Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

• Please log in to reply
2457 replies to this topic

#2341 Whisnant

Whisnant

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

So only certain people get the coupon code? That seems kind off odd...I am a power up rewards member and I got no code

#2342 peregrine879

peregrine879

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

yes it is only certain people called waited on hold for about 30 minutes just to be told that there is nothing they can do since the promo is only for certain select pur members.

#2343 Whisnant

Whisnant

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Well does anyone not want to use their coupon? I really wanted to buy like four of those games... this sucks.

#2344 peregrine879

peregrine879

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

i KNOW I DID ALSO. I just had surgery and have plenty of time to play some god of war

#2345 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

This thread should have, seriously, been wikified.
Maybe someone can bump this post from time to time:

1.Free OR Paid Power Up Reward Members got this code at RANDOM.

2.GameStop's customer service says they do NOT have anymore codes to give out.

3.HERE IS THE TRADE FORUM FOR THOSE STILL SEEKING THIS: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331377

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2346 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Those of you who have a lot of points......don't forget, you can buy a Sony Collection with a PUR ($)-off coupon and get the 50% trade in bump.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2347 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Those of you who have a lot of points......don't forget, you can buy a Sony Collection with a PUR ($)-off coupon and get the 50% trade in bump.

Also dont forget you can buy 1 and get the 50% bump trade-in and then return the game.

#2348 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Also dont forget you can buy 1 and get the 50% bump trade-in and then return the game.

Lol! I wondered about that. I decided to trade in a collection for $10.xx and re-buy it for $10.

#2349 Prisoner4664

Prisoner4664

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Thanks for the post used my code on the god of war saga it's sad I've never played them lol

#2350 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Lol! I wondered about that. I decided to trade in a collection for $10.xx and re-buy it for $10.

Wait.....what?

#2351 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Wait.....what?

GS didn't send me the coupon(PUR Pro member) that gets 50% off the collections and the 50% extra trade in credit when buying the collection/s.

I wanted the 50% additional trade in credit that buying a Collection would get, so...

I took a Sony Collection that I got a while back, pre-owned, for $12 Best Buy credit and traded it in for $10.xx towards the same Collection because the games I had would net me a decent amount with the 50% extra bump. Most of the games were from the buy 2 get 1 pre-owned sale Best Buy just had.

All of this was with trade in credit and 10,000 PUR points. Juggling this credit around to prepare for the big sales!

#2352 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

So this is good until the 14th? I'm gonna have to start scavenging for a code.

#2353 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hell yeah. I know from personal experience how much that person appreciates it. I never received a code in my account. After today, I've actually had 2 GS employees offer to give me their code. I can't believe the good luck. I will give them the best survey reviews possible.

I ended up with:
Ratchet and Clank collection
Jack and Daxter collection
Journey
Uncharted 1+2
Infamous collection

Everything was factory sealed except Journey was unsealed and missing the 1 month PS+ card. I don't care because I lucked out so big with nice GS employees.

I almost bought the Killzone trilogy just for Killzone 1, but decided against it. I think they said the TIV for killzone 2 is .50 cents and the TIV for Killzone 3 is $4.50. I'll have to stick with my vanilla copies. The base TIV for Infamous 2 dropped to $7, but I can live with that.

Anyone know the TIV for Infamous 1/Uncharted 1/GOW 1 & 2 Collections & any possible bonuses? Now that these collections have been thought of I'd like to upgrade. I wanted to just get origins to avoid the DLC part of it, but it would cost more to try and pick up GOW3 in addition. I know I'm a little bit behind, the backlog gets too big sometimes.

#2354 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

So there are new controller bundles featuring Infamous, god of war and ratchet and clank. Do you think the 50% trade would work toward these? Its the same exact game, just packaged with a controller...

I want to trade in Most wanted and a dual shock 3 for the god of war saga w/red controller.
Posted Image

#2355 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

So there are new controller bundles featuring Infamous, god of war and ratchet and clank. Do you think the 50% trade would work toward these? Its the same exact game, just packaged with a controller...

I want to trade in Most wanted and a dual shock 3 for the god of war saga w/red controller.

No. The only games eligible for the promo are the ones listed on the coupon and those bundles have a different SKU and wont qualify
Posted Image

#2356 Meraxis

Meraxis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

My cousin got a coupon and I didn't and we were gonna try to pick up a copy of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus for both of us. Anyone know if this will work?

#2357 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

My cousin got a coupon and I didn't and we were gonna try to pick up a copy of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus for both of us. Anyone know if this will work?

you can buy many collections at once. but cannot use the coupon more than once.

#2358 Meraxis

Meraxis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

you can buy many collections at once. but cannot use the coupon more than once.

Alright so as long as we buy them in one transaction we should be fine?

#2359 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I traded in ico and shadow of the colussus collection for $12 at best buy and re-bought at gamestop for $10. Wanted to essentially transfer the credit because BB has better BF deals. I got $34 out of god of war 3, god of war collections, infamous 1 and ico/shadow of the colussus.

#2360 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have the basic free account and the coupon. I picked up GoW Saga, I have never played any of them and figured this would be the perfect time to finnaly give them a shot.

I was temped on the Killzone collection, but passed since I have all them already (though having Killzone HD would be nice!)

#2361 rbenns2

rbenns2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I had an account, but it wasn't activated. I activated it, but I got no coupon. I'm such a loser!

#2362 ultimatex

ultimatex

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

i got a coupon in my account for in store only. is there a way to get it for online purchase. my location only has open boxes and i don't wanna risk someone already using the code.

#2363 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

I had an account, but it wasn't activated. I activated it, but I got no coupon. I'm such a loser!

u don't need the coupon to buy in store, u just give the clerk the code... lol.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2364 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

I traded in ico and shadow of the colussus collection for $12 at best buy and re-bought at gamestop for $10. Wanted to essentially transfer the credit because BB has better BF deals. I got $34 out of god of war 3, god of war collections, infamous 1 and ico/shadow of the colussus.

Actually, I think I got $11.20 for the 1 I traded in at GS. Don't think I've noticed you in this thread(well, if you have GS credit):http://www.cheapassg...=322515&page=92

#2365 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Actually, I think I got $11.20 for the 1 I traded in at GS. Don't think I've noticed you in this thread(well, if you have GS credit):http://www.cheapassg...=322515&page=92

I didn't flip (per se). I traded my old copy in at best buy and re-bought at gamestop on credit, effectively transferring my credit to BB, which I prefer for BF. I didn't buy with the sole intention of re-selling. I'm not into flipping.

#2366 AznDragon89

AznDragon89

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

i went to best buy to try to pm this and the manager got mad and said We don't pm promotions, only prices

#2367 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Denied a PM at BBY... Still no coupon for me. I'll just put this deal behind me. Thats a shame.

#2368 jjandt

jjandt

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

No coupon yet PUR pro members being excluded is pathetic

#2369 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

i went to best buy to try to pm this and the manager got mad and said We don't pm promotions, only prices

I went to Best Buy last week, and the clerk refused to price match anything involving a coupon (given that the Gamestop website had all the games listed at full price).

#2370 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

So will the Uncharted dual pack work with coupon?