Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#4201 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I was also confused by all the walmart craziness.

Were people submitting in store pick up orders, ordering online, or going to the store and buying them after midnight?

Some people have gone to the store and bought them on the spot. I ordered from their website with in-store pick up.

#4202 icqpimp

icqpimp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Read the rest of the thread...black friday sales on games are already live at wal-mart. that is why so many posts have been made in the past few hours. i ordered three games an hour ago at BF prices and can pick them up at the desk today.

Tekken is currently listed at $53.99. if I order right now, will it convert to the black friday price of $25.00?

#4203 Grayfoxhound

Grayfoxhound

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Anyone have a success story regarding Max Payne 3 at K-Mart in-store? I'm going to head out soon solely for that, and for the PS3 version which isn't listed in the ad and I don't want to end up with bs assuming it's there. If that fails, do you guys think Target will pricematch the PS3 version even if it's the 360 version being advertised on the ad?

#4204 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Just bought my 10 games at Walmart which include 3 FH lol

#4205 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Anyone have a success story regarding Max Payne 3 at K-Mart in-store? I'm going to head out soon solely for that, and for the PS3 version which isn't listed in the ad and I don't want to end up with bs assuming it's there. If that fails, do you guys think Target will pricematch the PS3 version even if it's the 360 version being advertised on the ad?

I'm going to be at K-Mart in about 30 minutes to try to get it. I won't be able to access this page till later but I can text you if you PM me a number.

#4206 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Me and a friend just ran to Walmart and got 6 games total with the Black Friday places! They had to put our games in plastic cases but the prices were still awesome!

659629.png?68329996

#4207 spunXtain

spunXtain

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

As soon as the deal went up last night, I ordered one and chose in store pickup. I was sitting up all night anway, and about 5:45 I got scared because I hadn't got my email saying it was ready for pickup.

So I called K-mart and they said the online order hadn't came through yet. I explained the situation that I had already paid for it, and was afraid it would be sold out before they got a chance to pull it due to it being on sale. So the guy physically pulled a copy out and took it back to the layaway area, so that way when the order goes through its there to be held. Now Im just waiting on my confirmation email and also to let the crowds die down a bit.

#4208 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just got Forza Horizon and teh Kinect Sports Collection from the Online Microsoft Store for $15 each. $32 after tax and FREE Shipping!!

#4209 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Tekken is currently listed at $53.99. if I order right now, will it convert to the black friday price of $25.00?

The games I got...the lower prices were listed when I went to each game's page on the website. And that was before I added it to the cart. not sure why it isn't working for Tekken.

#4210 doppelganger

doppelganger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I thought the Microsoft points cards were changed to 3 month gold cards?
I was going to go to Target but I thought it was switched.
If the 1600 points cards are back can someone let me know
Thanks

Short answer: We don't know yet. If you want the whole story keep reading below.
This is a somewhat complicated situation, and there's a lot of confusion. Basically, the ad that was originally "leaked" had the 1600 MS points at $10.
When Target posted their online ad, that was replaced with the 3 month live card.
However, people are still getting ads in the mail/newspaper (including myself) with the 1600 MS point cards.
So, this might be honored in-store, or we might go looking for it only to be greeted with a sign that says the ad was a misprint and it won't be honored, or something to that effect.
Posted Image

#4211 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Just bought my 10 games at Walmart which include 3 FH lol

I haven't been following but how is Walmart open at this hour ??

#4212 nccows

nccows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just to let you guys know, Amazon has both XCOM and AC3 for $35. Not the best deals, but pretty good for not having to leave your house/hotel room.

#4213 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I am at Kmart now and YES it is for PS3 also. No copies in sight for either system.

#4214 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Lot of Wal-Marts are open 24/7 except for Christmas Day.

#4215 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

24 hr walmarts.

#4216 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Short answer: We don't know yet. If you want the whole story keep reading below.
This is a somewhat complicated situation, and there's a lot of confusion. Basically, the ad that was originally "leaked" had the 1600 MS points at $10.
When Target posted their online ad, that was replaced with the 3 month live card.
However, people are still getting ads in the mail/newspaper (including myself) with the 1600 MS point cards.
So, this might be honored in-store, or we might go looking for it only to be greeted with a sign that says the ad was a misprint and it won't be honored, or something to that effect.

Thanks for the info

#4217 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

24 hr walmarts.

