BBUY_09ec6b94-4cef-44a6-931f-4397da2f1595_150_BB_110212_POP2_00x1011.jpg

Future Shop

FUTS_3d616cc7-eb86-45d6-b2c8-0ddbc7d6abc1_150_110212_POP_p1_00X1A41011.jpg

FUTS_57f35dc9-8541-431b-8b5a-c49a9fd61d83_150_110212_POP_p2_00x11.jpg

LBP Karting is $59.99

Walmart

Toys R Us

Last edited by a moderator:
OH. EM. GEE. If you price match LBP Karting... That's a terrible, terrible mistake to make.

[quote name='Booyakz']OH. EM. GEE. If you price match LBP Karting... That's a terrible, terrible mistake to make.[/QUOTE]

For sure, but there's no way that will work. I'm sure they will have corrections all over the place. I still think it's insane that something like that can make it all the way to the final print stage without anyone saying anything.

[quote name='Lockescythe']they nerfed the heck out of the trade list at fs finally.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap did they ever!

3ds = 1 game on list , vita same.

Ouch.

I wanted that 60$ card , but i had nsmb2 and SH : Downpour , downpour no longer there...bah!

THanks for flyers but nothing good :/

Uncharted vita is 25 at amazon.ca in case someone wants to do that trade and is mssing one game =P

Mods deleted the topic it seems because it was really hilarious yet pathetic. People alerting head office to the typo, people insulting each other personally, arguing, bickering, and more all over a typo. Really brings out the worst in people when stuff like this happens.

I have a friend that works at Wal-Mart, and he supposes as long as you have a physical flyer, PM-ing should work...

[quote name='CoachHines']Really brings out the worst in people when stuff like this happens.[/QUOTE]

No, just another regular day at RFD.

[quote name='dotCody']No, just another regular day at RFD.[/QUOTE]

A regular work (or lack thereof) day for many there. :lol:

For those wanting LittleBigPlanet Karting on the cheap, but who are unable to price match, hold on for two more weeks. :whistle2:$ By the way, it's currently Trade 2, Get it Free at EB (minimum $15 trade value).

[quote name='poxsc']2 weeks? Is it going to be the same price as Future Shop?[/QUOTE]

Not $9.99, of course, since not even Future Shop will honour that price, but it may be a lot cheaper than $59.99 very soon...

[quote name='QuagsireQing']Not $9.99, of course, since not even Future Shop will honour that price, but it may be a lot cheaper than $59.99 very soon...[/QUOTE]

Do you know something the rest of us don't, or are we just assuming that it'll drop in price quickly?

[quote name='Heartless18']Do you know something the rest of us don't, or are we just assuming that it'll drop in price quickly?[/QUOTE]

How many of you even knew LBP Karting was gonna be out this Tuesday before seeing the weekly flyers? Sony's marketing department consists of monkeys bashing away at Windows 8 tablets.

I'm not commenting on the quality of the game itself but Sony can't market for **** (right up there with Sega) and that is why the game will drop in price in mere weeks.

[quote name='CoachHines']How many of you even knew LBP Karting was gonna be out this Tuesday before seeing the weekly flyers? Sony's marketing department consists of monkeys bashing away at Windows 8 tablets.

I'm not commenting on the quality of the game itself but Sony can't market for **** (right up there with Sega) and that is why the game will drop in price in mere weeks.[/QUOTE]

Poor advertising aside, it's still one of Sony's big titles for the holidays. They'll probably try to squeeze as many sales out at full price before a big drop on Boxing Day. Kinda reminds me of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One last year... virtually no advertising, no price drop leading up to Christmas, then $30 on Boxing Day.

I'd still prefer $10, and let Wal-Mart take the hit, than $30 on Boxing Day (on which I might be out of the country anyway).

And PlayStation marketing is just strange. For some things, they do a fantastic job (say, the Michael ad, which they built on for the All-Stars ad campaign), while for others, they do NO advertising.

The ad campaign could have been awesome: DO YOU LIKE KART RACING? Yeeeah! DO YOU LIKE LBP? Yeeeah! DO YOU LIKE VIOLENT OPEN-WORLD ACTION GAMES*? Yeeah! LBP Karting, in Stores the same day as Halo 4! (because the key to great sales is to go head-to-head with MS).

*LBP does not include violence, an open world, or action... Made by the Creators of Sleeping Dogs!

[quote name='Heartless18']Do you know something the rest of us don't, or are we just assuming that it'll drop in price quickly?[/QUOTE]

I'm not assuming, but I can't give details. Yet.

[quote name='QuagsireQing']Not $9.99, of course, since not even Future Shop will honour that price, but it may be a lot cheaper than $59.99 very soon...[/QUOTE]

Wait......your saying a few weeks after this game comes out it will go on sale for cheaper? :whistle2:k what kind of crystal ball do you have?

