PS3/360 at TRU - $12 Batman: Arkham City, $8 FFXIII-2, $8 Rage, $16 Lollipop Chainsaw

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Great price on vanilla Batman Arkham City. I'll have to see if I can find some toys for my son, because $5.28 shipping for one item kills the deal for me.

The deal is 20$ off all clearance games which for whatever reason the doorbuster games fall into that catagory (except AC3)

So it's also $16 for Lollipop Chainsaw, $32 for Rock Smith, $8 for NFS: The Run, $16 for Battlefield 3, etc

Is this valid in store? Shipping kills it.

[quote name='bobphone']Why's shop runner not working for free shipping?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's ever worked on games.

I've been meaning to pick up Arkham City again, but I think I'll hold out until Black Friday and hope the GOTY goes for cheap. I can't imagine XIII-2 will go much lower though.

Toys R Us clearance prices end in an 8 or 0, which causes them to work for this. Kinda surprised they let that slip through, but it's only 2 days or so, right?

Dang. I already have all of these games but for $8 I would pick up another copy of FF13-2 to play it again on PS3. Shipping and tax pretty much kills it though.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah shipping definitely kills this bad. TRU is terrible with Shoprunner.[/QUOTE]What's the problem with it? I was thinking about getting a Shoprunner trial for this deal.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']What's the problem with it? I was thinking about getting a Shoprunner trial for this deal.[/QUOTE]

Shoprunner not valid with video games.

[quote name='Hachi88']Does anyone know if you can price match these games in Target with their B2G1 promotion?[/QUOTE]
Why would you bother? At those prices, it'd end up being the free game.

Unless you want to get 2 games at the special price, but I'm guessing that's going to be a huge YMMV.

[quote name='dohdough']Why would you bother? At those prices, it'd end up being the free game.

Unless you want to get 2 games at the special price, but I'm guessing that's going to be a huge YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking price match batman AC, FFXII-2, and Lollipop Chainsaw. And with their B2G1, I might end up getting FFXII-2 for free...

[quote name='Hachi88']I was thinking price match batman AC, FFXII-2, and Lollipop Chainsaw. And with their B2G1, I might end up getting FFXII-2 for free...[/QUOTE]
Gotcha...personally, I'd just order from TRU to save myself the hassle of trying to find a Target with all 3 games to try and PM.

Also there are a whole bunch of games on sale besides those listed in the OP.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3999924

edit: Batman isn't sold anymore by Target unless you magically find it in-store. It's possible since I found FF13 at one of them earlier and it isn't sold though their site.

Successful price match of :ps3: FFXIII-2 at Target for $8.00.

Wouldn't call it painless...as mentioned the price in the cart is $8 whereas the site says $10. Target's holiday price match policy states that you can show them your mobile phone or they can look it up. I showed them, but the CS worker insisted that they have to look it up. She dug around for an iPad they have for this and loaded up some Target-specific price match application. She apologized as this was the first time they had done one, and was having troubles. Meanwhile I'm thinking "shoot, they'll see $10, rather than the $8 of my in-cart screen on my phone".

She monkeyed with it for a minute and struggled to get the correct game page to show up. She proceeded to just look at my phone anyways, and gave me the $8 price. I was happy to get the price match, but if they look up EVERY item themselves, their could be issues on Black Friday. I also had to go to cust. service, rather than buying at the elec. counter. I sure hope this is more streamlined as the weeks go on.

It says that if you have a TRU credit card, your order will be shipped free (up to $20 shipping credit, excludes big items and video game hardware). Well, it doesn't work :whistle2:(

Batman AC is tempting but the tax and shipping kills it, so I'm just gonna hope for Batman AC GOTY 20$ or lower on Black Friday.

I went to Target and and pm'ed FFXIII-2 for $10 on PS3, didn't even bother going by Toys R Us because I can't stand our game section. At my Target they of course make it mandatory to use the ipad to look it up.

Didn't bother doing b2g1 free at Target because I wasn't sure what else to get. Went across the street to Best Buy though to use my b2g1 free from my welcome packet, so got Halo 4 and CoD BO 2 (pre-ordered and had to pay in full) along with Kingdom Hearts for 3DS for free (since they limited the free game to $39.99).

Don't trust the website, mine said my local toys r us was out of stock on a few of these games but when I went there they had a large pile of them. Picked up Lollipop chainsaw and FFXIII-2.

i tried to pm FFXIII-2 and AC3 at bb and they said they couldn't PM FFXIII-2 because it was a different verion (tried to get the novella version since it was the only one they had... and i wanted it) and they said if i pmed AC3 i would lose on my promotion but i did it anyway since i remember someone saying u can still get the $20 credit even with pm

[quote name='malik61798']i dont know if i should buy batman arkhamm city and dlc seperately or by GOTY edition. Which one is better?[/QUOTE]

Cheaper route is getting the GOTY if you don't have any of the DLC. Wait for Black Friday. I see a $20-30 sale for the GOTY Edition.

[quote name='exaznkid']i tried to pm FFXIII-2 and AC3 at bb and they said they couldn't PM FFXIII-2 because it was a different verion (tried to get the novella version since it was the only one they had... and i wanted it) and they said if i pmed AC3 i would lose on my promotion but i did it anyway since i remember someone saying u can still get the $20 credit even with pm[/QUOTE]

When pm, u still get the $20 cert. if u preorder and pick up AC3. That BB employee dont know what they are talking about. Also, I was able to pm Ff13-2 with novella booklet for $10. U should have explained that its the same thing. (Show them that CE is $39.99 and $9.99 for regular at toys r us)

[quote name='The Punisher']When pm, u still get the $20 cert. if u preorder and pick up AC3. That BB employee dont know what they are talking about. Also, I was able to pm Ff13-2 with novella booklet for $10. U should have explained that its the same thing. (Show them that CE is $39.99 and $9.99 for regular at toys r us)[/QUOTE]

I figured as much but arguing with them was probably going to get me nowhere since the UPC of the novella version is different from the standard edition

Dang....

The shipping and tax kill the deal. I'm not paying $25.XX for Lollipop Chainsaw. I have a feeling I'll see some Black Friday deals with Lollipop Chainsaw included.

bread's done
Back