Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#391 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Anyone still see the AmEx tile on the 360 dashboard? I wanted to check for more offers (AMC movie) that I could add to my already synced card.
Posted Image

#392 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Anyone still see the AmEx tile on the 360 dashboard? I wanted to check for more offers (AMC movie) that I could add to my already synced card.

I barely synced my card yesterday and was able to find all the amex stuff by going to the games tab and then pressing on "browse games". An advertisement should show up on the lower right hand corner. It still shows for me there today.

#393 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I checked my account and the $10 credit was applied. Now I need to get those Halo achievements.

Also I have an offer on Facebook for spending $200 or more at Best Buy and get $20 back.
I wonder if I can just wait until I get that spartan ops achievement and followup email from American Express saying I can get $50 back for spending $100 at Best Buy if spending $200 will satisfy BOTH offers

#394 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Used the $100 gift card I got to get the $50 back on the Playstation 3D display. Very happy.

#395 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I checked my account and the $10 credit was applied. Now I need to get those Halo achievements.

Also I have an offer on Facebook for spending $200 or more at Best Buy and get $20 back.
I wonder if I can just wait until I get that spartan ops achievement and followup email from American Express saying I can get $50 back for spending $100 at Best Buy if spending $200 will satisfy BOTH offers

Few people on other forums (SD/FW) have reported that both offers stack so after you activate both, you can make a single $200+ purchase and get both $50 & $20 credits

I plan on doing the achievement today/tomorrow -- after I get the promo email I plan on grabbing Amazon Kindle gift cards if BB's in IL carry them, if not then I'll just get a $200 BB GC

#396 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

The $25 and $50 posted (the $50 only 6 days after my BB purchase). Still waiting on the $10.

#397 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Well everything and more posted to my account. I spent $200 ($100 GC $100 Kindle) to qualify for the Facebook sync. I got the $50 from Halo and $20 from the Facebook sync for spending $200. Add to that the $10 and $25 for Halo and some random $10 credit which was most likely a duplicate and I got $115 total in credit for spending the $200 and playing the game. May be the best deal of the year.

Buy Halo 4 $52.42 (so far), get $20 RZ cert + $23 for DLC sale + $42 to trade it back = -$32.58.

So in the end I paid $52.42 for a $200 credit at BBY. Not bad at all.

#398 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Don't forget the Small business sync for $25 is TOMORROW!!! (Actually today SAT) Free $25.

#399 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Picked up a Kindle Fire HD at Best Buy today, got an email a couple hours later from AMEX thanking me for my purchase, and telling me to expect my $50 credit in about 8 weeks. :bouncy:

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#400 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

crap spent 140$ yesterday, and no email !!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#401 io

io

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

So, yeah, my rebates are a mess now...

I bought an iPad in store last Sunday. It appears I got the $50 credit on Tuesday. It is strange because it comes from the Best Buy store I bought the iPad at and not from AMEX or the promo.

But then on Monday Best Buy had iPads $60 off so I rebought it online. I then returned the first one on Wednesday. On Thursday it looks like I got the $20 credit for $200 spent (from that other promo - even though I signed up for it just after my purchase). But then on Friday, I have a $50 charge from the Best Buy store I bought my iPad at (and I most certainly did not go in there and buy anything that day). So it looks like they took the $50 back almost immediately after my return and, as I suspected, my second purchase did not trigger the promo. So it looks like I'll have to contact them about that.

It is odd that the $50 and $20 back show as being from the stores, though. My $10 credit was from "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK". And by the way, if you haven't gotten that within a few days I would make sure you accepted that offer on the dashboard - it isn't automatic from signing up.

#402 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

So, yeah, my rebates are a mess now...

I bought an iPad in store last Sunday. It appears I got the $50 credit on Tuesday. It is strange because it comes from the Best Buy store I bought the iPad at and not from AMEX or the promo.

