Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I synced up my free BlueBird prepaid card and it gave me a code and allowed me to do this, not sure if they will just give me 10 dollars or what but it is worth a try.

This is actually really cool. I don't have an AMEX or anything, but I like this and hope to see more of it in the future. $25 for getting an achievement. That is just plain cool.

[quote name='tylerh1701']This is actually really cool. I don't have an AMEX or anything, but I like this and hope to see more of it in the future. $25 for getting an achievement. That is just plain cool.[/QUOTE]
I have been an AMEX cardholder for 6 years, they have been great with there member perks and customer service. Same goes for Discover, if you must have a credit card those two are the best.

AMEX is also giving out $25 statement credits for small business Saturday (The day after Black Friday) when you shop at any small business like last year.

[quote name='Demonkadar']I synced up my free BlueBird prepaid card and it gave me a code and allowed me to do this, not sure if they will just give me 10 dollars or what but it is worth a try.[/QUOTE]
Did you get any email confirmation? I might try this out as well.

Man, essentially getting back 35 bucks for signing up and beating Halo 4 makes it a bit easier to buy it at full price on launch.

[quote name='Demonkadar']I synced up my free BlueBird prepaid card and it gave me a code and allowed me to do this, not sure if they will just give me 10 dollars or what but it is worth a try.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it says corporate and prepaid cards are invalid. But like you said, doesnt hurt to try if thats all you have.

You should be aware that the $10 statement credit does not apply automatically after you link your card. You need to activate it manually once the link has been established.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The last reward O_O[/QUOTE]

For better or worse, I expect that those prizes are only going to be won by people with some sort of advantage--members of the press who already have copies of the game, pirates, Gamestop employees who borrow the game in advance, people who find a store breaking the street date, etc. With such high stakes, I'm sure there'll be well more than 25 people who are paused right before the achievement unlocks and will unlock it within a minute or two of the clock ticking over to 12:01am.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']For better or worse, I expect that those prizes are only going to be won by people with some sort of advantage--members of the press who already have copies of the game, pirates, Gamestop employees who borrow the game in advance, people who find a store breaking the street date, etc. With such high stakes, I'm sure there'll be well more than 25 people who are paused right before the achievement unlocks and will unlock it within a minute or two of the clock ticking over to 12:01am.[/QUOTE]

fvck...

I was thinkin to buy an xbox and Halo 4 just for this 25 winner prize, since I thought not much people uses AMX, since it is not accepted in many places...

[quote name='majorjohn']fvck...

I was thinkin to buy an xbox and Halo 4 just for this 25 winner prize, since I thought not much people uses AMX, since it is not accepted in many places...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that getting people to buy the game and/or systems right away is a large part of the incentive for that prize ;) Hell, it could even be possible that legit buyers in Europe/Asia (which are significantly ahead of the US time zone wise) are able to win this on behalf of friends in the states using US gamertags--I doubt that AMEX is going to be checking the IP address of winning US gamertags, if that info is even tracked in the first place.

:lol: So this will get me to play Halo 4 soon upon release. I'm buying it day 1 for my son, but I wasn't planning on playing it myself any time soon. I didn't play Halo Reach (my first ever Halo game by the way) until a year or so after it came out. Now I'll have to coop Halo 4 with him I guess.

I'd just link it to his Gametag so I don't have to bother but being a child's account it probably won't work. We already know he's getting screwed out of the Mountain Dew/Doritos XP promotion. (Seriously, there is a promo aimed squarely at kids and yet they can't use the codes #-o).

Pretty sweet deal, hopefully these kinds of rewards become more common. The only problem is HALO sucks ass. I can't imagine suffering through an entire campaign. I got to find a sucker who will play it under my account.

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']Pretty sweet deal, hopefully these kinds of rewards become more common. The only problem is HALO sucks ass. I can't imagine suffering through an entire campaign. I got to find a sucker who will play it under my account.[/QUOTE]

Whats the weather like under your bridge?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']For better or worse, I expect that those prizes are only going to be won by people with some sort of advantage--members of the press who already have copies of the game, pirates, Gamestop employees who borrow the game in advance, people who find a store breaking the street date, etc. With such high stakes, I'm sure there'll be well more than 25 people who are paused right before the achievement unlocks and will unlock it within a minute or two of the clock ticking over to 12:01am.[/QUOTE]

The only advantage i see is the 3hrs the East coast has ahead of the West coast ;)

***Competition is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding residents of CO, CT, MD, VT and U.S. territories and possessions) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and who have synced an eligible American Express Card with Xbox 360 prior to completing the "Lone Wolf Legend" achievement in Halo 4 ("Game"). Must complete achievement while logged into the Xbox LIVE account associated with your synced Card. The Competition begins on November 6, 2012 at 12:01am ET and ends December 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET or when all prizes have been won, whichever is sooner. For Official Rules, which govern competition, visit https://amexbox.com/OfferTerms. Void in CO, CT, MD, VT and U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited. Limit 1 trip per Cardmember\Gamertag. Program Terms and Conditions apply.

[quote name='majorjohn']fvck...

