Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#361 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Well hot diggity damn the Walmart ad is looking pretty good. I like that they do their shit early, but everyone there is a fuckin' monster.

#362 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Yeah man, I stay the HELL away from the Walmart/Frys off Aero Drive, but i always drive by there and its funny to see.

I went to the Best Buy in La Mesa last year around 12PM and there was probably 1/4 of the people in comparison to the Mission Valley one, some advice, but I assume youre a BF vet in these parts too...:)

Skip Desert? Yeah right, sadly people are probably going to camp out come Wednesday.

Edit: Just remmebered im doing thanksgiving on Friday night LOL, time to drive out to a desolate walmart at 6pm...

It doesn't help that people park their fucking RVs in the parking lot on Thanksgiving.

Hey, man. I had no idea about the Best Buy in La Mesa. thanks for the tip.

#363 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

http://www.walmart.c...8246860&veh=eml - Got the email sometime tonight but here are the video games. [edit of course this probably been mentioned for all I know]

#364 iham32

iham32

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

looked at the add for hawaii (used hawaii zip code on walmart.com) and the $25 games were $25. hope thats not a mistake as our state is usually included when things are more $$$

#365 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

I'm about to update the front post with everything I could glean from the Wal-Mart ad. There are a few things I couldn't make out/distinguish, so feel free to add to it (especially if the games have "needs confirmation" by them).

EDIT: And done. Hope you guys appreciate the work. :D

EDIT 2:

Don't forget the Walmart deals start at 8 PM Thanksgiving Day

Thanks, that totally flew over my head. I've edited the first post to reflect that as well.

Edited by Jackie Chandler, 08 November 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#366 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm about to update the front post with everything I could glean from the Wal-Mart ad. There are a few things I couldn't make out/distinguish, so feel free to add to it (especially if the games have "needs confirmation" by them).

EDIT: And done. Hope you guys appreciate the work. :D

EDIT 2:

Thanks, that totally flew over my head. I've edited the first post to reflect that as well.

lego batman 2 and lego batman dc heroes are the same thing

#367 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

FIFA 13 360 only?

#368 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

lego batman 2 and lego batman dc heroes are the same thing

Thanks for the info. I don't keep up with the Lego games, so I didn't know. It's fixed now.

FIFA 13 360 only?

I've added a disclaimer underneath the Wal-Mart spoiler about this. I just went off what I saw in the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones shown. If I had to guess though, I'd say all the sports games will be available for both main platforms.

#369 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the info. I don't keep up with the Lego games, so I didn't know. It's fixed now.

I've added a disclaimer underneath the Wal-Mart spoiler about this. I just went off what I saw in the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones shown. If I had to guess though, I'd say all the sports games will be available for both main platforms.

Thank you for your explain. By the way, this is my first bf. does all Walmart video game deal for doorbuster only? Not online? That means I need to go to my local store as soon as possible? Since it starts at 8pm, what time do you suggest me to arrive there in order to buy some games? I am not buying any consoles.

#370 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thank you for your explain. By the way, this is my first bf. does all Walmart video game deal for doorbuster only? Not online? That means I need to go to my local store as soon as possible? Since it starts at 8pm, what time do you suggest me to arrive there in order to buy some games? I am not buying any consoles.

if you live in a big city and your walmart has a food court and a restroom id start camping tomorrow

#371 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Anyone else surprised at the lack of RE6 deals? I mean, i thought for sure they would have it on sale practically everywhere especially with its mixed reviews.

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#372 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

if you live in a big city and your walmart has a food court and a restroom id start camping tomorrow

are you serious..that means I need to camping before the deal start?

#373 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

sadly im not that far off from being serious if you live in a BIG CITY ie chi la miami dallas nyc etc etc then it will be hell on earth

if you live in a smaller city be there early to scope out the layout and camp for the deal to start

if you live in a super small location you should be fine to just walk in and walk out

#374 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

I was trying to find the vid of a couple who camped in front of Best Buy for 2 weeks for a $200 TV. I think it may have been 40".

Edit: Ok. So, it was 12 days and 42"......http://www.abcaction...y-12-days-early

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#375 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

2 weeks is ridiculous and I'd call the cops on them for loitering.

