Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#2311 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Can you still get the extra 50% trade in value when buying the Uncharted Dual Pack? I guess I should also ask can you still get the extra 50% trade in value when buying any of the ps3 collections? I've given up on waiting for a coupon, but I have a bunch of games to trade in and I might pay the full $29.99 for either the Uncharted Dual Pack for the Infamous Collection as long as I get the 50% TIV bump. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered recently in the past 115 pages.

Yep. Promotion ends 11/14. As long as you do the trade in and purchase a qualifying title, the trade in bump will automatically happen.

#2312 Ceol_CAG

Ceol_CAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Does the 50% bonus apply to controllers?

You mean the bundles? Nah, it only works on the games by themselves. I tried that and it didn't work (associate was kind enough to scan one to see if it would, no go).

#2313 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Why does anyone shop at gamestop? I remember people arguing that Gamestop would OBVIOUSLY never do anything like sell a used game as new. Then the whole concept of download codes came out and surprise surprise, missing half the fucking time. Fuck gamestop and the sooner they go bankrupt the better.

#2314 StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Why does anyone shop at gamestop? I remember people arguing that Gamestop would OBVIOUSLY never do anything like sell a used game as new. Then the whole concept of download codes came out and surprise surprise, missing half the fucking time. Fuck gamestop and the sooner they go bankrupt the better.

Unfortunately that won't be happening any time soon. Still no coupon here.

#2315 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Most people who arn't hardcore gamers love gamestop. They think it's cheap and has good deals. Plus what a wonderful thing the GS powerup rewards card is. :bs:

kikyou1.png

#2316 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Traded these in:
Crysis 2 6.40
Ratchet and Clank 1.21
God of War Collection 6.40
Total: 14.01

for God of War Saga 21.69.
So 7.68 out of my pocket.

Wasn't exactly pleased because I thought Crysis2 would sell for 10, and my copy of Fallout 3 GOTY was sealed which could've gotten me 15(?) credits. Or else I would've copped Shadow/Ico along with it.

If I go to another GS and print out another coupon to use and return what I purchased today, would I still get the most out of my purchase?

#2317 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yeah I was just pissed when I bought SR3 as "New", then it didn't come with the online co-op code. It is fraud, plain and simple. IMO any game opened/no shrink wrap, is used.

If they were a car dealership, they'd sell "brand new" cars that had their odometer rolled back.

#2318 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Traded these in:
Crysis 2 6.40
Ratchet and Clank 1.21
God of War Collection 6.40
Total: 14.01

for God of War Saga 21.69.
So 7.68 out of my pocket.

Wasn't exactly pleased because I thought Crysis2 would sell for 10, and my copy of Fallout 3 GOTY was sealed which could've gotten me 15(?) credits. Or else I would've copped Shadow/Ico along with it.

If I go to another GS and print out another coupon to use and return what I purchased today, would I still get the most out of my purchase?

GameStop isn't Glyde. You're not going to get more for a game if it's sealed.

Anyway, here's my haul. Ended up spending $13.54 for 11 games. Getting rid of those God of War games saved me so much space in my shelf.

Posted Image

Edited by DRV, 10 November 2012 - 09:44 PM.
I apologize for the bigass image. Don't know how to resize it.

Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#2319 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

^I heard it's really easy to sell games on Glyde.
Like you get a prepaid sticker and package from them when you list the item.
Do you know how much are the extra charges like shipping?

#2320 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

The email says games, so I would guess not. I'll find out, since I've got a DS3 that doesn't work anymore and I want to see if they will give me anything for it.
Posted Image

#2321 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

GameStop isn't Glyde. You're not going to get more for a game if it's sealed.

Anyway, here's my haul. Ended up spending $13.54 for 11 games. Getting rid of those God of War games saved me so much space in my shelf.

Posted Image

I would of kept the origins collections as its download only in GoW Saga
Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil

#2322 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Just want to mention that I started to play Journey about a couple of hours ago and this might be one of the most amazing games I have every played.

#2323 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Crap, should've traded in my individual God of War games and upgraded to the Saga set...shelf space is running out. Oh well, grabbed Jak for 10.69

#2324 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Just want to mention that I started to play Journey about a couple of hours ago and this might be one of the most amazing games I have every played.

Totally agree! I loved every minute if it.

#2325 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Game Of The Year, as far as I'm concerned.

#2326 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

i'm going to start Journey in the next day or two. i keep hearing a lot of great things about it.

#2327 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Totally agree! I loved every minute if it.

Game Of The Year, as far as I'm concerned.

i'm going to start Journey in the next day or two. i keep hearing a lot of great things about it.

Never once played it. Best part is I bought the Art or Journey signed hardcover book without ever touching the game itself.

Now saying that I did buy this collection just a few days ago so one day I'll play it.

