Posted Image
Posted Image

Future Shop

Posted Image
Posted Image
LBP Karting is $59.99

Walmart

Toys R Us

Edited by retro.elite, 02 November 2012 - 07:53 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

OH. EM. GEE. If you price match LBP Karting... That's a terrible, terrible mistake to make.

#3 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

OH. EM. GEE. If you price match LBP Karting... That's a terrible, terrible mistake to make.

For sure, but there's no way that will work. I'm sure they will have corrections all over the place. I still think it's insane that something like that can make it all the way to the final print stage without anyone saying anything.

#4 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

they nerfed the heck out of the trade list at fs finally.

#5 IceCreamTaco

IceCreamTaco

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

they nerfed the heck out of the trade list at fs finally.

Holy crap did they ever!

3ds = 1 game on list , vita same.

Ouch.

I wanted that 60$ card , but i had nsmb2 and SH : Downpour , downpour no longer there...bah!

THanks for flyers but nothing good :/

Uncharted vita is 25 at amazon.ca in case someone wants to do that trade and is mssing one game =P

#6 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

You should see the losers going at each other on rfd over the $10 LBP typo.

#7 Wikkidkarma

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

You should see the losers going at each other on rfd over the $10 LBP typo.

Link please.

#8 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Mods deleted the topic it seems because it was really hilarious yet pathetic. People alerting head office to the typo, people insulting each other personally, arguing, bickering, and more all over a typo. Really brings out the worst in people when stuff like this happens.

#9 poxsc

poxsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I was part of that discussion. It was hilarious!

#10 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I have a friend that works at Wal-Mart, and he supposes as long as you have a physical flyer, PM-ing should work...

#11 onemorechanc

onemorechanc

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

This item is in the Toys 'R Us flyer -- Xbox 360 Wireless Headset with Bluetooth for $24.97:

http://www.toysrus.c...SeeEnabled=true

I was able to price match at Futureshop with no problems.

#12 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Really brings out the worst in people when stuff like this happens.

No, just another regular day at RFD.

#13 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

No, just another regular day at RFD.

A regular work (or lack thereof) day for many there. :lol:

Posted Image

#14 QuagsireQing

QuagsireQing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

For those wanting LittleBigPlanet Karting on the cheap, but who are unable to price match, hold on for two more weeks. :-$ By the way, it's currently Trade 2, Get it Free at EB (minimum $15 trade value).

#15 poxsc

poxsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

2 weeks? Is it going to be the same price as Future Shop?

#16 QuagsireQing

QuagsireQing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

2 weeks? Is it going to be the same price as Future Shop?

Not $9.99, of course, since not even Future Shop will honour that price, but it may be a lot cheaper than $59.99 very soon...

#17 Heartless18

Heartless18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

Not $9.99, of course, since not even Future Shop will honour that price, but it may be a lot cheaper than $59.99 very soon...

Do you know something the rest of us don't, or are we just assuming that it'll drop in price quickly?

#18 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Do you know something the rest of us don't, or are we just assuming that it'll drop in price quickly?

How many of you even knew LBP Karting was gonna be out this Tuesday before seeing the weekly flyers? Sony's marketing department consists of monkeys bashing away at Windows 8 tablets.

I'm not commenting on the quality of the game itself but Sony can't market for **** (right up there with Sega) and that is why the game will drop in price in mere weeks.

#19 Heartless18

Heartless18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

How many of you even knew LBP Karting was gonna be out this Tuesday before seeing the weekly flyers? Sony's marketing department consists of monkeys bashing away at Windows 8 tablets.

I'm not commenting on the quality of the game itself but Sony can't market for **** (right up there with Sega) and that is why the game will drop in price in mere weeks.

Poor advertising aside, it's still one of Sony's big titles for the holidays. They'll probably try to squeeze as many sales out at full price before a big drop on Boxing Day. Kinda reminds me of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One last year... virtually no advertising, no price drop leading up to Christmas, then $30 on Boxing Day.

#20 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

I'd still prefer $10, and let Wal-Mart take the hit, than $30 on Boxing Day (on which I might be out of the country anyway).

And PlayStation marketing is just strange. For some things, they do a fantastic job (say, the Michael ad, which they built on for the All-Stars ad campaign), while for others, they do NO advertising.

The ad campaign could have been awesome: DO YOU LIKE KART RACING? Yeeeah! DO YOU LIKE LBP? Yeeeah! DO YOU LIKE VIOLENT OPEN-WORLD ACTION GAMES*? Yeeah! LBP Karting, in Stores the same day as Halo 4! (because the key to great sales is to go head-to-head with MS).

