ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=96661

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=96805
Shooting begins Early next year!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ooooooohhhh Mamma Topanga!! Come to Butthead!

update 1/28/13: they found HER!!!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/cory-and-topangas-daughter-cast-for-girl-meets-world

rowan-blanchard-girl-meets-world.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ITDEFX']He's still alive..........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Daniels

however what part can he play to their daughter?[/QUOTE]

Her teacher, obviously.

I'm VERY skeptical about this. Boy Meets World is my favorite show of all-time and I'd even go as far as saying I'm a superfan. It's to the point where I literally know every word of every episode and I'm not joking when I say that.

I feel like this could be a huge flop, but it will definitely turn out better if they end up getting some of the original cast, purely for the nostalgia. That being said, Disney is nowhere near as good as it used to be, so I don't have the highest of hopes. I will, however, be stalking this show like a hawk.

[quote name='lokizz']could be interesting but i guess that means theyre no longer in nyc?[/QUOTE]
Where was that implied? What does them having a daughter have to do with where they live?

[quote name='Tsel']Her teacher, obviously.

I'm VERY skeptical about this. Boy Meets World is my favorite show of all-time and I'd even go as far as saying I'm a superfan. It's to the point where I literally know every word of every episode and I'm not joking when I say that.

I feel like this could be a huge flop, but it will definitely turn out better if they end up getting some of the original cast, purely for the nostalgia. That being said, Disney is nowhere near as good as it used to be, so I don't have the highest of hopes. I will, however, be stalking this show like a hawk.

Where was that implied? What does them having a daughter have to do with where they live?[/QUOTE]

at the end of the series Shaun, topanga, corey and eric went to nyc ( topanga got a job offer there).

I don't see why not. It's not like the actors have anything better to do. I could see the sequel being at least watchable compared to the rest of today's crap.

I agree. Why not? The actors are still kinda young, they're in their early 30s. It kinda blows my mind that they were at least five years older than I am, and I was just a snot nosed kid when I watched the show in syndication.

[quote name='ITDEFX']wait... isn't topanga pregnant with a boy at the end of the series?[/QUOTE]
No, Topanga was never pregnant in the show. There was an episode where everyone confused her weight gain for her being pregnant, but that was it. It was pretty obvious that they wanted kids at one point, but they never went through with it during the show.

Cory's mom did have another boy, so you may be thinking of that.
[quote name='lokizz']at the end of the series Shaun, topanga, corey and eric went to nyc ( topanga got a job offer there).[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you said that you guess that means they won't be in NYC anymore. What does that have to do with anything? Just because they have a kid means they can't live in NYC?

[quote name='Tsel']Her teacher, obviously.[/QUOTE]

Ummm...........but didn't get become like the principal of the school they went to and eventually a college professor then retired?

Also............whatever happened to the younger sister of Cory?

A. This is a weird decision.

B. The show had a serious bell curve in quality, to my memory. Haven't seen most of it in years, although I did rewatch season 1 and part of season 2 before deciding I could no longer stand it.

C. It's Disney. They censored the original, so don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ummm...........but didn't get become like the principal of the school they went to and eventually a college professor then retired?

Also............whatever happened to the younger sister of Cory?[/QUOTE]

It was a joke based on the running gag that no matter what, Mr. Feeney was always a teacher of sorts in Cory's life. He was his elementary school teacher, then he was his high school principal, but still taught occasionally. He retired and then attended Pennbrook where he eventually became a professor there as well. I'm fairly positive he never actually retired and he remained a professor for the rest of the show.

If you mean after the show, I'm assuming she just led a normal life. If you're referring to the episodes where she was practically non-existent, they switched actors and she eventually returned, only this time much more sarcastic and witty. She was in a bunch of different episodes, but never had much of a role. She was even in the final episode when everyone said their goodbyes.

I just remember the cheesy (and self-explanatory) theme song. And for the fact the other kid (Shaun?) dated a black girl for half the show.

[quote name='Tsel']No, Topanga was never pregnant in the show. There was an episode where everyone confused her weight gain for her being pregnant, but that was it. It was pretty obvious that they wanted kids at one point, but they never went through with it during the show.

Cory's mom did have another boy, so you may be thinking of that.

Yes, but you said that you guess that means they won't be in NYC anymore. What does that have to do with anything? Just because they have a kid means they can't live in NYC?[/QUOTE]

if theyre going to bring the show back chances are it will be set in the old town and if feeny is still a part of it my guess is hed be retired but hed live next door to corey and his family ( maybe in the house his parents owned or a diff one). these are all assumptions we wont know anything till they tell us more or show us. i personally hope they go back to their old town.

[quote name='lokizz']if theyre going to bring the show back chances are it will be set in the old town and if feeny is still a part of it my guess is hed be retired but hed live next door to corey and his family ( maybe in the house his parents owned or a diff one). these are all assumptions we wont know anything till they tell us more or show us. i personally hope they go back to their old town.[/QUOTE]

I just don't see how you got to that assumption at all. It's going to focus on their daughter, not Cory's parents. If they do everything the old way, it'd be no different than a new season of Boy Meets World. I'd be all for that, but I don't think it makes much sense.

I guess if you're over a certain age the positive feelings for BMW in this thread will blow your mind. Saved By The Bell is another one. Oh well, carry on.

saved by the bell just got worse with age and after that black chick mentioned how one of the guys in the cast tried to date rape her or something i couldnt watch the show anymore. zach got to nail everything ( including slaters sister) slater got a few sloppy seconds and screech watched.

This is an amazing idea. I don't even care if it's terrible. More shows need to do this. It's better than a reunion. Bring the show back after 15-20 years and see how the characters have grown up. I know everybody wants Mr. Feeny in it...but logistically, it really doesn't make any sense...and it wouldn't really be essential to the new show. Getting Ben Savage and Danielle Fischel would be though. Without them, it might as well be any other new Disney show for tweens. I'd be surprised if they got Will Friedle, Rider Strong, etc. as regulars...but some cameo appearances would be awesome.

Honestly, I'll be impressed if this show just actually sees the light of day. This idea just seems way too good to be true. The world isn't a good enough place for this kind of thing to actually materialize, lol. It just seems like the kind of thing that is destined to be a hoax. Even the article gives off that kind of vibe.

As for comparing Boy Meets World to Saved By the Bell, I loved SBtB, but episodes of Looney Tunes had more coherence and continuity. SBtB was like Barney for teens. Looking back at it, I really don't get the point of the show. It was way too corny for high schoolers to watch, but the subject matter really didn't relate to a younger crowd either. It was just such an odd fit for a show. I don't know how it ever worked.

if feeny werent in it then they should make shaun the new feeny. with all the shit he went through growing up who better to guide a kid through the obstacles of life.

[quote name='lokizz']if feeny werent in it then they should make shaun the new feeny. with all the shit he went through growing up who better to guide a kid through the obstacles of life.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea, but I actually think Eric would be a better fit for it. He'd be a little older, and really, he had one of the closest relationships with Mr. Feeny anyway. It would be pretty cool to see that he decided to become a teacher so he could give back in the same way. But like I said, beyond Cory and Topanga, I'd be pleasantly shocked if they got any more old cast members as regulars.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I like that idea, but I actually think Eric would be a better fit for it. He'd be a little older, and really, he had one of the closest relationships with Mr. Feeny anyway. It would be pretty cool to see that he decided to become a teacher so he could give back in the same way. But like I said, beyond Cory and Topanga, I'd be pleasantly shocked if they got any more old cast members as regulars.[/QUOTE]

true either guy would do the role justice but at the very least i hope the main 4 show up in the show as regulars.

So... what no one has asked ..."Who will play the daughter?" I would not be surprised if they [T&P] have 3 kids. I also have this weird feeling that their daughter will act like T during her first year of the show.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So... what no one has asked ..."Who will play the daughter?"[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone ask that question?

The troll is strong in Danielle Fishel

[quote name='@daniellefishel']Just want you guys to know that @BenSavage and I have talked and we've decided...Thanksgiving is going to be delicious this year! [/quote]

Yes. Even if it gets canceled after 1 season...at least they tried. Of all the sequels I never saw this coming, but it makes the most sense. C&T would be old enough now to have a child in their pre-teens and so long as C&T aren't *too* over-the-top, I think it would be great.

Add in a few guest appearances from Cory's parents, Eric, Shawn, and Mr. Feeny and I think they have a chance.

It will be interesting to see how the kids of today will react to it. I liked it when I was growing up, but it's pretty obvious that they're not making it for me.

Interesting... Add me to the list of people that loved this show growing up. We shall see how this turns out, but after seeing this it's definitely been long enough for them to do some type of a reunion or something.

As for returning characters, let's not forget that Will Friedle has done a lot of work for Disney, so he may not be such a long shot in becoming one of the returnees.

[quote name='Mixer236']
As for returning characters, let's not forget that Will Friedle has done a lot of work for Disney, so he may not be such a long shot in becoming one of the returnees.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that he is/was the new batman in batman beyond.

[quote name='Tsel']It was a joke based on the running gag that no matter what, Mr. Feeney was always a teacher of sorts in Cory's life. He was his elementary school teacher, then he was his high school principal, but still taught occasionally. He retired and then attended Pennbrook where he eventually became a professor there as well. I'm fairly positive he never actually retired and he remained a professor for the rest of the show.

If you mean after the show, I'm assuming she just led a normal life. If you're referring to the episodes where she was practically non-existent, they switched actors and she eventually returned, only this time much more sarcastic and witty. She was in a bunch of different episodes, but never had much of a role. She was even in the final episode when everyone said their goodbyes.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that they quasi broke the fourth wall when the new actress took over the role when she said "That was the longest time out I've ever had!". That scene always killed me lol

But I hope they make this. I used to wait all week for TGIF and Family Matters, Boy Meets World, and Step by Step (wish they would put that on dvd all ready). One of the few good childhood memories I have.

Reminds me too, I need to finish backing up my dvds of Boy Meets World. Only have ripped the first 3 seasons. Thank god Best Buy had the entire series for like 7 bucks a season last Black Friday!

[quote name='KaneRobot']"Topanga" is a stupid name.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the writers had her in mind to be part of the main cast...... I think they just had her be that weird girl...but I guess when she hit puberty, the writers decided to change her character...thank god...but yeah I wish they would have changed her name..............maybe make her Topanga name her middle and make up a real first name.

I'm very interested in this....loved the show growing up. Add me to the list wanting to see Eric come back as well, he was always my favorite.

Is it just me or are they making it so Cory and Topanga are rather... old? Assuming they had children immediately after the show ended, and they have a 14 year old son, that would make them at least 34 years old. I mean I guess the actual actors are 31-32, but I think the kids would've been better if they were 11-12, just like the kids when Boy Meets World started.

[quote name='Tsel']Is it just me or are they making it so Cory and Topanga are rather... old? Assuming they had children immediately after the show ended, and they have a 14 year old son, that would make them at least 34 years old. I mean I guess the actual actors are 31-32, but I think the kids would've been better if they were 11-12, just like the kids when Boy Meets World started.[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't worry about it...they can always change it.

bread's done
Back