#2328 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

I ended up with:
Ratchet and Clank collection
Jack and Daxter collection
Journey
Uncharted 1+2
Infamous collection

Everything was factory sealed except Journey was unsealed and missing the 1 month PS+ card. I don't care because I lucked out so big with nice GS employees.

I almost bought the Killzone trilogy just for Killzone 1, but decided against it. I think they said the TIV for killzone 2 is .50 cents and the TIV for Killzone 3 is $4.50. I'll have to stick with my vanilla copies. The base TIV for Infamous 2 dropped to $7, but I can live with that.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#2329 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

I ended up with:
Ratchet and Clank collection
Jack and Daxter collection
Journey
Uncharted 1+2
Infamous collection

Everything was factory sealed except Journey was unsealed and missing the 1 month PS+ card. I don't care because I lucked out so big with nice GS employees.

I almost bought the Killzone trilogy just for Killzone 1, but decided against it. I think they said the TIV for killzone 2 is .50 cents and the TIV for Killzone 3 is $4.50. I'll have to stick with my vanilla copies. The base TIV for Infamous 2 dropped to $7, but I can live with that.

Just out of curiosity, did you get 50% off the Uncharted Dual Pack? The coupon isn't supposed to allow it.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2330 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Just out of curiosity, did you get 50% off the Uncharted Dual Pack? The coupon isn't supposed to allow it.

I used the coupon on the Uncharted Dual Pack a couple of days ago and it went through just fine (both the 50% off, and the extra 50% for trades). This was a coupon that GS emailed me though so it had the Uncharted Dual Pack pictured on the print-out and specifically listed in the fine print, unlike those original coupons.

Funny because the coupon never actually showed up in my Active Offers at any point, even though I ended up waiting days after getting the email to use it...

#2331 Merhome

Merhome

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Props to anexanhume.

#2332 consoleman

consoleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Picked up Jak & Daxter Collection ($10), Journey CE ($15), Killzone Trilogy ($20) and Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection ($10).

Passed on God of War Saga since the only piece missing to my collection, God of War Origins, is downloadable only. Will wait for the discs to be $10 or less. Also, Saga will be $15 at Walmart on BF if you can get it and I'm hoping Amazon does a price-match.

Passed on Ratchet & Clank Collection hoping it'll drop to $10 like Jak & Daxter is some time soon. They don't call us CAG-ers for nothing. So many of the games I've bought from past sales have dropped even further and I haven't even opened them yet so I'm in no rush. My backlog is crazy. With that frame of mind, I wonder if I should return Killzone Trilogy since I have 2 already and is it worth $20 for parts 1 and 3? $20 used to be my pricepoint for getting games. Now, I have to wait for them to drop even lower than that before buying them.

Looking forward to playing Journey which I never heard of before this sale. Sounds like it should be quite an experience.

Edited by consoleman, 11 November 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#2333 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Then Gamestop should take it down from their website. They are still showing it as part of the sale.
Posted Image

#2334 peregrine879

peregrine879

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

I called customer service about this promo and its limited to select people.

#2335 peregrine879

peregrine879

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

meanwhile i received the email blast but did not get the coupon. Also why would they advertise it on the main webpage.

#2336 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

So, Gamestop is apparently not taking PS2 stuff anymore, which is not unexpected. They also wouldn't take my PS3 controller because the X button sticks. I might open it up and see if I can clean it up.

But, I got decent money for my trade-ins, and got Ico/Colossus collection and Journey collection (opened, but includes PS+ code) and my PS+ renewal for $15 + my $25 gift card from eRewards.
Posted Image

#2337 Demon_Cloud

Demon_Cloud

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Obviously a bunch of people are asking the same thing, but is anyone still nice enough to give out their code? Or at least trade for it? I would very much appreciate it as I intend to make good use of it though I've been a long time power up member
"Ye Shall Be As Gods"

#2338 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

One of the manager's at gamestop was kind enough to give me his code. and i picked up Ratchet and Clank collection.

#2339 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

So, Gamestop is apparently not taking PS2 stuff anymore, which is not unexpected. They also wouldn't take my PS3 controller because the X button sticks. I might open it up and see if I can clean it up.

But, I got decent money for my trade-ins, and got Ico/Colossus collection and Journey collection (opened, but includes PS+ code) and my PS+ renewal for $15 + my $25 gift card from eRewards.

Some GameStops have stopped taking PS2 stuff, but not all
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#2340 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

One of the manager's at gamestop was kind enough to give me his code. and i picked up Ratchet and Clank collection.

Same here. A nice CAG tried to give me his but mis-typed. Cashier wasn't going to use hers so she gave it to me. Picked up ratchet & clank, jak & daxter, god of war saga, infamous, journey and ico & shadow of the colussus collections. All on credit from when I sold my old xbox to upgrade to the halo edition. All came sealed except for journey, and journey still had the ps plus trial and avatar codes inside.