That sucks for me. Everything is going to be sold out by the time I get there :/

#4218 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I know some of you were concerned about Best Buy shipping after the fiasco last year -- Kingdom Hearts 3DS (the first game I ordered tonight from BB) has already shipped; I have a tracking number in hand.

Sounds like BB learned a lesson from Black Friday 2011.
Posted Image

#4219 Grayfoxhound

Grayfoxhound

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I am at Kmart now and YES it is for PS3 also. No copies in sight for either system.

Damn it. Not sounding too well.

#4220 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Just to let you guys know, Amazon has both XCOM and AC3 for $35. Not the best deals, but pretty good for not having to leave your house/hotel room.

Yeah, but I cant help but think Amazon might have a few flash sales or something. Didn't they do that last year(s). Or are all the lightning deals only going to be the ones they listed. The AC Vita bundle seems to be a "secret" sale.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#4221 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I found 1 last copy of Borderlands 2 for PS3 at Kmart after looking behind the counter in electronics...now I don't know if I should get this or Dishonored.

#4222 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, but I cant help but think Amazon might have a few flash sales or something. Didn't they do that last year(s). Or are all the lightning deals only going to be the ones they listed. The AC Vita bundle seems to be a "secret" sale.

They've already had a few Lightning Deals with unannounced games the past couple of days, so you're right on the money.
Posted Image

#4223 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Damn it. Not sounding too well.

My Kmart got wiped out lol.

#4224 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

I found 1 last copy of Borderlands 2 for PS3 at Kmart after looking behind the counter in electronics...now I don't know if I should get this or Dishonored.

Borderlands imo. It's a bigger and a more fun game.

#4225 even13flow

even13flow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

After sitting on the internet happily ordering all of my stuff thanks to you guys and bfads, I went out to Walmart for the early BF price in store.

I made the mistake of going to KMarts 6:00 opening, big mistake. I was one of the first people at the video game case and I wanted Max Payne 3 for Xbox 360, those dipshits didn't even have a single copy. And they wonder why Walmart and every other competant company is owning them.

They had every single high demand item crammed into the electronics area. While Walmart is pure chaos, I'd venture to say it's highly controlled as opposed to what I just saw. Anyways, I'm spending the rest of the day trying to get Max Payne 3 online since I have the $15 coupon from that glitch last week. If I don't succeed, I'll just have them PM it at Walmart and use the coupons another time.

#4226 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

NBA 2K13 in stock with microsoft

#4227 Eh? What?

Eh? What?

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Well I thought I was done, but I decided to check my email before going back to bed and Best Buy had a problem billing my order. The CS rep I spoke with said they now require the middle initial of the name on the credit card before the order will process. She said this was a recent change (last few weeks or so), so if you placed an order with bestbuy.com, you might want to check your email or the order status on the website to see if there are any hangups.

#4228 Olympus

Olympus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

After sitting on the internet happily ordering all of my stuff thanks to you guys and bfads, I went out to Walmart for the early BF price in store.

I made the mistake of going to KMarts 6:00 opening, big mistake. I was one of the first people at the video game case and I wanted Max Payne 3 for Xbox 360, those dipshits didn't even have a single copy. And they wonder why Walmart and every other competant company is owning them.

They had every single high demand item crammed into the electronics area. While Walmart is pure chaos, I'd venture to say it's highly controlled as opposed to what I just saw. Anyways, I'm spending the rest of the day trying to get Max Payne 3 online since I have the $15 coupon from that glitch last week. If I don't succeed, I'll just have them PM it at Walmart and use the coupons another time.

I had no luck with Max Payne 3 either. There were apparently plenty at my store, but by the time I got up to the front, the guy was sliding in the little 'all gone' placard. I asked how many he had, and he said there were about 30, but went quickly.

Apparently there either wasn't a limit, or they weren't enforcing one. I saw a woman on her way out with 5 in her cart. She was trying to wrestle a Razor scooter off the top of a pile so I could have snatched one, but changed my mind. :) She didn't look like a reseller.

#4229 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Thanks enigma for letting us know that the prices at walmart are already live!!! I got all of the games I wanted and was the only person in the store lol now to enjoy some turkey and football for the rest of the day

#4230 even13flow

even13flow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Just remember that even though you have to go B&M, you can bring the ad for Kmart and Walmart will price match Max Payne 3, even on Black Friday.