Mind = Blown

If anyone outside of ON or QC happens to be in FS and see the Harry Potter blu ray Steel book for the 7th movie, part one, please let me know. It's the last one I'm missing and no one in Eastern Canada has it.

[quote name='CoachHines']Mods deleted the topic it seems because it was really hilarious yet pathetic. People alerting head office to the typo, people insulting each other personally, arguing, bickering, and more all over a typo. Really brings out the worst in people when stuff like this happens.[/QUOTE]

I was actually the one to report the thread to the admin and complain about the video game community on RFD. Its why I prioritize CAG and GAF more, and RFD is a POS.

Its disgusting, most of these people just want to make a quick buck than play video games. They turn who gets the best deal into a competition and hoard hoard hoard.

That topic got derailed and went personal quickly when morality arguments started. 9 pages of bickering and arguing.

It was also funny to watch how virtually every other video game deal site took notice of this (like in this thread) and laugh at RFD, because it is funny. Front and center, that thread will be long remembered to how other Canadian gaming sites look at RFD, a joke.

I still don't know why you believe some honesty exists in that community, 1dvdswapper. You got the attention of the admin a month ago and he hasn't shown any progress in the matter. I brought it up again in suggestions/comments, and some people are convinced that an overhaul is needed over there.

[quote name='saikisen']I was actually the one to report the thread to the admin and complain about the video game community on RFD. Its why I prioritize CAG and GAF more, and RFD is a POS.

Its disgusting, most of these people just want to make a quick buck than play video games. They turn who gets the best deal into a competition and hoard hoard hoard.

That topic got derailed and went personal quickly when morality arguments started. 9 pages of bickering and arguing.

It was also funny to watch how virtually every other video game deal site took notice of this (like in this thread) and laugh at RFD, because it is funny. Front and center, that thread will be long remembered to how other Canadian gaming sites look at RFD, a joke.

I still don't know why you believe some honesty exists in that community, 1dvdswapper. You got the attention of the admin a month ago and he hasn't shown any progress in the matter. I brought it up again in suggestions/comments, and some people are convinced that an overhaul is needed over there.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I like about RFD is that they're usually the first place to find info on upcoming sales. Fearless (the guy with the incredibly poor English) usually posts Futureshop / Best Buy flyers on Tuesday, complete with scans and requests if someone is looking for something. He seems like a decent enough guy despite being one of the biggest hoarders in Quebec.

Most of the discussion is just pathetic though. Things were turning personal in the Halo 4 thread because some guy thought it would be a good idea to let his kid stay home from school to play Halo tomorrow. Never thought I'd see an Education / Morality debate on a video game forum.

[quote name='Heartless18']The only thing I like about RFD is that they're usually the first place to find info on upcoming sales. Fearless (the guy with the incredibly poor English) usually posts Futureshop / Best Buy flyers on Tuesday, complete with scans and requests if someone is looking for something. He seems like a decent enough guy despite being one of the biggest hoarders in Quebec.

[/QUOTE]

Go to Smart Canucks, they have an extensive and diverse flyer collection there. They also keep expired flyers as well.

[quote name='Heartless18']The only thing I like about RFD is that they're usually the first place to find info on upcoming sales. Fearless (the guy with the incredibly poor English) usually posts Futureshop / Best Buy flyers on Tuesday, complete with scans and requests if someone is looking for something. He seems like a decent enough guy despite being one of the biggest hoarders in Quebec.

Most of the discussion is just pathetic though. Things were turning personal in the Halo 4 thread because some guy thought it would be a good idea to let his kid stay home from school to play Halo tomorrow. Never thought I'd see an Education / Morality debate on a video game forum.[/QUOTE]

In high school, I was known for skipping school the day of big releases. I'm going to go take a look at said debate now...

If Q doesn't say how good the deal is by this Thursday, I'm going to price match it at wally world.

[quote name='poxsc']If Q doesn't say how good the deal is by this Thursday, I'm going to price match it at wally world.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding a CSR dumb enough to price match an obvious error. I'm sure all Walmarts / Best Buy's have been notified of the correct price and won't be doing any PM's. Your only chance would be to go first thing tomorrow and try to get a PM before Futureshop opens.

Actually I plan to do this before the store close. At those times are the part timers who just want to finish their shift and go home.

[quote name='poxsc']If Q doesn't say how good the deal is by this Thursday, I'm going to price match it at wally world.[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to say that soon, but I'd encourage you to try for $9.99 at Wal-Mart first, anyways. If they don't take it, then a good deal will be right around the corner.