I was thinkin to buy an xbox and Halo 4 just for this 25 winner prize, since I thought not much people uses AMX, since it is not accepted in many places...[/QUOTE]

Where isn't it accepted? I've never experienced it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The only advantage i see is the 3hrs the East coast has ahead of the West coast ;)[/QUOTE]

What, exactly, in the terms and conditions prohibits any of the scenarios I set out? I'll be *extremely* surprised if there is a single legit buyer who walks into a store at 12:01am on November 6 to buy the game, heads home, games for the next 6-10 hours and makes it into that top 25

[quote name='wampa8jedi']What, exactly, in the terms and conditions prohibits any of the scenarios I set out? I'll be *extremely* surprised if there is a single legit buyer who walks into a store at 12:01am on November 6 to buy the game, heads home, games for the next 6-10 hours and makes it into that top 25[/QUOTE]

Indeed, it would have been far more fair to enter everyone who, say, does it within 24 hours of launch and then pull 25 winners from that pool.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Where isn't it accepted? I've never experienced it.[/QUOTE]

those small shops, especially international grossary or something like that, sometimes even traditional ameriacn family own steak house or restaurant...

anyway, I just thought not many people use AMX thus I might have a chance to be 1 of those 25, because Halo3 was my first Xbox game when I bought an xbox 360 last year... The highest difficulty was really frustrating but I got through it.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']What, exactly, in the terms and conditions prohibits any of the scenarios I set out? I'll be *extremely* surprised if there is a single legit buyer who walks into a store at 12:01am on November 6 to buy the game, heads home, games for the next 6-10 hours and makes it into that top 25[/QUOTE]

The thing is that a person who tries to beat the game 1 minute after launch has more questions to answer. The game is not allowed to be sold until midnight Tues. Anyone who gets the game early would most likely be disqualified from any prizes like this. You would have to explain why you were playing a game before the release date. Publishers take that kind of stuff pretty seriously.

Exactly!! This is what disappoints me, because I would go buy it and play.

[quote name='io']Indeed, it would have been far more fair to enter everyone who, say, does it within 24 hours of launch and then pull 25 winners from that pool.[/QUOTE]

technically, a fair way could be: to count those who get the acheivement of finishing chapter1, and those who get the achievement for finishing whole game in legendary difficulty...

[quote name='cancerman1120']The thing is that a person who tries to beat the game 1 minute after launch has more questions to answer. The game is not allowed to be sold until midnight Tues. Anyone who gets the game early would most likely be disqualified from any prizes like this. You would have to explain why you were playing a game before the release date. Publishers take that kind of stuff pretty seriously.[/QUOTE]

but whoever gets the game earlier, or gets the leak, can play the story offline, pause, then wait until 3~4 hours after the midnight release, then get online and finish the final part of game. And he/she will surely be the first few.

Oops...yeah, you're right. I thought you had to start the game at that time. Lame.

Couple things:

1. Microsoft does, in fact, keep track of where you are connecting from, and fraud of any kind can warrant you a lifetime ban from Xbox LIVE (is on their Terms of Use) so don't worry about people in other countries cheating on this.
2. I don't think GameStop or the Microsoft Store themselves take AMEX cards online lol
3. E3 is not that big of a deal. Don't expect too much swag and, unless you are part of the industry, not much useful to do either (well other than playing some games really early :p most E3 demos end up as game demos and/or PAX demos anyways xD)

[quote name='io']Indeed, it would have been far more fair to enter everyone who, say, does it within 24 hours of launch and then pull 25 winners from that pool.[/QUOTE] Your way would also help alleviate the fact that people on the east coast would get a 3hr head-start on people on the west coast.

[quote name='majorjohn']but whoever gets the game earlier, or gets the leak, can play the story offline, pause, then wait until 3~4 hours after the midnight release, then get online and finish the final part of game. And he/she will surely be the first few.[/QUOTE]

I still think anything that looks off will be investigated first. You never played online but suddenly for the final achievement you are online? I am not saying people won't try. I just think MS and AMEX are going to be sure those who win this prize did not cheat in order to do it.

heck people could just hack the achievement system to get it first. My nephews are always doing stupid stuff like that.

[quote name='yuyak']Your way would also help alleviate the fact that people on the east coast would get a 3hr head-start on people on the west coast.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cancerman1120']I still think anything that looks off will be investigated first. You never played online but suddenly for the final achievement you are online? I am not saying people won't try. I just think MS and AMEX are going to be sure those who win this prize did not cheat in order to do it.

heck people could just hack the achievement system to get it first. My nephews are always doing stupid stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing the obvious point though--the scenarios that I and others have suggested are, by the express terms of this contest, not cheating. If they wanted/cared to forestall such tactics, they would have designed the contest accordingly.

The thing is that a person who tries to beat the game 1 minute after launch has more questions to answer. The game is not allowed to be sold until midnight Tues. Anyone who gets the game early would most likely be disqualified from any prizes like this. You would have to explain why you were playing a game before the release date. Publishers take that kind of stuff pretty seriously.

Why? There's nothing in the rules that says you have to buy the game on November 6, so why would they be disqualified? There would be nothing to explain, your own morally imposed rules notwithstanding. Also, to be clear, there is nothing prohibiting you from buying the game early--street date restrictions are placed on retailers to prevent them from selling early and, in the vast majority of instances, are not designed to punish players who play early.

Microsoft does, in fact, keep track of where you are connecting from, and fraud of any kind can warrant you a lifetime ban from Xbox LIVE (is on their Terms of Use) so don't worry about people in other countries cheating on this.

Do you think AMEX is actually going to verify IP addresses at the time of unlocking the achievement? That assumes that Microsoft will provide them with access to such info, that they're smart enough to even think to check it and that they actually give a hoot.

Ignoring the contest and focusing on the great deal portions of this promo, I pre-ordered Halo 4 solely b/c of this promo--that's gotta say something.

Edit:

Indeed, it would have been far more fair to enter everyone who, say, does it within 24 hours of launch and then pull 25 winners from that pool.

This is exactly how I would have structured the contest--would have been a great bonding and social contest. A missed opportunity, but what can you do?

bread's done
Back