Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#271 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

FYI, for those attempting to rent this game from Redbox to get the Operation Completion achievement for the Best Buy offer.. You need the second disc to install the Multiplayer content, so you cannot play Spartan Ops mode while renting from redbox because you only get disc one.

this is wrong. you can install that stuff from the 2nd disc OR you can download it. I rented the game and got the achievement as well as playing a bunch of other multiplayer.

#272 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Will a $100 Best Buy GC work?

#273 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

I bought two $50 Amazon Kindle gift cards and got the email from AMEX that it went through. Applied them to my account and can use them for just about anything that Amazon sells (not just Kindle related items).

#274 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

I already got the $50 off $100 confirmation email. But I haven't got the $10 credit for enrolling. Anyone else has the same experience?

#275 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Spartan Ops can be played single player, why would you need Xbox gold to do it?

#276 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Spartan Ops can be played single player, why would you need Xbox gold to do it?

It's still multiplayer as far as the Xbox is concerned. You just don't have anyone else in your party. That way they can charge you for gold.
Posted Image

#277 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

It's still multiplayer as far as the Xbox is concerned. You just don't have anyone else in your party. That way they can charge you for gold.

Ah. I wouldn't have guessed that since I used the 2 week code before trying it. I suppose that means it can be clarified to be 'you need xbox live gameplay to play online', and not gold. You DO need gold for the 'upload a file to your file share' achievement, though, as irrelevant as that is...

#278 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Stupid question but this will work on Black Friday correct?

#279 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Bought $100 in Amazon cards at Best Buy and already got my email back from Amex saying I qualified for the $50 back.

So $35 already and another $50 from this? Really a crazy good deal, I have to do this ASAP.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#280 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Barely got time to do the campaign playthru on Sunday. And did Spartan Ops yesterday.

Bit of a longshot but hoping to get qualified for the Bestbuy promo by this Sunday. It would line up perfectly with the cash I'm gonna drop on the WiiU:pray:

I bought two $50 Amazon Kindle gift cards and got the email from AMEX that it went through. Applied them to my account and can use them for just about anything that Amazon sells (not just Kindle related items).

Just to clarify, you got the email that you qualified for the "spend 100 get 50 credit" before you went out to buy the gift cards right?

#281 grifta67

grifta67

:: kermit flail ::

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I already got the $50 off $100 confirmation email. But I haven't got the $10 credit for enrolling. Anyone else has the same experience?

After syncing your card, did you remember to go to the Xbox Dashboard and click the button that redeems that $10 credit for syncing? The $10 one doesn't happen automatically.

Edited by grifta67, 14 November 2012 - 08:32 AM.
goofed up the quote

#282 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Just to clarify, you got the email that you qualified for the "spend 100 get 50 credit" before you went out to buy the gift cards right?

Yep I got that email the night before along with everyone else in this thread.

#283 Dynamic3

Dynamic3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

No. You need to finish a mission, then get the email. If you do it beforehand it will not count. The email can take a few days.

Ahh I completed the mission but did not wait for the email before I bought my Vita. My fault for not reading the terms.

#284 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

After syncing your card, did you remember to go to the Xbox Dashboard and click the button that redeems that $10 credit for syncing? The $10 one doesn't happen automatically.

I probably forgot that. Is there anyway to fix it?

#285 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have the offers loaded but forgot where to go to load more offers.
Posted Image

#286 McCarron

McCarron

Game Deal Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

On Saturday I got the confirmation email from AMEX for the Best Buy deal, later that day bought $150 in iTunes cards for $110 ($10 gift card and 20% off Reward Zone offer) and this morning I got my $50 back (shows from Best Buy actually not AMEX).

So in the end I got $150 iTunes credit for $60.

Only credit of this deal I haven't gotten yet is the Wake Up John offer for beating the game, need to look into what I may have missed about that one.

#287 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Is this still going? I didn't see the tile on the dash.

#288 McCarron

McCarron

Game Deal Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Is this still going? I didn't see the tile on the dash.

I last found it via a Halo 4 sub-section which still had the ad.

