Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#331 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

I made my $100 BB purchase today and got the confirmation email for the $50 credit immediately after. Smooth Sailing so far. Just gotta sit down and beat the game for the last $25.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#332 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

I cannot imagine the offers will all me this good (I am sure this is the big hook they are using to get people signed up) but if they keep this up I will definitely buy some games early if they offer a RZ cert AND AMEX is offering something. Definitely a great promo.

#333 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Got my $25 email for beating the game!

Woohoo! Same here!
Also got the "BB" email for Spartan Ops.

Now I just need BB to come thru with my WiiU preorder on Sunday and I'll be golden.

If you're tracking times, completed the campaign on Sunday, Spartan Ops on Monday. Both emails hit Friday. So 4-5 days

EDIT: should also say Thanks to the OP for posting.
Was gonna pass on Halo4, but picked it up solely for this promo.
Now to see when I'll trade the game in

Edited by rbarba4, 16 November 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#334 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just got my Spartan Ops achievement unlocked email offer 20 minutes ago for the $50 Best Buy credit purchase. I got my in-game achievement last Tuesday.

Halo 4eva

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#335 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Same here, got the $50 Best Buy offer through email but haven't gotten an email for beating the game. I'm not sweating it though, I'm sure it will come soon.

I actually got the email last night saying that I should see my $25 credit soon, so I bet you will get yours soon as well!

UPDATE:

I saw that you posted later that you got yours too, awesome!

#336 byau

byau

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

So if you didn't sync your card until after getting the achievements, you don't get the bonuses?

I'm wondering this as well. I beat the game a few days ago but haven't syned an amex account. Wanted to know whether it would even work at this point? I want to get the $25 credit!

#337 deckerro

deckerro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Anyone know if you can buy a $100 amazon GC at bestbuy.com? I couldn't find one.

#338 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

I sycned right as the OP posted this but never went into the app to load the $10 offer to my card. Did that earlier this week and just received the $10 credit to my account, thank you CAGs.

#339 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Anyone know if you can buy a $100 amazon GC at bestbuy.com? I couldn't find one.

You'll have to go to a local store and look for "Amazon Kindle" gift cards (they're like regular Amazon gift cards even though they say Kindle)

#340 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

You'll have to go to a local store and look for "Amazon Kindle" gift cards (they're like regular Amazon gift cards even though they say Kindle)

Good to know, will do this soon since I got the offer email.

#341 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Amex Small Biz Saturday signup is up (free $25 credit at small business next Sat)

www.shopsmall.com

https://enroll.amexn.../US/en/SBS2012/

#342 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

I got the Operation Completion achievement last week. Do I have to activate the Best Buy offer somehow or just go spend at least $100?

#343 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

I got the Operation Completion achievement last week. Do I have to activate the Best Buy offer somehow or just go spend at least $100?

Wait for promo activation email then spend

#344 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Wait for promo activation email then spend

Has anyone received this? What does it look like?

Is it this?

Congratulations! You've unlocked an offer in Halo 4: Spend $100, Get $50 Back!
at Best Buy.

See offer details and terms at
http://amexbox.com/OfferTerms

To unlock additional exclusive content, offers and more, go to the
Browse Games tile in the Games section of the Xbox 360 dashboard
and click on the American Express digital experience tile.

See Program Terms at
https://sync.america...m/Partner/Terms

Nothing to click on, so it's ready?

#345 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Has anyone received this? What does it look like?

Is it this?

Nothing to click on, so it's ready?

As long as you got the email then the promo is activated for your card

#346 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

That's great. Thanks. Looking to spend $100+ on Wii U stuff.

#347 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Damn, I still don't have my email and I swear I finished it the thursday after halo 4 came out. I couldve used it today too on the wiiu.

I already got the $10 sync credit, which means I must have synched it to my xbox correctly.

Is there anyway to re-find the amex promo on the xbox dashboard?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#348 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Amex Small Biz Saturday signup is up (free $25 credit at small business next Sat)

www.shopsmall.com

This is a great deal for anyone who loves to order food. I plan on buying $25 worth of sushi from my local restaurant. They get their $25, I get my $25 back from AMEX, and everyone is happy.

#349 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

The $25 posted to my account.

#350 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

www.shopsmall.com

Thank you for posting. I registered all 5 of my American Express cards. It'll be a fun Saturday.

#351 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Has anyone that linked their blue bird card with the xbox offers had the $10 and $25 posted yet?