But then on Monday Best Buy had iPads $60 off so I rebought it online. I then returned the first one on Wednesday. On Thursday it looks like I got the $20 credit for $200 spent (from that other promo - even though I signed up for it just after my purchase). But then on Friday, I have a $50 charge from the Best Buy store I bought my iPad at (and I most certainly did not go in there and buy anything that day). So it looks like they took the $50 back almost immediately after my return and, as I suspected, my second purchase did not trigger the promo. So it looks like I'll have to contact them about that.

It is odd that the $50 and $20 back show as being from the stores, though. My $10 credit was from "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK". And by the way, if you haven't gotten that within a few days I would make sure you accepted that offer on the dashboard - it isn't automatic from signing up.

FYI both my $50 and $20 offers were from my local BBY also. It must be how they are structured when it is for a specific store deal.

#403 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Don't forget the Small business sync for $25 is TOMORROW!!! (Actually today SAT) Free $25.

thanks for the reminder, i would have forgotten about this.

#404 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Finally received my $25 credit for completing the campaign! Credit shows up as "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK".

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#405 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Well I got a 20" x 36" pizza for the entire extended family for $40 tonight. I got the email for the $25 credit for the small biz Sat deal.

#406 Okatha

Okatha

Not a bumblebee.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Finally received my $25 credit for completing the campaign! Credit shows up as "AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK".

How long ago did you complete the campaign?

#407 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

still no offer email from Amex after finishing the campaign and getting Operation Completion exactly a week ago, should I be contacting Amex customer service? would they have any idea what I'm talking about lol

#408 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

still no offer email from Amex after finishing the campaign and getting Operation Completion exactly a week ago, should I be contacting Amex customer service? would they have any idea what I'm talking about lol

I did Operation Completion on Saturday and just got the email today.

#409 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

still no credits to my account, even though I got the emails stating I fulfilled the requirements. I think its safe to assume they allowed BlueBird cards to sync in error, and won't actually be giving credits to those that used it.

Not a big deal. I mean, it sucks but its not like anyone is really at fault. I'm just glad I didn't drop $100+ dollars at best buy only to realize after that I won't be getting anything back.

#410 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

My AMEX offers shows that if you sign up, you can get $25 back from the Sony store (online too) if you spend $100. You can view it by logging into your AMEX account or seeing the offer in your iPhone app.

#411 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Never got my $10 for synching nor the $50 for spending $100 at Best Buy but got a $20 for spending $200 which was the most recent transaction. Fun.

#412 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Just got my emails for the $25 and for the spend $100 get $50 back today. Finished both of them this past tuesday.

#413 io

io

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

I'm still slowly working on the Halo 4 campaign. I am playing it coop with my son and we do one chapter per night. I think we finished the 5th one tonight.

Anwyay, I was much relieved to see that my $50 showed back up again after being taken away when I returned the first thing I bought. To recap:

- Last Sunday I bought an iPad in store.
- Got the $50 credit on Tuesday
- Bought a second iPad online on Tuesday since they were $60 off
- Returned the first one on Wednesday
- Got the $20 credit on Thursday from the online purchase (the $20 back on $200 spent promo which I actually signed up for the day after I bought the second iPad)
- On Friday the $50 credit from the first iPad got reversed
- On Saturday got another $50 credit from the online purchase

So, yeah, it all worked out. I never got an email after my second purchase (for either promo) so I assumed it didn't qualify. I was surprised I got the $20 at all since I signed up for it after my purchase. And I was somewhat surprised the $50 showed back up again without me having to contact them.

All in all it was a pretty good deal. I couldn't decide between the iPad Mini and the iPad w/retina display but since Best Buy didn't have anything but the 64GB Mini that pretty much made up my mind for me. Now that I got the bigger/better iPad for $60 off (Best Buy BF deal that I got early via Silver RZ) plus a total of $70 back from AMEX that made it a purchase I feel much better about. The only thing that went sort of wrong was that I had used $95 in RZ certs on the first purchase and those won't get credited back for a few weeks. But even without those I got a $500 iPad for $370 which is about what they really ought to cost ;).

