Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#3391 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

So have someone potentially die to save time? Humans can barely manage to be civil in a line during other times of the year.. And you want them to behave in a free for all...

LAWSUIT....

Sure, you could have employees hand out games to individual customers. Only at a certain point someone isn't going to get the game they want. Then comes the cussing out of the poor sap that's making minimum wage and working on a holiday. Then customers start to argue in the line, then you have the same issue that you originaly tried to avoid.

At this point it's gotta be expected. When you swim with sharks don't go crying when you get eaten.

#3392 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Anyone know of a Home Theatre system from Sony for under $300?

#3393 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

So have someone potentially die to save time? Humans can barely manage to be civil in a line during other times of the year.. And you want them to behave in a free for all...

LAWSUIT....

First of all.. settle down, I don't run Walmart. I don't know where you live, but the Walmart I work at is always fine on Black Friday. I think you need to chill out a little bit, I was answering the man's question for him and explaining how my store did it last year.

#3394 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

So do I just stand around the thing early and try to see through the plastic what I want and when they open it I say "excuse me excuse me" and there you go...

Any one of you two know if Fall of Cybertron is also on sale for PS3?
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#3395 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

First of all.. settle down, I don't run Walmart. I don't know where you live, but the Walmart I work at is always fine on Black Friday. I think you need to chill out a little bit, I was answering the man's question for him and explaining how my store did it last year.

I can't chill!!!! And mine is Springfield PA Walmart.

#3396 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

So do I just stand around the thing early and try to see through the plastic what I want and when they open it I say "excuse me excuse me" and there you go...

Any one of you two know if Fall of Cybertron is also on sale for PS3?

You don't say "excuse me", you just start spraying pepper spray so people scatter.

At least that's what they did at my local Walmart last year. ;)

#3397 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

I wished Newegg would jump on the $200 PS3 Holiday Bundle bandwagon. They have it on their website but the deals are already out and it's $270. I have a Shoprunner trial going and I don't feel like braving the crowds for a PS3 before they run out of stock. I would rather just come later after on Friday and pick up a few games at Walmart and Gamestop.

#3398 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

You don't say "excuse me", you just start spraying pepper spray so people scatter.

At least that's what they did at my local Walmart last year. ;)

Talking about that chick who spray it and got charged by the police and arrested? When I got my PS3 slim in 2009 people waited in line and got to the electronics desk and told them what they wanted.

#3399 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

I can't chill!!!! And mine is Springfield PA Walmart.

I'm actually on the other side of PA, but we have so many employees working and managers on the floor that things are always calm

#3400 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Talking about that chick who spray it and got charged by the police and arrested? When I got my PS3 slim in 2009 people waited in line and got to the electronics desk and told them what they wanted.

I had gotten my slim at bestbuy and that was organized.

#3401 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

I'm actually on the other side of PA, but we have so many employees working and managers on the floor that things are always calm

If I die you want my gundam dvd collection?

#3402 recklesscognition

recklesscognition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

In case any of you have been living in a cave for a year or two, looks like BB will have LA Noire for less than 10 bucks, probably 7.99. Fallout 3 GOTY, Super Street Fighter IV, Saints Row 2, Green Lantern, Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days, Skate 3, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, UFC 2010 GOTY, COD 3, and Lost Planet 2 may also be under $10. Dead Rising 2 might also be 9.99.

#3403 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Do the Best Buy sales take effect online at midnight EST?

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#3404 isr34l

isr34l

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

In case any of you have been living in a cave for a year or two, looks like BB will have LA Noire for less than 10 bucks, probably 7.99. Fallout 3 GOTY also.

Is it the Complete Edition of L.A. Noire?

#3405 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Do the Best Buy sales take effect online at midnight EST?

Last year it was like 5am eastern.

#3406 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

looks like it's the newest version of Saints Row 3 that'll be cheap. great great game, don't know about the DLC though.

#3407 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

In case any of you have been living in a cave for a year or two, looks like BB will have LA Noire for less than 10 bucks, probably 7.99. Fallout 3 GOTY, Super Street Fighter IV, Saints Row 2, Green Lantern, Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days, Skate 3, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, UFC 2010 GOTY, COD 3, and Lost Planet 2 may also be under $10. Dead Rising 2 might also be 9.99.

Where did you find this?

#3408 recklesscognition

recklesscognition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Also see Saints Row: The Third — The Full Package will be on sale at BB, all those I just listed are blacked out now and not listed in the OP

#3409 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

if you sort the games by "coming soon" it'll show you a good amount of games, most of which have been shown to be in the sale. maybe some are just coming soon because they normally are like COD3, but for the most part it seems to be accurate: http://www.bestbuy.c...pe=listing&gf=y

#3410 recklesscognition

recklesscognition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

Where did you find this?

I just went through all of their PS3 lineup and noted all games that are now labeled "Coming Soon".

The Saints Row is listed as coming soon and 49.99, so it might be a 29.99 game in a few hours. It comes with 3 download packs.

#3411 recklesscognition

recklesscognition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Is it the Complete Edition of L.A. Noire?

Just regular edition.

#3412 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

If so then bb is bringing the hotness with pricing on some of these.

#3413 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Last year it was like 5am eastern.

Those monsters! If I were on the East Coast I would just wake up at 5 but on the West Coast I'm stuck having to stay up until 2am. Oof.

#3414 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Any other retailer having a sale on Dead or Alive 5 besides GameStop?

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#3415 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Those monsters! If I were on the East Coast I would just wake up at 5 but on the West Coast I'm stuck having to stay up until 2am. Oof.

Now you know how we feel about those damn amazon sales that are PST!!!!

#3416 Yeahman

Yeahman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

This may have been answered but this thread is too massive to search through.

Has Wal-mart said when they the prices go up online? What has wal-mart done in past years.

Thanks

#3417 crax

crax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm on the west coast. Ass is plopped in front of the computer and WILL be until these things go live. If it's another 6 hours then so be it.

#3418 mwhatim

mwhatim

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Long time viewer of CAG, first time poster, so forgive the newbie if i am doing this wrong or posted it in the wrong place.

KMART must have gone live with online prices early. I'm on the east coast if it matters.
I just bought Max Payne 3 PS3 for 8.99 at Kmart.
Dishonored for PS3 also showed up on sale price $29.

****note: you may have to put the item in your cart and proceed through a few steps of the checkout before you'll see the price shift to the sale price.

Saved me a trip (and spared me the madness).

Edited by mwhatim, 22 November 2012 - 04:54 AM.
Grammar goof/added note

#3419 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

I'd much rather 2am, you lucky west coaster. Even if I set an alarm for 5am, there's no way I can shake my comatose state till around 10.

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#3420 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Cmon BB and Microsoft Store....get the deals online!