I know my card syncd properly. I completed the achievements required for the $25, the $50 back if i spend $100 at best buy, and the $10 offer, received emails about all of them, even ones confirming i have unlocked them after completing the achievements, but I have yet to see the money credited to my account. Do I need to spend the money required before they give me the credit, or is it just going to take up to the 8 weeks that the emails state.

#352 io

io

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

As long as you got the email then the promo is activated for your card

Yep, can verify that this works (in that I didn't activate anything - just waited for the initial email). I spent (way) over $100 at Best Buy Sunday and when I got home I already had a "Thank You" email from AMEX that says:

Thank you for using your American Express Card at Best Buy. If
your purchase qualifies for a $50.00 statement credit, the
statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks.

#353 io

io

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

SO my questions is this... I bought something yesterday at Best Buy but it was $60 cheaper with the Black Friday preview sale today. So I just bought it again online (using AMEX again). If I return the first one but keep the second, will they negate my $50 AMEX/Halo 4 reward, or will they count it for the second purchase? I have a feeling no one, even at AMEX, would be able to answer that question.

I also used $90 in RZ certs for my other purchase. I know those get returned to the account but I am taking a little bit of a risk on messing those up plus losing out on the $50 from AMEX...

#354 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

SO my questions is this... I bought something yesterday at Best Buy but it was $60 cheaper with the Black Friday preview sale today. So I just bought it again online (using AMEX again). If I return the first one but keep the second, will they negate my $50 AMEX/Halo 4 reward, or will they count it for the second purchase? I have a feeling no one, even at AMEX, would be able to answer that question.

I also used $90 in RZ certs for my other purchase. I know those get returned to the account but I am taking a little bit of a risk on messing those up plus losing out on the $50 from AMEX...

Should've just bought a $100 gift card to make things easier

See what happens to your $50 credit a few days after you return the first, you may have to contact them: https://sync.america...CustomerService

#355 RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

www.shopsmall.com

Thanks for posting this!

#356 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Is there anyway to re-find the amex promo on the xbox dashboard?

I'm seeing it in the same spot: "GAMES" screen -> click "Browse Games" and it should be the bottom right tile

#357 io

io

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Should've just bought a $100 gift card to make things easier

See what happens to your $50 credit a few days after you return the first, you may have to contact them: https://sync.america...CustomerService

Yeah, yeah, but I really had no idea that the Best Buy Silver preview sale would have $60 off an iPad so I thought my purchase yesterday would be final. I could have looked in advance but I just assumed Apple never let them put stuff like that on sale. And I was suprised I was able to order one (figured it would have been sold out or the site would have stayed messed up as it was for an hour). So even if I had seen it I probably would have picked one up yesterday anyway to use the 3x RZ coupon and make sure I had it in hand for my son's birthday next week.

Anyway, I just contacted them so we'll see what they say, if they can even understand what I'm trying to ask ;). Even if, for some reason, I lose out on the $50, I saved $60 from the sale so it was a slightly better deal. Only problem is I used $95 in RZ certs on the purchase yesterday which I know will go back on my account but I don't have any more big purchases to make there any time soon.

#358 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

I'm seeing it in the same spot: "GAMES" screen -> click "Browse Games" and it should be the bottom right tile

I just see a generic group of avatars there.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#359 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

woo! just got my $25 credit email in addition to the $50/$100 voucher I got a few days ago :)

#360 Bronson-Lee

Bronson-Lee

VitaTag:GoForBroke94

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Yeah, yeah, but I really had no idea that the Best Buy Silver preview sale would have $60 off an iPad so I thought my purchase yesterday would be final. I could have looked in advance but I just assumed Apple never let them put stuff like that on sale. And I was suprised I was able to order one (figured it would have been sold out or the site would have stayed messed up as it was for an hour). So even if I had seen it I probably would have picked one up yesterday anyway to use the 3x RZ coupon and make sure I had it in hand for my son's birthday next week.

Anyway, I just contacted them so we'll see what they say, if they can even understand what I'm trying to ask ;). Even if, for some reason, I lose out on the $50, I saved $60 from the sale so it was a slightly better deal. Only problem is I used $95 in RZ certs on the purchase yesterday which I know will go back on my account but I don't have any more big purchases to make there any time soon.

If it makes you feel any better, I contacted AMEX on Twitter and ended up explaining it in the secure message center my issue: bought egift, told it wouldn't count by AMEX, returned it and bought physical one, but credit is on egift. I was told that if the credit is returned, to contact that particular CSR by email and she can force the credit back. YMMV, naturally, but there's hope...