[quote name='QuagsireQing']I won't be able to say that soon, but I'd encourage you to try for $9.99 at Wal-Mart first, anyways. If they don't take it, then a good deal will be right around the corner.[/QUOTE]

You clearly know something we don't. Seems like you can't give too many details right now... When does that change? I want to know what else will be on sale! ^.^

[quote name='Heartless18'] Fearless (the guy with the incredibly poor English) usually posts Futureshop / Best Buy flyers on Tuesday, complete with scans and requests if someone is looking for something. He seems like a decent enough guy despite being one of the biggest hoarders in Quebec.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Besides the crappy community that guy is everything wrong with the site in my eyes. He hoards, abuses promos and exploits the trade ins, never plays any of the games, makes a quick buck, and hoards some more. Then he follows up by bragging about it in his poor English (when multiple members have proven that he can speak coherent English and type in it).

Before anyone criticizes me, I haven't been trading very long, in fact the only three trade deals I did was to get sleeping dogs (in which I traded in my first 2 ps3 games LBp2 and Arkham City) and then bought TWPGA13 by PMing @ walmart for $20 for LBP vita. Then the other time was for MoH:WF and trading in SH: DP, to get my preorder of all-stars.

I only take what I need, and thats what I believe everyone should do. Of course their are times when some people take an extra or copy or two to save on something else, but this guy. This guy....

Purchasing 50 copies of tin tin and abusing the trade promos, and then purchasing like 20 copies of SH: DP and trading them in for multiple copies of AC3, and the LE of ZoE HD. That's pitiful, disgusting, and shows everything wrong with humankind. I don't care that FS is taking a hit for him, but there is something called limits, he knows none of those. Taking more than he needs for every fucking thing to make a profit. He isin't just a hoarder, hes the epitome of dealers. The worst kind of dealer too, the one that laughs at the community and brags about his dealing. And the community? They are amazed and although there are quite a few who don't like what hes doing, some of them welcome him with open arms for exploiting FS and getting such amazing deals. Some of them wish it was them that got to deal with such clueless FS reps.

[quote name='Heartless18']
Most of the discussion is just pathetic though. Things were turning personal in the Halo 4 thread because some guy thought it would be a good idea to let his kid stay home from school to play Halo tomorrow. Never thought I'd see an Education / Morality debate on a video game forum.[/QUOTE]

That guy is a idiot. I know who you are talking about, and besides the education/morality debate on how he raises his kid, how his kid grows up is none of my concern. The only fact that tripped me out alittle was how he labels certain games trash without even playing them and assumes everything created by sony is a cheap ripoff of Nintendo. That more than enough explains his IQ. That and the fact that him and his kid probably lined up for the midnight launch of Halo 4. Nothing wrong with halo, just something wrong with his priorities.

I don't mean to offend anyone when I post that, but its just been on my mind for a long time when I go to that forum. Alot of adults on that site are narrow minded, and I can clearly see that many of them aren't buying video games to play or enjoy, but many different reasons. Whether its getting the best deal to brag about, hoard in their lust of tangible items, or other reasons, they still never remain happy with what they get.

This is coming from a teenager who enjoys video games as a hobby, or when I got the spare cash to spend. Like I mentioned, a lot of what I wrote is biased so I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this, but get your priorities straight.

The main thing with RFD is morality arguments. Morals don't exist on the site and you are hammered down a lot when you go against something and mention exploiting retailers/ whatever company. I don't understand why some of these people don't straight out pirate whatever they do, because at least with pirates, I don't see them bragging with what they attained.

[quote name='saikisen']Seriously? Besides the crappy community that guy is everything wrong with the site in my eyes. He hoards, abuses promos and exploits the trade ins, never plays any of the games, makes a quick buck, and hoards some more. Then he follows up by bragging about it in his poor English (when multiple members have proven that he can speak coherent English and type in it).

Before anyone criticizes me, I haven't been trading very long, in fact the only three trade deals I did was to get sleeping dogs (in which I traded in my first 2 ps3 games LBp2 and Arkham City) and then bought TWPGA13 by PMing @ walmart for $20 for LBP vita. Then the other time was for MoH:WF and trading in SH: DP, to get my preorder of all-stars.

I only take what I need, and thats what I believe everyone should do. Of course their are times when some people take an extra or copy or two to save on something else, but this guy. This guy....

Purchasing 50 copies of tin tin and abusing the trade promos, and then purchasing like 20 copies of SH: DP and trading them in for multiple copies of AC3, and the LE of ZoE HD. That's pitiful, disgusting, and shows everything wrong with humankind. I don't care that FS is taking a hit for him, but there is something called limits, he knows none of those. Taking more than he needs for every fucking thing to make a profit. He isin't just a hoarder, hes the epitome of dealers. The worst kind of dealer too, the one that laughs at the community and brags about his dealing. And the community? They are amazed and although there are quite a few who don't like what hes doing, some of them welcome him with open arms for exploiting FS and getting such amazing deals. Some of them wish it was them that got to deal with such clueless FS reps.

