Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#2221 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

I let my payed membership lapse a couple months ago and haven't renewed it yet. I got a coupon. Got Ratchet and Killzone. Nice.

#2222 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

I need advice on something that's a bit indirectly related to this. I took advantage of the buy 2, get 2 free 1.99 PS2 games to get free shipping with the SOTC/Ico Collection and today when I received the PS2 games, they were all right except for one. Instead of receiving Guitar Hero Rock the 80s, they sent me Cabela Deer Hunt Season 2005.

Could I exchange this in store? If so, what would I need to bring in order for them to let me do the exchange.

#2223 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Yes, just bring the packing slip that comes with it

#2224 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I went back to best buy and went to a cashier instead of customer service. The cashier had to call the cashier manager and they were both helpful and matched the price. I got GOW Saga and I&SotC. I thought about trying for Metal Gear Solid but I didn't want to push my luck.

I was able to get a price match on the two games. All it took was two trips to GS, two trips to BB, one trip to TRU, and one trip to target. So ya, YMMV.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2225 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

thx for the info. guess ill trade in my gow collection and pick up gow saga

FYI..GOW Saga will be $15 at walmart on BF.

#2226 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

thx but i have no intention of going to any retail store on bf =)
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2227 angrynoisefly

angrynoisefly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

i try to avoid wal-mart at all costs!

#2228 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

FYI..GOW Saga will be $15 at walmart on BF.

Looks like the Killzone Trilogy and Ratchet & Clank Collection will also be $15

#2229 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Bummer. I'm a PUR member, but it's not in my account. :cry:
Posted Image

#2230 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Was able to pricematch at best buy and got GOW, infamous, uncharted collection, and killzone trilogy plus I had a coupon for 3x the points! Screw gamestop for not sending me the coupon!

how the hell did you PM when there is no add to show them?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2231 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

So, all copies I bought were brand new shrink wrapped but my God of War Saga was missing the PSN+ voucher. Then my Ratchet & Clank voucher code gives me an error... saying I either entered it wrong or it's invalid.

What the hell....

#2232 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

how the hell did you PM when there is no add to show them?

There was an ad a few days ago. I got Killzone, GoW, Ico, and Journey PM'd.

#2233 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Traded in Borderlands GOTY and Uncharted 1, bought the Uncharted collection (2 is GOTY) and the Ico/SOTC collection for $0.6x after tax.

#2234 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Tried to PM at BBY. Got denied at two stores since the ad says coupon required. I have more credit at BBY so I wanted to get another copy of Ico collection for a friend. I already used my coupon since that was the only game I wanted. But he didn't get a coupon so I'd thought I'd try since I was trading a few games in anyways.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#2235 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

So, all copies I bought were brand new shrink wrapped but my God of War Saga was missing the PSN+ voucher. Then my Ratchet & Clank voucher code gives me an error... saying I either entered it wrong or it's invalid.

What the hell....

The earlier copies of GW2 saga had 30 days PS+ vouchers, the newer copies don't. It should satyon the cover if your copy includes the PS+ voucher.
Posted Image

#2236 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

The earlier copies of GW2 saga had 30 days PS+ vouchers, the newer copies don't. It should satyon the cover if your copy includes the PS+ voucher.

Not true because all the unboxing videos I've seen that included it was the EXACT same boxart as mine. There was even one where a guy read everything on the boxart before opening up the game. Also when I contacted Sony about it they also said it should have came with one and will be emailing me back when I send proof of purchase.

As for the Ratchet and Clank... I guess I have to contact Sony again for this...

#2237 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Just got my GOW Saga from the website and I didnt open it but it doesn't say anything about 30 PS+ trial on back. For those who might have purchased it and got a plus code with in it, does it say on back that it's included??

EDIT: Okay, found out on youtube videos that the back is supposed to have the PS+ listed below "Exclusive Bonus Content" but like many others who got theirs from the site. These ones do not.

Does yours mention the PS+ trial on the back like the picture in this link? http://www.covergala...-saga-cover.jpg

If not, then Sony stopped including it.

Not true because all the unboxing videos I've seen that included it was the EXACT same boxart as mine. There was even one where a guy read everything on the boxart before opening up the game. Also when I contacted Sony about it they also said it should have came with one and will be emailing me back when I send proof of purchase.

As for the Ratchet and Clank... I guess I have to contact Sony again for this...

Check the past few pages you're not the only one who haven't received their PS+ code with GOW Saga
Posted Image

#2238 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Thanks op wouldn't have even known about this if not for your post...picked up now saga for $21.76...
Posted Image

#2239 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hm, nevermind. Seems you don't have to be a powerup rewards pro member. I thought you did. I logged into my expired pro account and was able to print out the coupon fine.

komentra.png

#2240 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

What the hell....

HEAT shrink-wrapped or FOLD shrink-wrapped?

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#2241 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Killzone still hasn't shipped from 11/1.:cry:

#2242 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Someone on here gave me a coupon :). The weekly ad says that this week you get 50% extra credit when trading in towards the hd collections so im stacking that promo with this coupon.
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#2243 StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Still no coupon. This is becoming lame.

#2244 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

It has been known that Gamestop has taken the code out and resealed the game, but the controller bundle still has the code I recently bought it.
what you can do is email SCEA support and provide proof of purchase and they will email you the code.

It stacks

Thanks for the response.

In the past I tried to stack one of their PS+ trial codes, but it didn't work for some odd reason.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#2245 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

My GoW Saga had a 1 mo voucher but my Ico & Shadow didn't. Did I&S stop including them?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2246 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

If I join PUR now, will I likely get a coupon code? Also, the joystiq link confused me. The 50% is off the games in the sale, not a bonus on the games traded in, right? I'd be better off with the $10 bonus from 3 games traded in anyway.

#2247 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

My GoW Saga had a 1 mo voucher but my Ico & Shadow didn't. Did I&S stop including them?

Ico and Shadow never included the plus trial...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#2248 abouldin07

abouldin07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Gone.

Edited by abouldin07, 08 November 2012 - 08:12 PM.
Gone

#2249 Rainbows

Rainbows

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

*sigh* never got it :/
I emailed PUR and they told me only select members got one, and they have no more to give, even though I've had the card since it came out and mine is even a pro card.

I just ended up buying the PS2 version of the games I wanted (Jak 2/3, Ratchet 3, Sly 1/2/3)...oh well.

#2250 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Used 10,000 points to get a $10 off coupon. Gonna get a $10 Collection for the 50% trade in bump.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png