#376 Diggeh

Diggeh

Deals on wheels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Any 3DS XL deals/bundles? I've only seen the red 3DS Super Mario 3D Land bundle so far. Could use an incentive to upgrade to an XL with a proper bundle!

#377 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

sadly im not that far off from being serious if you live in a BIG CITY ie chi la miami dallas nyc etc etc then it will be hell on earth

if you live in a smaller city be there early to scope out the layout and camp for the deal to start

if you live in a super small location you should be fine to just walk in and walk out

I forget to mention I am living in Los Angeles in CA..I am so sorry that I forget to tell you...in order to grab fifa and nba, I need to camping. anyway, thank you for your opinion. I am thinking how many day I go to camp before the deal

#378 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I forget to mention I am living in Los Angeles in CA..I am so sorry that I forget to tell you...in order to grab fifa and nba, I need to camping. anyway, thank you for your opinion. I am thinking how many day I go to camp before the deal

id stop by on wed to see if people are camping if they are then you likely will have to do the same but id plan atleast for being there most of thanksgiving

#379 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

id stop by on wed to see if people are camping if they are then you likely will have to do the same but id plan atleast for being there most of thanksgiving

Thank you for your remind, I am glad for your help, if it is just camping for 1 day, I think it is absolute worthy!

#380 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

I've never gone out to a store on black friday. Never plan to. Even for a $25 newly released game. Its not even close to worth it for me. Its not even guaranteed that you'll get a copy of the limited amount they have. So risk everything that comes with these deals for a chance to get a deal.

Although I live in SoCal so its a nightmare around here on black friday if I just want to go to a store near BBY or Frys. I just want some damn food.

That being said I am definitely hoping for some good online deals, although Amazon BF deals can be stressful as well. So I've never camped out at a BF store, but I've camped out overnight on here waiting for amazon deals to start.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#381 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Who would've thought that Old Navy sells video games. Looks like walmart already got $80 bucks from me if the line doesn't go around the whole store like last year.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#382 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Has anyone seen any BF deals for the Nexus 7 tablets? I see that the Galaxy Tab 2 is $180 in BBY's ad, but that's still pretty overpriced for what it is.

Anyhow, was just hoping some other person heard/saw something.

I was also hoping for a deal on a Nexus 7 but it doesn't look good since Walmart isn't doing it and I think the Nexus 7 is only available at Walmart, Gamestop, Staples, Office Max, and Office Depot. The Walmart and Office Max ads are already out and I thought Walmart would be the most likely to have it on sale.

#383 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I wasn't planning on getting much this year for Black Friday, now I find myself planning my route of attack as to which stores I'm going to first. Damn.
Posted Image

#384 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

I wasn't planning on getting much this year for Black Friday, now I find myself planning my route of attack as to which stores I'm going to first. Damn.

i know i was all set to buy one 9 dollar game at kmart now i want thousands of dollars to spend at walmart

#385 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Who would've thought that Old Navy sells video games. Looks like walmart already got $80 bucks from me if the line doesn't go around the whole store like last year.

They don't as far as I know. Each store will be getting very limited quantities of the game to give away for this. They did the same with Lego Rockband. If you get there very early you might get one, but if you're in a crowded city, might not be worth the time. I think they are supposed to give out wristbands to the first people in line though.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#386 PokemonRexRay

PokemonRexRay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I did black friday last year. For gamestops $140 Zelda OOT3D combo. it was barely worth it. I sat in line for an hour.

I then went to the Disney store and got a 12 shirt for $4.

I hate black friday. I am never doing it again. You are more than likely 90% to fail on a black friday. the Wii U Mario bros U games are gone as far as im concerned. I would not devote my health or my life on black friday anymore. People are so stinking greedy its not even christmas shopping as far as im concerned.

#387 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Walmart is going nuts!
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#388 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

That's Borderlands GOTY BTW

#389 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Wow, $25 Borderlands 2, Dishonored, and Madden? Too bad its at Walmart which was ridiculous in my town last year and probably will be again.

#390 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Wow. Walmart has thrown the Gauntlet. Step up Amazon