Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#3301 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

I just got the Wednesday paper here in Saint Louis and the Target ad definitely has the 1600 point card for $10...

Thanks a bunch!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#3302 YOUR BASE

YOUR BASE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Does the PS3 bundle come with physical copies of the games or download vouchers?

#3303 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Will the Forza $15 deal be at Walmart.com too?? I don't want to get trampled trying to get it!

#3304 Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Has anybody pinned down what time Gamestop will open Thurs. night/Fri. morning? Didn't see it in the first post/wiki. Thanks for any info, sorry if I missed it!

Edit: Found a scan of their ad, says "Over 3,000 stores open at midnight on 11/23!"

Small print below that says "Remaining stores open at 5 am on 11/23/12"

#3305 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

I am shooting for the iPod touch 5th gen, I was going to get an iPhone 4 and use it as an iPod touch but then I realized you need the sim card from the iPhone in order to use it as an iPod touch, and I think the sim card has to be one that was previously activated on that iPhone. Needless to say this will be almost impossible to fulfill without having problems (using an iPhone 4 as an iPod touch, a used iPhone 4 that previously belonged to another person) so I guess now I am shooting for the 5th gen touch.

I wouldn't even be buying this if my 4th gen didn't suck as much as it does, you can barely type on it anymore and almost every app crashes after using it for a few seconds. Battery life when using apps and games is incredibly abysmal (remind me never to buy a device that has 2-3 hour battery life again that includes the 3DS and Wii U's gamepad) because it goes a lot faster than you think it does.

#3306 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Just put two games on layaway at Walmart. Lets see what happens on Friday.

#3307 247

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

^ you dont need a sim, jailbreak it and it should work fine or unlock it. Amazon warehouse has them used for like $200

#3308 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Well it looks like Ill be hunting a tv from BB tonight. My tv literally just had a black bar cut right through it. Good timing I guess lol.

#3309 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Yeah I know about the jailbreak however I really don't want to be messing with that stuff and since I have gift cards to pay for this iPod it would be cheaper for me and I would have a device that actually works.

#3310 cashisking

cashisking

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Is there a list of the "coming soon" sales at best buy, like last year? When I click the link on the ad it brings me back to the black Friday ad.

#3311 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Anyone remember what time Target started their online Black Friday deals last year? Was it midnight East Coast time last year? They've got some stuff I need to buy the kids.

#3312 Heartlesss

Heartlesss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Does the PS3 bundle come with physical copies of the games or download vouchers?

I believe it's physical. But one of them are voucher dlc for Infamous Vestival of Blood.

#3313 EliteMilkman

EliteMilkman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Is anyone familiar with how fast games go at Walmart on Black Friday? I want to pick Forza Horizon and XCOM, but I want to know if I stand a chance of getting it outside of waiting for the doors to open at 8.
“The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”

CAG in the Shell

#3314 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

I am at Target right now and they already have the holiday bundles for sale. Don't know if the price is correct though
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#3315 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Is anyone familiar with how fast games go at Walmart on Black Friday? I want to pick Forza Horizon and XCOM, but I want to know if I stand a chance of getting it outside of waiting for the doors to open at 8.

I have two Walmart's near me. One is a super Walmart. The super Walmart - pffft don't even fucking bother. It took half an hour for me to wade to electronics in the back of the store, waded around electronics until I saw nothing was left, then spend half an hour wading back out of the store. The other Walmart had 2 or 3 games left, but that was because someone abandoned them at checkout. If you're really lucky you might be able to get what you want but you'll probably have to wait in line for half an hour to an hour minimum. Or you could RUN as soon as you get inside the store.

#3316 recklesscognition

recklesscognition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Is there a list of the "coming soon" sales at best buy, like last year? When I click the link on the ad it brings me back to the black Friday ad.

If you go to the actual site and navigate through to PS3 or XBOX or whatever, then all the deals that will be online tonight are greyed out, the ones with no deals tonight are yellow.

#3317 bsutton1

bsutton1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Hello all! Black Friday/Holiday lurker here. haha
In regards to the "getting the game out of the case" strategy at Wal-Mart, I had a crazy experience with that last year. One of the games I went after last year that was on sale was the Arkham City/Arkham Asylum combo pack. I wasn't able to get it when it went on sale due to the chaotic crowd grabbing games right and left. I went to electronics and found it in the case. The lady at the register told me that it was full price and it was different from the ones that were on sale. I argued with her about how rediculous this was but I got no where. I left the store without AC/AA. I came back the next day, Black Friday, in the afternoon. I talked a different rep in electronics about the AC/AA in the case listed as a Black Friday sale item. He rung it up at the Black Friday sale price which was $30 I think. I ended up getting what I wanted anyway.
It doesn't hurt to try it. You may get lucky, you may not.
This year, I'm after Fall of Cybertron ($25), Uncharted 3 ($15), and LA Noire ($10). I'm going to go to Electronics early to see if I can get those games and hoping that the BF sales price rings up on them.

Good Luck Everybody!

#3318 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

LOL Halo Wars is going to be on a special deal. I bet 8 bucks. I liked that game but damn they waited a long time.

#3319 247

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Yeah I know about the jailbreak however I really don't want to be messing with that stuff and since I have gift cards to pay for this iPod it would be cheaper for me and I would have a device that actually works.

Yea if you don't need a phone then the iPod touch is a better deal.

#3320 swim83

swim83

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

My Wal-Mart is remaining open 24 hours, but there's a catch. The games are located in cardboard box displays that you'd see DVD's in that are tightly wrapped. You chill by these clusters and wait for an associate to open them, or until the mob begins ripping them open themselves. Last year I had a spot in front of the box of "good" games an hour before opening.

#3321 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

When I refresh the page at Best Buy (for AC Revelations, but I'm sure it's for every game), I get an error saying "this page has a redirect loop." Does anyone else get this? I really want AC Revelations for $8, but it won't happen with this annoying error.

#3322 conanedogawa

conanedogawa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will Gamestop's 30% towards select games and 25% on 2 or more games traded in stack?

#3323 spunXtain

spunXtain

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm confused on the Amazon lightning deals.. there are things up that aren't on the schedule at all. Like right now it has some 3ds games that were on the schedule for Tuesday night, not tonight.

#3324 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

nothing special about the b2g1 used games on Gamestop..

#3325 GORILMONSTA

GORILMONSTA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

not that many vita sales
Posted Image

#3326 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Seriously does anybody know if Fall of Cybertron is for the PS3 as well at Walmart?

#3327 prence

prence

Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

I'm not sure how this Thursday Microsoft Store thing works. I called the store (Boston/Prudential location) and they said they aren't opening until Friday. Does this mean that the deals are online or what?

I'd love to snag NFS and RE:6 for those prices.
Remote parties restarted the matchmaking process.

#3328 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

nothing special about the b2g1 used games on Gamestop..

Except for the part where it was B1G1 :booty:

#3329 Izzyrocks

Izzyrocks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm not sure how this Thursday Microsoft Store thing works. I called the store (Boston/Prudential location) and they said they aren't opening until Friday. Does this mean that the deals are online or what?

I'd love to snag NFS and RE:6 for those prices.

There are laws in Mass about being open on holidays so the deal will be in store that Friday instead.
XBLA/PSN/Raptr/Twitter: RabidGummiBear

#3330 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

Every cag who puts shit on layaway at Walmart just for the sole purpose of hoarding it vs. showing up during the sale and hunting it, even after its been proven as a method that doesn't work year-after-year, are only fucking over each other by constricting stock levels.