Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy AD 11/4-11/10 (100% Trade In Bonus, B2G1 Pre-Owned, MOH: Warfighter $49.99)

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

I looked up the offer and checked the SKU on BB.com. They match. So I don't see why this wouldn't work.

ah thanks man makes me feel better about trying it out

#62 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Im still debating if I want to trade in Darksiders 2 now and cut the cost of Halo 4 in half just to be able to get it on launch. I havent even opened Darksiders 2 yet, BAH!!! I really dont even know when id actually play Halo 4, hate being tempted!

#63 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Im still debating if I want to trade in Darksiders 2 now and cut the cost of Halo 4 in half just to be able to get it on launch. I havent even opened Darksiders 2 yet, BAH!!! I really dont even know when id actually play Halo 4, hate being tempted!

I feel your pain I'm thinking about trading in Soul Cal V and Syndicate (got them from gamefly, haven't even checked to see if the cd is in them) tomorrow just to help with halo 4 cost . I would wait but I wanted that 20$ certificate.

#64 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

Thats literally the only thing tempting me, thing is I dont even know what id use it on. I mean sure I could find something, but on my list of planned purchases after Hitman im basically done for the year. I always fall for the Halo hype. Heck my wife wants to play through it with me and she told me "Well perfect! I havent finished 3 so we can play 3 together and by the time were done 4 will be on sale and we can get i then!". Im like darn you for making sense and being all logical and stuff! I keep telling myself itd honestly be a impulse purchase, and just be a shelf piece till probably a couple months later when I may actually get to it. LAME! I suck at making gaming decisions cause when I want I want!

#65 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

"Save $20 and get 800 Microsoft Points When You Purchase Halo 4 and the Limited Edition 12+1 Month Halo 4 Xbox Live Gold Membership"

How is this going to work when they no longer sell physical 800 MSP cards? will they just give me a code on the receipt for the points?

#66 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

"Save $20 and get 800 Microsoft Points When You Purchase Halo 4 and the Limited Edition 12+1 Month Halo 4 Xbox Live Gold Membership"

How is this going to work when they no longer sell physical 800 MSP cards? will they just give me a code on the receipt for the points?

This doesn't sound like a good deal. Gold memberships have traditionally gone on sale every black friday at an average of 50% off. Pre-order your Halo 4 now to get a $20 cert and wait till black friday for gold.

#67 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

The ad also states that the Collectors Edition Strategy Guide is 50% off with the purchase of Halo 4.
Definately going to take advantage of that. I'm guessing I can pick it up in store, and have them ring it up when I pick up my preorder. That should count as being on the same receipt, correct?
It better work....I'll pitch a huge fit if I'm there to pick up both the Halo 4 console and $100 Limited Edition of the game, and I can't get the guide half off.

#68 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I just looked at the ad agian and it says in the fine print "800 bonus points delivered via digital code. Offer valid through 11/17/12." So It probably will print on your receipt.

The ad also states that the Collectors Edition Strategy Guide is 50% off with the purchase of Halo 4.
Definately going to take advantage of that. I'm guessing I can pick it up in store, and have them ring it up when I pick up my preorder. That should count as being on the same receipt, correct?
It better work....I'll pitch a huge fit if I'm there to pick up both the Halo 4 console and $100 Limited Edition of the game, and I can't get the guide half off.

Added that to the OP.

#69 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Loving the b2g1 deal. Just wish bby had better prices for their games. Hard to find games to flip to gamestop and eventually flip the credit back to bestbuy! Hehe

#70 nccows

nccows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

GOSHDARNIT PUT XCOM ON SALE!!!!!!! I have a $25 Best Buy Reward Zone certificate, so I went to Best Buy the other day to pick up XCOM for $35, and while their computer said they had 2, noone in the store could find any; they even went in the back. I'm hoping that if it goes on sale, they will have to send more to the store, so I'll be able to pick it up. I don't even care about a price cut.

I would just order it online, but these stupid Reward Zone cards don't work online, and if they order it into the store for me exclusively, I won't be able to use my card. GRRRRRRRRRR.

#71 sundrop

sundrop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

What was/is the last day to order halo4 for the $20 RZ?

If I order it tomorrow. Will I qualify?

*Im thinking.

Preorder+ Halo4 12+1 claiming reward zone promotion for 800 points PLUS the 800 points in the 8/4 add. I checked BBY and the SKU matches the promotion.

#72 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

GOSHDARNIT PUT XCOM ON SALE!!!!!!! I have a $25 Best Buy Reward Zone certificate, so I went to Best Buy the other day to pick up XCOM for $35, and while their computer said they had 2, noone in the store could find any; they even went in the back. I'm hoping that if it goes on sale, they will have to send more to the store, so I'll be able to pick it up. I don't even care about a price cut.

I would just order it online, but these stupid Reward Zone cards don't work online, and if they order it into the store for me exclusively, I won't be able to use my card. GRRRRRRRRRR.

XCOM has been on sale. And you can use RZ certs online.

#73 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

XCOM has been on sale. And you can use RZ certs online.

i agree with you, this is the first time i am hearing that rz certs do not work online, lol

#74 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah I have had no problem with RZ certs online.

