Photo
- - - - -

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#151 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

I just tried to synch my card. When I entered the code on my Xbox it came back with an oops didn't work message and a minute later I got an email from AMEX saying I am synched. But since the problem is on my Xbox I can't click on any offers. I tried the code again and same thing. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

#152 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Can you confirm you got the statement credit? If so I would definitely do this.

Interesting - never done this sort of thing before. Thanks, I guess I can go that route then. I'll likely do the same for the Best Buy credit from the Halo promo (though that means buying the gift card in store probably).

Just logged on to confirm. I ordered my $100 costco cashcard via costco.com on 10/31. The $25 credit posted on the amex website "recent activites" section this morning, but dated 11/4. I haven't bought anything else via costco.com so yeah, it definitely looks like cashcards qualify.

I've done this before with similar Amex/BestBuy promos where I just bought BestBuy or Kindle giftcards (can be used on anything at Amazon) and those all qualified.

#153 Newl

Newl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Is there a leaderboard where I can look up if I am one of the top 25 to complete Lone Wolf Legend? Halo Waypoint maybe? Took me until 4pm pst, so I know it's unlikely. Just curious as to what my chances are :joystick:
pswii60 pwner - aka Too Many Games, Too Little Time
Posted Image

#154 io

io

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone been able to verify if the Spartan Ops achievement can be done coop? (For the "$50 back when you spend $100 at Best Buy" offer). I guess maybe I'll try it tomorrow with my son.

#155 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Has anyone been able to verify if the Spartan Ops achievement can be done coop? (For the "$50 back when you spend $100 at Best Buy" offer). I guess maybe I'll try it tomorrow with my son.

I think even with co-op it still counts as finishing the game. Or at least that's how it was for Halo 3 and Reach.

#156 io

io

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

I think even with co-op it still counts as finishing the game. Or at least that's how it was for Halo 3 and Reach.

The finishing the game one I'm not worried about - this is the Spartan Ops mission achievement I'm talking about.

#157 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

The finishing the game one I'm not worried about - this is the Spartan Ops mission achievement I'm talking about.

Oh woops. Got the rewards mixed up. It doesn't say solo so I'm pretty sure that it's fine if it's co-op. The reward for the trip to E3 says it has to be done solo so if it did, I'm pretty sure it would've said solo on it.

#158 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Is there a Amex sync thread anywhere on here. If not there should be one. Seems like there are a lot of good deals to be had. I've done a few in the past, but even now I just found out about that costco one.

Do you have an iPhone and the AMEX app? You can view the latest offers within the app.

#159 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Isn't the whole point of Spartan Ops is that it is a co-op mode?

#160 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Do you have an iPhone and the AMEX app? You can view the latest offers within the app.

Yeah, but I mean to discuss the deals. Even in this thread its unclear how the deals work, if they are working, when you get your cash back, etc.

For these deals regarding coop. If the fine print states that getting the achievement constitutes fulfilling the offer, than getting it in coop should be fine. The question is if those achievements are obtainable in coop. My guess is yes, but I haven't even picked up my preorder yet.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#161 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

I sync'd and got a email but I haven't gotten the $10 just for syncing. Is that something that posts asap?
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#162 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I sync'd and got a email but I haven't gotten the $10 just for syncing. Is that something that posts asap?

No it will take up to 8 weeks to post to your account. As far as people talking about co-op or not you only need to unlock to 2 achievements. Whatever allows you to complete them is all you need to do.

(Unlocks the $50 back for $100) Requires you to unlock on dashboard and wait for confirmation email before spending money.
Operation Completion 15 points
Completed a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty.

Infinity Multiplayer :: Spartan Ops related. Online Required. Can be obtained on Easy+.
Complete a Spartan Ops Chapter either Solo or Cooperatively.

(Unlocks $25 Statement Credit)
Wake up John 20 points
Completed the Campaign on Normal or harder.

Campaign related. Must be obtained on Normal+.
Complete the Campaign either Solo or Cooperatively.

Source: http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=387738

Edited by cancerman1120, 07 November 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#163 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

ok i'm confused now.

Finish the game (on normal or harder) = $25

Finish a spartan ops chapter by myself or with someone else (on any level) = $50 off $100
(can you play the spartan ops chapter by itself? just jump right in?)

yes?

Anyone want to finish spartan ops with me while I run around useless and eat cheetos?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#164 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Looking at the BB Black Friday ad, I'm so ****ing excited. Gonna buy that 23" Dell monitor and get $50 back :)

#165 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

When I look at the ”Wake Up John” task on the MS dashboard AMEX promo advertisement, I don't see anything about a difficulty requirement of at least normal for the campaign.

#166 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

When I look at the ”Wake Up John” task on the MS dashboard AMEX promo advertisement, I don't see anything about a difficulty requirement of at least normal for the campaign.

Well to get the achievement that is what is required so if you do not play on normal or higher it won't unlock on your Xbox.

Also, it appears I have gotten my $10 already. I do not have a cleared transaction by my "available credit" is $10 higher than the credit limit right now. Since I have no balance it may not post until I use the card.

#167 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Halo 4 achievements: http://www.xbox360ac...4/achievements/

#168 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Has anyone finished the Spartan Ops "Operation Completion" achievement and received an email from Amex? I know it says it could take up to 7 days to receive the email, just curious as to how long it is taking (looking to buy the Lumia 920 from Best Buy, but want to wait until this is "activated")

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#169 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

That many people have American Express?

#170 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Oh ok thanks for the correction guys. Makes sense.

#171 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

That many people have American Express?

50 million Amex cards at the end of 2011
http://www.creditcar...istics-1276.php

#172 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Has anyone finished the Spartan Ops "Operation Completion" achievement and received an email from Amex? I know it says it could take up to 7 days to receive the email, just curious as to how long it is taking (looking to buy the Lumia 920 from Best Buy, but want to wait until this is "activated")

Nothing here yet.

#173 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

50 million Amex cards at the end of 2011
http://www.creditcar...istics-1276.php

Plus it's the only credit card Costco accepts. Not sure what rock all these non-Amex holders are living under, but while retailers hate Amex because of higher swipe fees, they tend to be some of the best cards for consumers.

#174 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Picked up Halo 4 from Redbox, plan is to beat it within a few days, and get paid to play the game :)

#175 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

I do not see the ad to synch this. Is it no longer available?

EDIT: Figured it out.

Edited by TheBomb69, 08 November 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#176 crupp

crupp

Backlog Enhancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Has anyone finished the Spartan Ops "Operation Completion" achievement and received an email from Amex? I know it says it could take up to 7 days to receive the email, just curious as to how long it is taking

Just to add another data point, I unlocked the Spartan Ops achievement yesterday and dont have an email yet.
Posted Image

#177 pharmer_troy

pharmer_troy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I do not see the ad to synch this. Is it no longer available?

EDIT: Figured it out.

I was trying to figure this out also. Where is it located on the dashboard now?

#178 dsg_gt2004

dsg_gt2004

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

I was trying to figure this out also. Where is it located on the dashboard now?

go to games, then browse..you will see it on the bottom right

Posted Image

#179 pharmer_troy

pharmer_troy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

go to games, then browse..you will see it on the bottom right

Thank you!

#180 dsg_gt2004

dsg_gt2004

CAGiversary!