Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $15, Silent Hill: Downpour $16, & more w/free ship @Neweg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Offers expire 11/05/2012 at 11:59PM PST
All of the following :shipfree:

:pc: Fallout New Vegas $4.99 (Iron Egg eligible)
:360: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $15.99 (Iron Egg eligible)
:ps3: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $15.99
:ps3: Devil May Cry HD Collection $15.99 (Iron Egg eligible)
:ps3: Silent Hill: Downpour $15.99 (Iron Egg eligible)
:360: Silent Hill: Downpour $15.99
:360: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $14.99 (Iron Egg eligible)
:ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $14.99 (Iron Egg eligible)

Newegg is also doing their own Price Match guarantee called Iron Egg. All eligible puchases made between November 1 through December 24 2012 qualify. If the item drops lower an any major retailer websites, let them know and they'll credit your original payment method for the difference. Click here for the details.

Some of these games say they're Iron Egg qualifying on their individual product page, others say it on the Super Black Weekend Featured Deals page. I'm thinking all of these games are authorized, but please contact Newegg after ordering to verify.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been waiting for another sale on silent hill downpour, anyone know which version is better, 360 or ps3?

[quote name='havuk']i've been waiting for another sale on silent hill downpour, anyone know which version is better, 360 or ps3?[/QUOTE]

Well, by default at this moment, the 360 version is probably better because the patch was just released to fix the technical issues, but the patch for the PS3 version is supposed to be released in the coming weeks.

I played the game on PS3 and was able to get through the main story without much issue, though the framerate got ugly sometimes, and there were some spots where the screen would go black, give me a loading screen, and then restored itself, but that issue only happened once or twice.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Devil May Cry needs to hit $9.99 asap! I want to add that game to my backlog, lol.[/QUOTE]

Since it's covered by Newegg's price match program, you can always order it now if you think it'll drop before December 24.

[quote name='htz']This is why competition is good, everyone is price matching except for amazon. :whee:[/QUOTE]This will be the wild west shopping season thankfully I've spent time stacking credit.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Devil May Cry needs to hit $9.99 asap! I want to add that game to my backlog, lol.[/QUOTE]It was $9.99 last Friday during Amazon's first "Black Fridays" live webcast with Gamespot, so it's possible it could drop again.

[quote name='Bosamba']Since it's covered by Newegg's price match program, you can always order it now if you think it'll drop before December 24.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point! I'll have to think this one over. I don't really need it at the moment. I missed that Amazon sale because I was at work...

Me too.

[quote name='superhippy1986']I could spit upon that Ace Combat game...[/QUOTE]

How long did that deal last? Not long I bet.

[quote name='Vigilante']It was $9.99 last Friday during Amazon's first "Black Fridays" live webcast with Gamespot, so it's possible it could drop again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Me too.

How long did that deal last? Not long I bet.[/QUOTE]

No clue but that game sucked. It was like one of those kiddie rides that was a jet... Because the entire game was on rails!!!

I remember the :ps3: Ace Combat was considerably more expensive than the :360: version for a while, so if you are interested, might be a good time to pick it up. But I agree with others, it sucked.

[quote name='TooPoor']I remember the :ps3: Ace Combat was considerably more expensive than the :360: version for a while, so if you are interested, might be a good time to pick it up. But I agree with others, it sucked.[/QUOTE]

Wow that bad? That's too bad, I enjoyed AC6 and was hoping the new one would be just as fun.

[quote name='Moradeth']Wow that bad? That's too bad, I enjoyed 6 a lot.[/QUOTE]
It's of course subjective. To me, I had very high hopes for it, I wanted it to be a perfect blend of action and simulation. I was quoting others about the literal "sucked", I would personally say "didn't enjoy it as I thought I would".

Read the fine print:

Exclusions: The price matching Iron Egg℠ Guarantee does not apply to:
  • 1. Items not displaying the Iron Egg℠ Guarantee icon at the time of your purchase.
  • 2. Items you purchased on Newegg-affiliated websites other than www.newegg.com.
  • 3. A Competitor's item offered (a) for free or with rebate or coupon or promotional gift card/promotional credit, (b) as part of a bundled offer or financing offer, (c) as a clearance/closeout sale, or (d) for sale for less than 6 hours in a day.
  • 4. A Competitor's item which is out of stock/not available for immediate shipment or which is offered in limited quantities.
  • 5. A Competitor's item that is advertised below Newegg's actual cost.
  • 6. A Competitor's item which is offered as open box or refurbished.
  • 7. Add-on services such as extended warranty or installation.
  • 8. Any item offered by Newegg or a Competitor which is subject to MAP pricing.
  • 9. A Competitor's advertised Price which is the result of a typographical error.
So, this won't work on lightning deals at Amazon. Also won't work for clearance items or items that have "clearance" prices (i.e. below Newegg's actual cost).

I wouldn't use this for really cheap game price matching or stuff that is only going to be live for a little while given quantities, low prices, etc.

What I would use it for is recently released games at discounted prices. For example, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, etc. Those deals tend to last all day, are not quantity limited, and have margin for the retailer. Also wouldn't use for consoles as those deals are usually sweetened by bundled items and/or promotional credits.

[quote name='TooPoor']It's of course subjective. To me, I had very high hopes for it, I wanted it to be a perfect blend of action and simulation. I was quoting others about the literal "sucked", I would personally say "didn't enjoy it as I thought I would".[/QUOTE]

I will forever stick with Ace Combat 4 & 5... WHY YOU DIE CHOPPER?!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back