*LBP does not include violence, an open world, or action... Made by the Creators of Sleeping Dogs!

#21 QuagsireQing

QuagsireQing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I'm not assuming, but I can't give details. Yet.

#22 SoDamShady

SoDamShady

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Wait......your saying a few weeks after this game comes out it will go on sale for cheaper? :-k what kind of crystal ball do you have?

Mind = Blown

#23 king_bronx

king_bronx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

If anyone outside of ON or QC happens to be in FS and see the Harry Potter blu ray Steel book for the 7th movie, part one, please let me know. It's the last one I'm missing and no one in Eastern Canada has it.

#24 saikisen

saikisen

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Mods deleted the topic it seems because it was really hilarious yet pathetic. People alerting head office to the typo, people insulting each other personally, arguing, bickering, and more all over a typo. Really brings out the worst in people when stuff like this happens.

I was actually the one to report the thread to the admin and complain about the video game community on RFD. Its why I prioritize CAG and GAF more, and RFD is a POS.

Its disgusting, most of these people just want to make a quick buck than play video games. They turn who gets the best deal into a competition and hoard hoard hoard.

That topic got derailed and went personal quickly when morality arguments started. 9 pages of bickering and arguing.

It was also funny to watch how virtually every other video game deal site took notice of this (like in this thread) and laugh at RFD, because it is funny. Front and center, that thread will be long remembered to how other Canadian gaming sites look at RFD, a joke.

I still don't know why you believe some honesty exists in that community, 1dvdswapper. You got the attention of the admin a month ago and he hasn't shown any progress in the matter. I brought it up again in suggestions/comments, and some people are convinced that an overhaul is needed over there.

#25 Heartless18

Heartless18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

I was actually the one to report the thread to the admin and complain about the video game community on RFD. Its why I prioritize CAG and GAF more, and RFD is a POS.

Its disgusting, most of these people just want to make a quick buck than play video games. They turn who gets the best deal into a competition and hoard hoard hoard.

That topic got derailed and went personal quickly when morality arguments started. 9 pages of bickering and arguing.

It was also funny to watch how virtually every other video game deal site took notice of this (like in this thread) and laugh at RFD, because it is funny. Front and center, that thread will be long remembered to how other Canadian gaming sites look at RFD, a joke.

I still don't know why you believe some honesty exists in that community, 1dvdswapper. You got the attention of the admin a month ago and he hasn't shown any progress in the matter. I brought it up again in suggestions/comments, and some people are convinced that an overhaul is needed over there.

The only thing I like about RFD is that they're usually the first place to find info on upcoming sales. Fearless (the guy with the incredibly poor English) usually posts Futureshop / Best Buy flyers on Tuesday, complete with scans and requests if someone is looking for something. He seems like a decent enough guy despite being one of the biggest hoarders in Quebec.

Most of the discussion is just pathetic though. Things were turning personal in the Halo 4 thread because some guy thought it would be a good idea to let his kid stay home from school to play Halo tomorrow. Never thought I'd see an Education / Morality debate on a video game forum.

#26 ssmm

ssmm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

The only thing I like about RFD is that they're usually the first place to find info on upcoming sales. Fearless (the guy with the incredibly poor English) usually posts Futureshop / Best Buy flyers on Tuesday, complete with scans and requests if someone is looking for something. He seems like a decent enough guy despite being one of the biggest hoarders in Quebec.

Go to Smart Canucks, they have an extensive and diverse flyer collection there. They also keep expired flyers as well.

#27 Booyakz

Booyakz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Most of the discussion is just pathetic though. Things were turning personal in the Halo 4 thread because some guy thought it would be a good idea to let his kid stay home from school to play Halo tomorrow. Never thought I'd see an Education / Morality debate on a video game forum.

In high school, I was known for skipping school the day of big releases. I'm going to go take a look at said debate now...

#28 poxsc

poxsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

If Q doesn't say how good the deal is by this Thursday, I'm going to price match it at wally world.

#29 Heartless18

Heartless18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

If Q doesn't say how good the deal is by this Thursday, I'm going to price match it at wally world.

Good luck finding a CSR dumb enough to price match an obvious error. I'm sure all Walmarts / Best Buy's have been notified of the correct price and won't be doing any PM's. Your only chance would be to go first thing tomorrow and try to get a PM before Futureshop opens.

#30 poxsc

poxsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Actually I plan to do this before the store close. At those times are the part timers who just want to finish their shift and go home.