Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#31 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Holy crap thank you. Broke college student that wanted Halo 4, but couldn't get it on release. Now I can. Thanks! :D

#32 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

The only advantage i see is the 3hrs the East coast has ahead of the West coast ;)

What, exactly, in the terms and conditions prohibits any of the scenarios I set out? I'll be *extremely* surprised if there is a single legit buyer who walks into a store at 12:01am on November 6 to buy the game, heads home, games for the next 6-10 hours and makes it into that top 25
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#33 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

Great deal. The sync program has been pretty great this year.

#34 dawman45

dawman45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

thanks OP

#35 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

To bad I don't have wifi. I could really use that $50 off a $100 purchase for Best Buy.

#36 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Will a Serve card work?I'm having trouble adding my serve card to my xbox account.

#37 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Will a Serve card work?I'm having trouble adding my serve card to my xbox account.

I don't believe so

#38 io

io

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

What, exactly, in the terms and conditions prohibits any of the scenarios I set out? I'll be *extremely* surprised if there is a single legit buyer who walks into a store at 12:01am on November 6 to buy the game, heads home, games for the next 6-10 hours and makes it into that top 25

Indeed, it would have been far more fair to enter everyone who, say, does it within 24 hours of launch and then pull 25 winners from that pool.

#39 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Where isn't it accepted? I've never experienced it.

those small shops, especially international grossary or something like that, sometimes even traditional ameriacn family own steak house or restaurant...

anyway, I just thought not many people use AMX thus I might have a chance to be 1 of those 25, because Halo3 was my first Xbox game when I bought an xbox 360 last year... The highest difficulty was really frustrating but I got through it.

#40 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

The thing is that a person who tries to beat the game 1 minute after launch has more questions to answer. The game is not allowed to be sold until midnight Tues. Anyone who gets the game early would most likely be disqualified from any prizes like this. You would have to explain why you were playing a game before the release date. Publishers take that kind of stuff pretty seriously.

#41 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Signed up and synched, thanks OP.

#42 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Exactly!! This is what disappoints me, because I would go buy it and play.

Indeed, it would have been far more fair to enter everyone who, say, does it within 24 hours of launch and then pull 25 winners from that pool.

technically, a fair way could be: to count those who get the acheivement of finishing chapter1, and those who get the achievement for finishing whole game in legendary difficulty...

#43 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

The thing is that a person who tries to beat the game 1 minute after launch has more questions to answer. The game is not allowed to be sold until midnight Tues. Anyone who gets the game early would most likely be disqualified from any prizes like this. You would have to explain why you were playing a game before the release date. Publishers take that kind of stuff pretty seriously.

but whoever gets the game earlier, or gets the leak, can play the story offline, pause, then wait until 3~4 hours after the midnight release, then get online and finish the final part of game. And he/she will surely be the first few.

#44 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

lol halo

#45 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Oops...yeah, you're right. I thought you had to start the game at that time. Lame.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#46 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Couple things:

1. Microsoft does, in fact, keep track of where you are connecting from, and fraud of any kind can warrant you a lifetime ban from Xbox LIVE (is on their Terms of Use) so don't worry about people in other countries cheating on this.
2. I don't think GameStop or the Microsoft Store themselves take AMEX cards online lol
3. E3 is not that big of a deal. Don't expect too much swag and, unless you are part of the industry, not much useful to do either (well other than playing some games really early :P most E3 demos end up as game demos and/or PAX demos anyways xD)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Your way would also help alleviate the fact that people on the east coast would get a 3hr head-start on people on the west coast.

#48 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

but whoever gets the game earlier, or gets the leak, can play the story offline, pause, then wait until 3~4 hours after the midnight release, then get online and finish the final part of game. And he/she will surely be the first few.

I still think anything that looks off will be investigated first. You never played online but suddenly for the final achievement you are online? I am not saying people won't try. I just think MS and AMEX are going to be sure those who win this prize did not cheat in order to do it.

heck people could just hack the achievement system to get it first. My nephews are always doing stupid stuff like that.

#49 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Your way would also help alleviate the fact that people on the east coast would get a 3hr head-start on people on the west coast.

I still think anything that looks off will be investigated first. You never played online but suddenly for the final achievement you are online? I am not saying people won't try. I just think MS and AMEX are going to be sure those who win this prize did not cheat in order to do it.

heck people could just hack the achievement system to get it first. My nephews are always doing stupid stuff like that.

I think you're missing the obvious point though--the scenarios that I and others have suggested are, by the express terms of this contest, not cheating. If they wanted/cared to forestall such tactics, they would have designed the contest accordingly.

Why? There's nothing in the rules that says you have to buy the game on November 6, so why would they be disqualified? There would be nothing to explain, your own morally imposed rules notwithstanding. Also, to be clear, there is nothing prohibiting you from buying the game early--street date restrictions are placed on retailers to prevent them from selling early and, in the vast majority of instances, are not designed to punish players who play early.