#75 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

This is my best case scenario:
$60 for Halo 4
$60 for XBL
=$120 - $20 (package savings) = $100. Use AMEX card offer and you're paying $50+tax for $20 RZ cert + 800 MSP +13month XBL + Halo 4.

#76 postnet92

postnet92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Time to trade-in MOH:W before it drops.

not a bad idea 42.00 for it if u have gamer unlocked

#77 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

I have Halo 4 in-store pickup. I wonder how that's going to work with the 12+1 gold deal and the 800 msp rz offer. I'd love to get Halo 4 with the 1000 rz points, 13 months of Live, and 1600 msp for $100.

#78 mastersworddude

mastersworddude

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

So, when I check the trade in value of the game on the BB website, is the price shown after the 100% bonus?

Like say a game has 6$ trade in value on the website, so does that mean it will be 12$ with trade in bonus, or is it just 3$ with the bonus making to 6$

#79 zyk

zyk

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

So, when I check the trade in value of the game on the BB website, is the price shown after the 100% bonus?

Like say a game has 6$ trade in value on the website, so does that mean it will be 12$ with trade in bonus, or is it just 3$ with the bonus making to 6$

yea you'll get $12 for a $6 value

#80 mastersworddude

mastersworddude

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

yea you'll get $12 for a $6 value

Thanks.

#81 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

This doesn't sound like a good deal. Gold memberships have traditionally gone on sale every black friday at an average of 50% off. Pre-order your Halo 4 now to get a $20 cert and wait till black friday for gold.

I don't see how this voids the $20 certificate. I'm just taking advantage of this deal in addition.

#82 mastersworddude

mastersworddude

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Alright so it would be

Pokemon Ranger SOA=4$+Bonus=8$

Lego Indiana Jones 1 Wii=4$+Bonus=8$

Wario Land Shake It=4$+Bonus=8$

Super Smash Bros Brawl=7$+Bonus=14$

8$+8$+8$+14$=38$
Right?

Nice. Enough for Pokemon White 2.
I never played any of these games anymore. (Except for Brawl, but my Wii can't read it anymore, so I have my games backed up on an external hardrive and play them with Wii hack.)

#83 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I have Halo 4 in-store pickup. I wonder how that's going to work with the 12+1 gold deal and the 800 msp rz offer. I'd love to get Halo 4 with the 1000 rz points, 13 months of Live, and 1600 msp for $100.

You can preorder the 12+1 card. If you are gonna preorder online for instore pickup, then Id preorder the 12+1 and PM when you pick up. Stuff like the 15% off guides cant be done when you pickup cause its not on the same ticket/order. Atleast this is what Ill be doing just to be sure.

#84 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Halo 4, AC3, NFS: MW...My head is exploding with gaming goodness!

#85 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

Halo 4, AC3, NFS: MW...My head is exploding with gaming goodness!

I hate NFS: MW. Steering sucks, and there's no sense of speed. There is a cutscene every time you crash which makes races and cop chases really slow.

#86 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I hate NFS: MW. Steering sucks, and there's no sense of speed. There is a cutscene every time you crash which makes races and cop chases really slow.

I haven't played it yet, but I picked it up in my B2G1 at Target. I'm not a big fan of racing games, the only ones I've really enjoyed in the past several years have been Split Second and NFS Hot Pursuit. It got really good reviews, but I've also heard mixed reviews from other people.
<p>194619.pngRecently finished: Battlefield 4, GTA5, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Last of Us, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel

#87 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

I haven't played it yet, but I picked it up in my B2G1 at Target. I'm not a big fan of racing games, the only ones I've really enjoyed in the past several years have been Split Second and NFS Hot Pursuit. It got really good reviews, but I've also heard mixed reviews from other people.

I PM'd the B2G1 from Target to BB, and got it as my free game, but it's really disappointing. I loved the first one, but they changed everything. There isn't even a story at all and the driving sucks...

#88 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I love NFS:MW - huge fan of the Burnout series. I just finished it tonight (well, beating all ten MW cars) after 11-12 hours. For a story, you may want to go with NFS: The Run, but in general, I haven't come across many arcade racing games that have a story component (I'm not into sim racing games). None of the Burnout games did (this is similar to Burnout Paradise) and I can't recall a NFS game with a story other than The Run. The game has to 're-set' in a way after you crash, but I wouldn't call that a cutscene. I'm not sure what you expected - I don't think there is a game in which you crash and - with no delay - continue to race/play.

#89 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Glad to see the 100% bonus is going again, might trade in a 2nd copy of Halo 4.

#90 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

I love NFS:MW - huge fan of the Burnout series. I just finished it tonight (well, beating all ten MW cars) after 11-12 hours. For a story, you may want to go with NFS: The Run, but in general, I haven't come across many arcade racing games that have a story component (I'm not into sim racing games). None of the Burnout games did (this is similar to Burnout Paradise) and I can't recall a NFS game with a story other than The Run. The game has to 're-set' in a way after you crash, but I wouldn't call that a cutscene. I'm not sure what you expected - I don't think there is a game in which you crash and - with no delay - continue to race/play.

Story in a racing game = Womp WOOOOOMP. Personally, I could care less about a story. Sounds like I'll enjoy it though.
<p>194619.pngRecently finished: Battlefield 4, GTA5, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Last of Us, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel