Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#421 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hey, I beat Halo 4 and got the offer and all of that... but question, can I log in my brother-in-law and beat just the last level to unlock the achievement? I don't think 343 is that dumb to let you get the achievement by just doing that right?

The Wake Up John achievement is for finishing all levels, not just completing the final level, so it wouldn't work.

#422 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

The Wake Up John achievement is for finishing all levels, not just completing the final level, so it wouldn't work.

I figured that is how it was triggered, but just thought I'd check. Thanks.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#423 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

I went back to the xbox dash and didn't see the answer. When does this offer have to be completed by. For some reason December 31 sticks in my mind.

#424 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I went back to the xbox dash and didn't see the answer. When does this offer have to be completed by. For some reason December 31 sticks in my mind.

https://sync.america...XBox/OfferTerms

#425 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

https://sync.america...XBox/OfferTerms

Ty. Even went to the op link with the sign up and read those tc's. thought I remembered reading 12/31 somewhere

#426 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I missed this earlier. It is tempting to upgrade that 8GB card that came with my Target sale 3G Vita. But, htz, I assume you also had to buy something else, right? Like you'd have to get a $29.99 or up game to go along with it (to hit $100). The only things I would consider getting are LBP or P4. And I was hoping to get both of those for much cheaper at some point. If I got the $25 back, that would mean $95 for the 32GB and P4... Hmmm... will have to consider... The 8GB that I thought would be plenty was eaten up quick when PS+ hit the Vita (and I don't even have Uncharted downloaded on it yet). Still, though, it would be nice if I could get something for that (of course it has been used now - though only for a week).

I'll tell you one thing: all these AMEX promos are getting me to use that card much more than I normally do. Most of the time I only use it at Costco since that's all they take. But I have no particular loyalty to my other cards, so I goes where the deals do ;).

Most retail games on the PSN store seem to be a solid 3GB. So the 32GB would be your best bet if you want to store 8 games at a time.

Before you can get games, you need to BUY them. So it might be worth getting $100 worth of PSN money for $80.

#427 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Beat the game this past weekend and got the email for the $25 today! Woo hoo :D

#428 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Well I just got my $25 for the small business deal. That brings me to $140 in credits through these syncs for spending $240 ($300 technically since I bought Halo). Not too shabby.
Posted Image

#429 io

io

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Most retail games on the PSN store seem to be a solid 3GB. So the 32GB would be your best bet if you want to store 8 games at a time.

Before you can get games, you need to BUY them. So it might be worth getting $100 worth of PSN money for $80.

Nope - no need for the PSN money except for the occasional purchase (and I think I have a couple of $20 cards in a drawer from some long-ago Kmart deal). I expect to get plenty of PSN stuff from PS+. I actually went with the 8GB bundle because I thought I wouldn't be getting a lot of downloadable games. PS+ threw a wrench into those plans ;).

I think I'm just going to stick with the 8GB and only put on there what I need when I need it. With PS+ cloud saving I can back up any saves before I delete the games. I don't expect to play the Vita all that much and won't be taking it anywhere so I don't need to have everything on the card at once - can always redownload what I need. In fact, I think the first thing I'm going to do is delete Wipeout and Gravity Rush and get Uncharted on there since I want to play that first.

Anyway, off topic... I guess I should look for my $25 small business credit. I bought a $25 gift card at a local movie theater - so, yeah, a free movie with a couple of my kids!

#430 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

man... I want to return what I bought with the "spend $100 at Best Buy get $50 credit promotion", is there any way to return that and get it in a gift card or store credit so I don't lose the $50 credit on amex card?

#431 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

man... I want to return what I bought with the "spend $100 at Best Buy get $50 credit promotion", is there any way to return that and get it in a gift card or store credit so I don't lose the $50 credit on amex card?

Just bring it in without the receipt. I dont see why they wouldnt give you store credit as long as it's unopened.
Posted Image

#432 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Just bring it in without the receipt. I dont see why they wouldnt give you store credit as long as it's unopened.

If you don't have a receipt, don't they usually just look it up on your card?

I guess you could claim you paid cash, maybe that works. Probably limited to just a "store credit" that way - and that's if they do a return at all lacking both the card and the receipt. I guess that's what the previous poster wanted though, so it's worth a shot.