That guy is a idiot. I know who you are talking about, and besides the education/morality debate on how he raises his kid, how his kid grows up is none of my concern. The only fact that tripped me out alittle was how he labels certain games trash without even playing them and assumes everything created by sony is a cheap ripoff of Nintendo. That more than enough explains his IQ. That and the fact that him and his kid probably lined up for the midnight launch of Halo 4. Nothing wrong with halo, just something wrong with his priorities.

I don't mean to offend anyone when I post that, but its just been on my mind for a long time when I go to that forum. Alot of adults on that site are narrow minded, and I can clearly see that many of them aren't buying video games to play or enjoy, but many different reasons. Whether its getting the best deal to brag about, hoard in their lust of tangible items, or other reasons, they still never remain happy with what they get.

This is coming from a teenager who enjoys video games as a hobby, or when I got the spare cash to spend. Like I mentioned, a lot of what I wrote is biased so I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this, but get your priorities straight.

The main thing with RFD is morality arguments. Morals don't exist on the site and you are hammered down a lot when you go against something and mention exploiting retailers/ whatever company. I don't understand why some of these people don't straight out pirate whatever they do, because at least with pirates, I don't see them bragging with what they attained.[/QUOTE]

Honestly. I agree with you about fearless.. but to me he seems like a troll trying to get attention... so to beat it I just ignore... who's to know for sure if he actually "accomplished" the feats he claims... photos? those can be photoshop.. if not he could've just bought them all and then return them... who knows the guy obviously have too much time on his hands. Well whatever, why get pissed off and mad over people who's trying to get others attention and piss people off? That'll just give in to what they want... the sooner people start to ignore the less they feel they'll have accomplished.

Well all in all, should pity the guy, spends so much time building a virtual all mighty image of himself... while others have a hobby and a life.

[quote name='saikisen']Seriously? Besides the crappy community that guy is everything wrong with the site in my eyes. He hoards, abuses promos and exploits the trade ins, never plays any of the games, makes a quick buck, and hoards some more. Then he follows up by bragging about it in his poor English (when multiple members have proven that he can speak coherent English and type in it).

The main thing with RFD is morality arguments. Morals don't exist on the site and you are hammered down a lot when you go against something and mention exploiting retailers/ whatever company. I don't understand why some of these people don't straight out pirate whatever they do, because at least with pirates, I don't see them bragging with what they attained.[/QUOTE]

Pirates can't make a quick buck off pirating (well they can but that's illegal and will land you in jail). There's nothing wrong with trying to get a good deal on video games because you genuinely enjoy them and $60 isn't feasible for a lot of people. Instead at RFD the mindset is to see who can hoard and scam the most and then gloat about it. Greed, gluttony, sloth, pride, and envy at its finest.

Oh, I wasn't trying to defend Fearless or his hoarding, but he does seem to be one of the few RFDers who will actually try to help people get a deal. Most hoarders that I've seen in person are middle aged Chinese men who resell their haul at mom & pop shops or flea markets and wouldn't give you the time of day.

Look, we can all agree that those hoarders are jackasses, but the bottom line is, that's how capitalism works.

If people can put minimal effort into buying unlimited copies of a product at a low price and converting them into either cash or a product that's worth more, then they're going to do it.

If a guy can buy up 100 copies of a game that's been priced down to $20 and trade them in for something worth $60, or sell them through on eBay for $40, with minimal effort, no amount of community- or subculture-enforced morality is going to stop that.

Sadly, for the rest of us, it just means we're going to have to work harder or get lucky to get the best deals and there's not much else we can do about it.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Look, we can all agree that those hoarders are jackasses, but the bottom line is, that's how capitalism works.

If people can put minimal effort into buying unlimited copies of a product at a low price and converting them into either cash or a product that's worth more, then they're going to do it.

If a guy can buy up 100 copies of a game that's been priced down to $20 and trade them in for something worth $60, or sell them through on eBay for $40, with minimal effort, no amount of community- or subculture-enforced morality is going to stop that.

Sadly, for the rest of us, it just means we're going to have to work harder or get lucky to get the best deals and there's not much else we can do about it.[/QUOTE]

This, i agree with. If we pose a question of the morality of hoarding games to sell them for a profit, we may as well question our entire society (and perhaps we should). Bottom line, it's not illegal, and there's no regulation.

To be honest, if I had that much free time, I'd probably do the same. After learning how to program and speak Japanese, of course. And after clearing up my gaming back catalogue. So... Never.

bread's done
Back