said they couldn't do it because Gamestop required their own coupon to get the deal and they couldn't match that.

I doffed my cap and thanked them kindly. One of the ladies asked if it would be OK if they still watched me walk away. "No ma'am," I replied, "That privilege only comes with a price match."

Though this little trip ended in disappointment for me - as well as a cashier and her manager - I like to think they'll have at least learned a little life lesson today.

#2167 Gotenks

Gotenks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I already received my copy of God of War saga from using the Sony50 code. So if anyone wants to use my coupon, they can.

Edit: I sent it to arbryant1.

Edited by Gotenks, 07 November 2012 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

#2168 JzN86

JzN86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'll take the coupon :D

#2169 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

*bangs head on desk* Still no damn coupon.

#2170 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Here is both the banner and the coupon

Spoiler

Thanks for the help and bumping this up.

#2171 Jehryn

Jehryn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Aren't the coupons one time use only? How would that picture work once they scan the bar code?

#2172 willywonka159

willywonka159

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Aren't the coupons one time use only? How would that picture work once they scan the bar code?

It's just to take to BB so they can PM.

#2173 FakeKisser

FakeKisser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

GameStop wouldn't give me 50% off Uncharted. Even though it's on their site, it's not on the coupon. Don't know why there is a discrepancy, but I was bummed. I still picked up God of War, Infamous, and Ico, but they were out of Journey, and I didn't get the deal on Uncharted.

#2174 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

just got my god of war saga from the website. no 30 day plus trial code :(

#2175 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

If my game doesn't arrive with the mention of a 30 day PS+ code on it, I'm going to try and return/rebuy at a GS store!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2176 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

I also had no luck with getting the Uncharted collection with this deal. No biggie for me. I nabbed Journey and Jak.

I also noticed that Journey has a 30 day PS+ trial. I'm already a member, but would this trial stack? Sorry if this has been asked a million times already. Here goes 1,000,001.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#2177 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Took those pictures to BB and they price matched Ratchet n Clank and SotC/Ico

I also got them to use the coupon on an order of Jak n Daxter :D

3 games - $30 bucks (had a $5 coupon)

#2178 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

just got my god of war saga from the website. no 30 day plus trial code :(

It has been known that Gamestop has taken the code out and resealed the game, but the controller bundle still has the code I recently bought it.
what you can do is email SCEA support and provide proof of purchase and they will email you the code.

I also had no luck with getting the Uncharted collection with this deal. No biggie for me. I nabbed Journey and Jak.

I also noticed that Journey has a 30 day PS+ trial. I'm already a member, but would this trial stack? Sorry if this has been asked a million times already. Here goes 1,000,001.

It stacks
Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil

#2179 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Does anyone know if they will start doing this in store without a coupon? Still have not gotten one and it makes me sick.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#2180 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Does anyone know if they will start doing this in store without a coupon? Still have not gotten one and it makes me sick.

I highly suggest trying best buy, just show them the coupon that was posted a page back.

#2181 arbryant1

arbryant1

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I highly suggest trying best buy, just show them the coupon that was posted a page back.

It's worth a shot, but remember it's not fool-proof. I tried this at Best Buy today and got shot down. Here's the reasoning they gave me:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=2174

#2182 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

It has been known that Gamestop has taken the code out and resealed the game, but the controller bundle still has the code I recently bought it.
what you can do is email SCEA support and provide proof of purchase and they will email you the code.

It stacks

Thanks for info, not sure I want to bother but good to know.

#2183 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Took those pictures to BB and they price matched Ratchet n Clank and SotC/Ico

I also got them to use the coupon on an order of Jak n Daxter :D

3 games - $30 bucks (had a $5 coupon)

I'm sure you meant 8 games for $30 :D

#2184 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

how sleazy of them to remove the ps+ code. how can that possibly be legal?

#2185 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

how sleazy of them to remove the ps+ code. how can that possibly be legal?

I guess you missed it when Gamestop opened every PC copy of Dues Ex: Human Revolution, took out the free digital download (OnLive) copy code, resealed the game, and sold it as new. They did this for every pre-order too. Why? Because OnLive was in direct competition with their digital service they just bought, forget the name.

Posted Image
http://www.joystiq.c...pons-from-reta/

Disgusting.

#2186 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

So the ones that do come with the ps plus trial do they say somewhere on the box that it includes it? I'm just asking because I just got my copy of god of war saga in the mail from GameStop and went ahead and opened it and this one also did not have a ps plus code.
So the boxes r exactly the same for both of them and they really did open it and they took it out or did Sony just stop including the voucher code?

#2187 Un4tun8Disaster

Un4tun8Disaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Just got my GOW Saga from the website and I didnt open it but it doesn't say anything about 30 PS+ trial on back. For those who might have purchased it and got a plus code with in it, does it say on back that it's included??

EDIT: Okay, found out on youtube videos that the back is supposed to have the PS+ listed below "Exclusive Bonus Content" but like many others who got theirs from the site. These ones do not.
Posted Image

#2188 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

So the ones that do come with the ps plus trial do they say somewhere on the box that it includes it? I'm just asking because I just got my copy of god of war saga in the mail from GameStop and went ahead and opened it and this one also did not have a ps plus code.
So the boxes r exactly the same for both of them and they really did open it and they took it out or did Sony just stop including the voucher code?

Does yours mention the PS+ trial on the back like the picture in this link? http://www.covergala...-saga-cover.jpg

If not, then Sony stopped including it.

#2189 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Yeah mine doesn't say that on the box so I'm all good. Least I know GameStop didn't open my game so now I don't have to go into a rage. :)

#2190 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Yeah mine doesn't say that on the box so I'm all good. Least I know GameStop didn't open my game so now I don't have to go into a rage. :)

Folks who bought from GS.com might be able to get something out of GS since it still mentions the free trial on the product page.