#289 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

I never said spend $100 right now -- the person I was responding to asked if it had to be a single purchase or if multiple purchases were ok

You need to wait for the confirmation email saying that the offer is activated and after that you need to have a single $100.00+ charge on the card to get the $50 credit (you can't make multiple purchases that add up to $100)

If you dont have anything to buy for $100+ then just grab a $100 gift card and use it whenever you like

After getting the in-game achievements, do we need to go back to the dashboard offer to claim them manually like the $10 credit promo? Or is the email notification from AMEX automatic?

#290 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

On Saturday I got the confirmation email from AMEX for the Best Buy deal, later that day bought $150 in iTunes cards for $110 ($10 gift card and 20% off Reward Zone offer) and this morning I got my $50 back (shows from Best Buy actually not AMEX).

So in the end I got $150 iTunes credit for $60.

Only credit of this deal I haven't gotten yet is the Wake Up John offer for beating the game, need to look into what I may have missed about that one.

In the past Amex Sync promos used to post it as a regular credit, but this year they started using the retailer's name on the credit (if you click the + sign for credit details, it'll show the Amex promo name somewhere in there)

This way you know which retailer you got the promo for and most importantly they don't have to pay full cash back on your purchase

Before: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 general Amex credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $100
Now: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 "XYZ" credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $50

#291 McCarron

McCarron

Game Deal Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

After getting the in-game achievements, do we need to go back to the dashboard offer to claim them manually like the $10 credit promo? Or is the email notification from AMEX automatic?

Email came automatically in maybe 3 days? They say it could take up to 7.

In the past Amex Sync promos used to post it as a regular credit, but this year they started using the retailer's name on the credit (if you click the + sign for credit details, it'll show the Amex promo name somewhere in there)

This way you know which retailer you got the promo for and most importantly they don't have to pay full cash back on your purchase

Before: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 general Amex credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $100
Now: $100 XYZ purchase, $50 "XYZ" credit, you pay $50 & get reward pts on $50

That's smart on their part. I wonder if the Best Buy Reward Zone counts it as the full price too, I should watch my pending points.

#292 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think you just wait it out until Amex's system checks your XBL gamertag for the achievement so it may take a few days

#293 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Thanks guys!

#294 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

That's smart on their part. I wonder if the Best Buy Reward Zone counts it as the full price too, I should watch my pending points.

Promo is from Amex so BB wont know about it (Amex just looks for a $100+ BB charge in your card activity and gives you the credit) -- you'll get the full RZ points

#295 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Silver members should finish off the spartan ops achievement asap. The 3x points offer expires this Sunday. I'm hoping to use my triple points coupon on a $100 gift card purchase in time to earn an extra $5 RZ certificate.

#296 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Silver members should finish off the spartan ops achievement asap. The 3x points offer expires this Sunday. I'm hoping to use my triple points coupon on a $100 gift card purchase in time to earn an extra $5 RZ certificate.

Sorry for my ignorance, what's the triple points offer?

#297 grifta67

grifta67

:: kermit flail ::

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I probably forgot that. Is there anyway to fix it?

Yea, I don't think there's any time limit on actually redeeming the $10 one. McCarron suggested looking in the Halo 4 dashboard menus: "I last found it via a Halo 4 sub-section which still had the ad."

#298 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, what's the triple points offer?

Best Buy Silver RZ members should have received a coupon in the mail to earn triple reward zone points on in-store purchases.

#299 lilman

lilman

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Got my confirmation emails for $25 and $50/100 yesterday. Today I spent $200 at BB, and AmEx immediately emailed me:

Thank you for using your American Express Card at Best Buy. If your purchase qualifies for a $50.00 statement credit, the statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks.

More efficient than I expected. Looking forward to 10 + 25 + 50 = $85 credit in January.

#300 brafo96874

brafo96874

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

In order to find the AmeXbox tile on your Xbox 360 to "load" the offers, go to the Games section of you Xbox 360. You need to actually "go" into the Games section, not just scroll over to it. I believe you select More Games on the left. Once you are "in" the Games section, you should see the tile for the AmeXbox promotion.

This is how I get to it each time to load more offers after syncing.