#433 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Best buy requires receipts for all returns. Every BB I've visited has that policy clearly posted at the customer service line. Anything else is extreme YMMV.

#434 io

io

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

If you read back a bit (post 414 on the previous page to be exact) I went through this very same thing. While I didn't try to get credit, I had no problem getting the promo applied on a second item I purchased after getting the refund (and having the first $50 credit reversed). I didn't have to call them or anything - happened automatically.

So you could just return your item and buy a $100 gift card if they won't give you store credit for the return. Actually, it might be possible to apply your return directly to the purchase of the gift card in the same transaction and in that case it would never even show up as a credit to your AMEX account. I was able to buy a $50 iTunes card when I did my return. I did it to use the Reward Zone certs that I had used in the original transaction so I didn't have to wait 3-4 weeks for those to go back to my account. But it should work for what you want to do as well.

#435 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

is the promo over? I dont see anywhere to sync the code that i got from the amex site.

#436 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

is the promo over? I dont see anywhere to sync the code that i got from the amex site.

Games tab -> "Browse Games" then look on the right side of the screen

#437 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Wow, in 2 days from my purchase at Best Buy, I got my $50 credit :applause: Amex :bow:

#438 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Just return it with the receipt but ask them to put it on a gift card. I did it yesterday, it is no problem.

#439 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

New promo from Dell. Spend $599 or more and get $150 credited to your AMEX. Love AMEX!

#440 richdmoore

richdmoore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I lost my credit card the other day, hopefully it will automatically transfer the Halo offers onto the new card. I went back into time machine and saved the confirming emails when I sighed up (Finished the game 2 days ago & played the first episode of Spartin ops, no email yet about the 25 offer or the best buy one.)

Anyone else had this situation come up?

#441 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

I got the Operation Completed achievement yesterday so just waiting for the email. How long has it taken for others?

#442 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

got email after 4-5 days.

Will the $20 off $200 twitter stack with $50 off $100 halo deal?

#443 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

got email after 4-5 days.

Will the $20 off $200 twitter stack with $50 off $100 halo deal?

Yep, they stack, I used them both last week and received both credits a couple days ago.

#444 Myka

Myka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I can also confirm they stack. Sweet deal.

437134.png

#445 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Bought $200 BB GC -- got email confirmations right away for both Amex Sync & Halo offers and both credits

Wednesday, November 28 BEST BUY CHICAGO IL $200.00
Friday, November 30 BEST BUY CHICAGO IL -$20.00
Friday, November 30 BEST BUY CHICAGO IL -$50.00

#446 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Anyone get their $25 credit for completion yet?

I just checked my online statement and I had a mysterious statement credit for an Amex promo, but not for $25. For 25 British Pound sterling (~$40)! The only Amex promo I can think of that I haven't accounted for is the Halo completion. It's listed as:
"Amex Offer
25.00 UNITED KINGDOM POUND STERLING CONVE
AMERICAN EXPRESS PAYMENT SVCS LTD
1ST FLOOR BELGRAVE HOUSE
76 BUCKINGHAM PALACE ROAD
LONDON"

#447 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I lost my credit card the other day, hopefully it will automatically transfer the Halo offers onto the new card. I went back into time machine and saved the confirming emails when I sighed up (Finished the game 2 days ago & played the first episode of Spartin ops, no email yet about the 25 offer or the best buy one.)

Anyone else had this situation come up?

Yup. I signed up with my expired card because I had lost the new one and was waiting for a replacement. Made my purchase with the replacement card, and it was all good!

#448 richdmoore

richdmoore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Yup. I signed up with my expired card because I had lost the new one and was waiting for a replacement. Made my purchase with the replacement card, and it was all good!

Thank you. I received an email stating it would automatically transfer as well about an hour ago.

#449 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Complete 1 of the Spartan Ops missions. Do I just wait to get a confirmation email, then spend $100+ and automatically get $50 refunded on the credit statement?

#450 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Complete 1 of the Spartan Ops missions. Do I just wait to get a confirmation email, then spend $100+ and automatically get $50 refunded on the credit statement?

yes.