Microsoft does, in fact, keep track of where you are connecting from, and fraud of any kind can warrant you a lifetime ban from Xbox LIVE (is on their Terms of Use) so don't worry about people in other countries cheating on this.

Do you think AMEX is actually going to verify IP addresses at the time of unlocking the achievement? That assumes that Microsoft will provide them with access to such info, that they're smart enough to even think to check it and that they actually give a hoot.

Ignoring the contest and focusing on the great deal portions of this promo, I pre-ordered Halo 4 solely b/c of this promo--that's gotta say something.

Edit:

This is exactly how I would have structured the contest--would have been a great bonding and social contest. A missed opportunity, but what can you do?
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#50 io

io

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

And yeah, there is that too. Basically, even if it is done legit under the current rules, it is only going to be people in the Eastern time zone that win.

But yeah, the rest of the promo is pretty damn nice. Like I said before, I had the game preordered anyway (and might not even get it on release day anyway since I have it preordered at Amazon). But this will get me to play the game which I probably would not have done any time soon otherwise.

#51 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Man nice deals for anyone picking up Halo 4.

My gf and I both have Amex cards on the same account. They are different card numbers however. Can we do this twice? As in get the $10, $25 and the $50 off BBY with two different gamertags and two different Amex card numbers. The statement is shared though.

Why? There's nothing in the rules that says you have to buy the game on November 6, so why would they be disqualified? There would be nothing to explain, your own morally imposed rules notwithstanding. Also, to be clear, there is nothing prohibiting you from buying the game early--street date restrictions are placed on retailers to prevent them from selling early and, in the vast majority of instances, are not designed to punish players who play early.

Except that because of the Halo 4 leak Microsoft has warned than anyone playing the game online or offline before the game comes out (assuming a little bit before because of midnight launches etc) will be banned.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#52 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

D. Availability/Limitations on Liability/Disclaimer of Warranties

AXP reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to suspend, cancel or terminate your eligibility to participate in the Program, any Offer(s), registration for any Offer(s) and fulfillment of any Offer(s) for any reason, with or without notice, including, without limitation, if AXP determines or otherwise suspects that you have engaged in improper, unlawful or other activity in violation of the law or otherwise not in conformance with this Agreement.

You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, equipment (including without limitation an Xbox 360 console), and services needed to access and use a Registration Page or the Program. AXP, its licensed issuers, agencies, participating merchants, third party service providers, internet service providers, and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively with AXP, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any aspect of any Offer, including, without limitation, incorrect or inaccurate information associated with or utilized in an Offer; (2) any transmission delays, interruptions, omissions, deletions, defects, or failures of any kind resulting in suspension of an Offer, a Registration Page, the Program or otherwise, including, without limitation, equipment or system malfunctions, performance degradations, service interruptions, or disconnections or disruptions in phone lines, network hardware or software or Internet connectivity; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the purchase process, an Offer or the Program; or (4) computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, technical or non-technical, or human or other errors or omissions or computer viruses or damage which may occur in connection with the administration of an Offer, a Registration Page or the Program or the processing of your registration for or fulfillment of an Offer. If any of the foregoing occurs, your sole remedy shall be to terminate this Agreement.

THE PROGRAM, THE REGISTRATION PAGES AND THE OFFER(S) ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AXP SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE OFFER(S), AND DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE OFFER(S) OR THE PROGRAM, ACCESS TO AND REGISTRATION ON A REGISTRATION PAGE, AND USE OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR OFFERS OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE OFFER(S).

This paragraph D shall survive termination of this Agreement.

Sure seems like they can.
Posted Image

#53 AvastMatey

AvastMatey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

The horrible odds are not going to stop me from taking PTO on the 6th and attempting to be in the top 25, west coast time zone be damned.

#54 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

No Amex here but this is an awesome deal.

ach.png

#55 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

**** YES!!! Thanks for posting this TC! I was going to get Halo 4 and shop at BB for BF so this is awesome.

#56 io

io

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Just signed up, synced, and redeemed the $10 credit: already worth it.

My Costco AMEX card worked just fine. Costco is the only reason I have an AMEX, actually.

#57 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Signed up. Thanks op, I would have never noticed this on the dashboard.

#58 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Signed up my amex card and also my gf's on my second gamertag. Not sure why I have it, but its got 90 pts on it for some reason.

Now the question is if I want to play Halo 4 a second time and just blast through the story again to get $25.

If this promotion goes smoothly I might actually spend $100 at Bestbuy even though I have a ton of credit there. $50 off aint bad.

If I preorder 2 games and pay them off will they show on my CC statement as $120 and therefore get the $50 cash back? That plus the $20 gift card for GCU makes that a pretty good deal.

I'll have to tell my parents, maybe create them gamertags and then sign them up so they can get some $10 each free. I guess do a spartan op mission if they want the best buy cash back.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#59 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Damn I wish Sony or other CCs would do deals like this. Pretty sure all I have is Visa. Getting money back for an achievement is awesome. I'd actually play the games I buy if that were the norm.

#60 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm more surprised that you found a retailer that accepts American Express.

16Z462z.jpg