- - - - -

Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#3511 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

the sku is different, he bought the trilogy collection lol

lol yup. Where abouts in NJ are ya from?
Posted Image

#3512 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

lol yup. Where abouts in NJ are ya from?

a good ways south from you

#3513 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

NJ gamers unite!

#3514 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Didn'tthink you were lying, but it looks like you bought the killzone trilogy, NOT the controller bundle. I checked, you def bought the trilogy by itself. The SKU for the controller bundle is: 6901675

Damn it, you're right. Truly deserving of my name status of CAG newbie, I canceled and thanks for the heads up. Sorry, again. I just rushed through the order process seeing the add to cart symbol and the price looked right.

Been lurking around for probably a year now, not exactly making the best impression lmao. Oh well, sorry again

Edited by forthenguyen, 22 November 2012 - 05:37 AM.
absdf

#3515 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Honestly, I've never had much trouble with Wal-Mart. Granted, the crowds are enormous, and you have to fight through people, but you'll get what you want. Most people are there for appliances and housewares, not video games or movies.

not true, I went to Walmart last year and arrived 10 minutes before the deals where supposed to start, there already was a huge a crowd all around the video game cardboard display. I couldn't push my way in I could only watch people fight over various game from the distance, once they were gone I went over to have a closer look only to see pieces of torn cardboard littered across the floor, no a single game was left

533740.png

#3516 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Honestly, I've never had much trouble with Wal-Mart. Granted, the crowds are enormous, and you have to fight through people, but you'll get what you want. Most people are there for appliances and housewares, not video games or movies.

I'll second that, and I never went right as the deals started. I wander in an hour or so after and look through the "rubble". Last year I got Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain with no issues after finding them on top of some cereal.

I went back to one later that night and there was NOTHING left. So it's more of going a little late, but not TOO late.

Best Buy always has everything for the most part, and Gamestop is no issues at all, ever.

#3517 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Damn it, you're right. Truly deserving of my name status of CAG newbie, I canceled and thanks for the heads up. Sorry, again. I just rushed through the order process seeing the add to cart symbol and the price looked right.

no need to apologize friend, we CAGs have to lookout for one another
Posted Image

#3518 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

fuuuu missed max payne...I was placing my AZ order. I forgot about the $5/$25 credit and almost lost it.

#3519 Solomon87

Solomon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

I just ordered Max Payne 3 for ps3 at kmart.com for in-store pick up, i hope this doesn't go bad. I'm holding onto hope that K-mart will put my game up for hold and i can pick it up tomorrow.

#3520 evilsuperman33

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

just so some of you know gamestop has some of their deals online right now.
Posted Image

#3521 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Im just hoping that I get lucky with the Amazon Lightning Deals tomorrow. Hoping for Darksiders II, Dishonored (maybe), GTA 5 XL (maybe), and Lego Batman 2. Got lucky with Prototype 2 CE today.

#3522 Sonne

Sonne

Gamestop is live, kids.

#3523 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Max Payne 3 for $8.54 (before tax+shipping; you can get free shipping if u sign up for their free reward account)

:360:
http://www.kmart.com...8W002806408001P
:ps3:
http://www.kmart.com...=1&blockType=G1

this deal is dead according to several CAGs, shipping is no longer available

533740.png

#3524 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

just so some of you know gamestop has some of their deals online right now.

Unfortunately no white vita bundle, though.

#3525 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Where are all the deals on Vita games!? lol. I figured since NFS is on sale for the consoles, the Vita version would at least drop $10 off the total, but no dice it seems :(
Posted Image

#3526 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Doom and Dishonored seem like the only good deals at GS right now

#3527 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

free shipping code for gamestop?

#3528 starwar1

starwar1

The thing that gripes me most about the Max Payne thing is that the site tells me it's in stock, it can be shipped, let's me put it in my cart and....NOPE!

Get your shit together K-Mart!

#3529 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Just curious does anyone know if Wal-Mart will have free shipping?

#3530 Sonne

Sonne

Unfortunately no white vita bundle, though.

No LIVE subs either so I'm holding off for now. I don't think finding what I want (Doom 3 and two LIVE subs) will be too hard with 4 stores nearby.

#3531 spunXtain

spunXtain

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Is wal-mart.com having anything go up around 3 am est, or do we not know?

#3532 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just curious does anyone know if Wal-Mart will have free shipping?

Last year, i don't think any of the games went on sale at walmart.

#3533 IamPro

IamPro

The thing that gripes me most about the Max Payne thing is that the site tells me it's in stock, it can be shipped, let's me put it in my cart and....NOPE!

Get your shit together K-Mart!

lol its in my damn cart but when I go to checkout it says no mas :roll:

#3534 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

All the Blizz games are discounted except MOP.. I thought it was going to $20??
Willing to trade: RAGE steam key, Brink steam key, Dota2 keys, Metro 2033 steam key.
Want: Xbox stuff, WoW time, any other offers.

#3535 recklesscognition

recklesscognition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

free shipping code for gamestop?

saver, but doesn't look to work with the BF stuff

#3536 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Finally caved and ordered a :ps3: copy of MP3 for in-store pickup.

Looking at the GS sales, it appears that used copies have also been marked down, so you could conceivably get a better deal buying used, especially with PUR (e.g., DoA5 $29.99 new vs. $25.19 used; Doom 3 BFG $19.99 new vs. $17.09 used). Obviously, you have online passes to consider, but the option is still there.

Dumb question: Does this mean the GS sale prices are active in-store now (the non-"Friday only" ones)? It stinks that PickUp@Store is disabled so you can't check store inventory, but I could call around.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3537 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Im just hoping that I get lucky with the Amazon Lightning Deals tomorrow. Hoping for Darksiders II, Dishonored (maybe), GTA 5 XL (maybe), and Lego Batman 2. Got lucky with Prototype 2 CE today.

I'm interested in Dishonored and GT5 as well but its going to be tough to get them, those lightning deals are living up to their name, most of the good games are gone within seconds

533740.png

#3538 spunXtain

spunXtain

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

I'm interested in Dishonored and GT5 as well but its going to be tough to get them, those lightning deals are living up to their name, most of the good games are gone within seconds

I'im hoping to get a Spec-Ops,,, it says Friday morning but so far from what I've seen the schedule is completely wrong? I go on amazon and there are lightning deals going on for stuff that is NOT on the schedule.

#3539 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

saver, but doesn't look to work with the BF stuff

Worked for me. The discount applied on the confirmation screen.

#3540 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Last year, i don't think any of the games went on sale at walmart.

IIRC (I can't remember if it was last year or the year before) all of the advance word was that the Walmart games would NOT go on sale online, and then they did as a surprise.. at least maybe like 2/3rd of the titles. I definitely remember ordering 2-3 of the $10 PS3 games site-to-store.

I'm keeping a browser tab open on walmart.com just in case...