(Side comment: it is pretty funny how the pending charges at the Microsoft store for the $10 games are categorized as "office supplies" on my AMEX account online)

#414 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

I have a PS3 3D Monitor i bought over the weekend and is going to be here this week. I didn't expect to purchase anything for $100 at BB so i didn't do the Operation to get $50 off 100. I had a few questions, i already synced all the offers and wanted to complete Operation Completion this week since i had no idea it was very easy, can i still get the offer?
Second question is how easy is it for BB to do a return and repurchase in store? I would like to do that and repurchase on my amex for the offer which is 50% off the whole item so i will do anything to get this right. I wouldn't think it's that difficult since it's just a simple return and rebuy, but apparently i heard there can be possible problems with pricing, etc. but couldn't the manager help out with that?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#415 htz

htz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

My AMEX offers shows that if you sign up, you can get $25 back from the Sony store (online too) if you spend $100. You can view it by logging into your AMEX account or seeing the offer in your iPhone app.

Thanks for the heads up. I got myself a 32GB vita card while its still on sale for $80 to stack with this promo. :)

#416 io

io

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I got myself a 32GB vita card while its still on sale for $80 to stack with this promo. :)

I missed this earlier. It is tempting to upgrade that 8GB card that came with my Target sale 3G Vita. But, htz, I assume you also had to buy something else, right? Like you'd have to get a $29.99 or up game to go along with it (to hit $100). The only things I would consider getting are LBP or P4. And I was hoping to get both of those for much cheaper at some point. If I got the $25 back, that would mean $95 for the 32GB and P4... Hmmm... will have to consider... The 8GB that I thought would be plenty was eaten up quick when PS+ hit the Vita (and I don't even have Uncharted downloaded on it yet). Still, though, it would be nice if I could get something for that (of course it has been used now - though only for a week).

I'll tell you one thing: all these AMEX promos are getting me to use that card much more than I normally do. Most of the time I only use it at Costco since that's all they take. But I have no particular loyalty to my other cards, so I goes where the deals do ;).

#417 htz

htz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I missed this earlier. It is tempting to upgrade that 8GB card that came with my Target sale 3G Vita. But, htz, I assume you also had to buy something else, right? Like you'd have to get a $29.99 or up game to go along with it (to hit $100). The only things I would consider getting are LBP or P4. And I was hoping to get both of those for much cheaper at some point. If I got the $25 back, that would mean $95 for the 32GB and P4... Hmmm... will have to consider... The 8GB that I thought would be plenty was eaten up quick when PS+ hit the Vita (and I don't even have Uncharted downloaded on it yet). Still, though, it would be nice if I could get something for that (of course it has been used now - though only for a week).

I'll tell you one thing: all these AMEX promos are getting me to use that card much more than I normally do. Most of the time I only use it at Costco since that's all they take. But I have no particular loyalty to my other cards, so I goes where the deals do ;).

I paired it with this http://store.sony.co...552921666513659. After taxes it pushed me over the $100 threshold.

I have the costco amex also, and I use it at costco and gas stations when my chase freedom/discover don't have 5% on it. I have been using my discover a lot lately also due to the free one day shipping and 5% back at amazon.

#418 io

io

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I paired it with this http://store.sony.co...552921666513659. After taxes it pushed me over the $100 threshold.

:lol: I guess this is one of the rare times when not having to pay sales tax is a detriment. I'd be 2 cents short with that combo.

#419 htz

htz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

:lol: I guess this is one of the rare times when not having to pay sales tax is a detriment. I'd be 2 cents short with that combo.

8-):applause:

#420 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hey, I beat Halo 4 and got the offer and all of that... but question, can I log in my brother-in-law and beat just the last level to unlock the achievement? I don't think 343 is that dumb to let you get the achievement by just doing that right?

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image