Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#4231 RandyNDee

RandyNDee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Your comment sounds way too mileage may vary. Can you mention what state, or what city, or any more details? I want Tekken Tag 2 and I live too far from my walmart to go out there.

No problem. We are in Bossier City, LA. She got it from the case and the guy rang her up and the game was $25 + tax. Hope this helps.
@Enigma No Problem. Your post is the reason she went lol.

#4232 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I can confirm that Walmart BF prices are ringing up in store as I just bought Dance Central 3 ($15) NBA 2K13 ($25) and Gran Turismo 5 ($10). Happy Thanksgiving everybody =)

#4233 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

I think I am done after blowing all my BB credit + $34 on the 5th gen iPod touch even though I have a 4th gen!

#4234 enigma

enigma

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thanks enigma for letting us know that the prices at walmart are already live!!! I got all of the games I wanted and was the only person in the store lol now to enjoy some turkey and football for the rest of the day

No problem. We are in Bossier City, LA. She got it from the case and the guy rang her up and the game was $25 + tax. Hope this helps.
@Enigma No Problem. Your post is the reason she went lol.

I feel accomplished this morning. I'm thrilled I was able to help a handful of you score your games early. :mrgreen:

#4235 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

LOL my wife won't like that I wasn't able to snag that 32" tv at Kmart. Off to Walmart now and to grab some breakfast, then Best Buy tonight for that Sony 3d display...$75 in BB credit!

#4236 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

No matter how I try, all the WM pages say "In Stores Only." I did get some games from MS so not a complete loss.

:beer:

#4237 Tyvan

Tyvan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Is Batman: Arkham City going to be $10 in Walmart? Because it's not showing up as that on Walmart.com

I'm thinking Arkham Asylum is on sale and had City pictured in add.

YUP. Arkham Asylum GOTY shows up on sale for $10.

#4238 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

WWE '13 for pick-up at Walmart. Forza Horizon and BL2 at Microsoft Store. Black Friday success thanks to this forum, again.

#4239 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Just left Wal-mart, I can also confirm the Black Friday sale prices are in effect on the games behind the glass. Thanks for the tip !!!

#4240 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I agree. Saw people freaking out here 10 minutes after the deals went up and I scrambled for my credit card thinking I would be too late :D

That pretty much described me, as well.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#4241 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I just ordered God of War Saga, GTA IV CE, RDR GOTY and WWE 13 from Walmart for in store pickup. Looks like I dont have to go fight any crowds
Posted Image

#4242 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

I had no luck with Max Payne 3 either. There were apparently plenty at my store, but by the time I got up to the front, the guy was sliding in the little 'all gone' placard. I asked how many he had, and he said there were about 30, but went quickly.

Apparently there either wasn't a limit, or they weren't enforcing one. I saw a woman on her way out with 5 in her cart. She was trying to wrestle a Razor scooter off the top of a pile so I could have snatched one, but changed my mind. :) She didn't look like a reseller.

The first Kmart I went to a 540 and there was a huge line and no Payne in sight. The 2nd one I went to was super packed, but there were 2 ps3 copies in the case (one was kind of hidden). No 360 copies to be found.

#4243 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

My wwe comes with Tyson code,, lol thought that was pre order only lol.

#4244 Hayamakuma

Hayamakuma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

So I just got back from kmart empty handed. Was hoping to pick up a copy of Max Payne 3 for PS3 b/c I saw it here for that price and I was DENIED. They won't sell it to me for that price b/c it was only meant for the xbox version (they had plenty of copies for both BTW). I talked to every associate to make an exception and they all said, whatever is on the ad is what they'll follow. So I drove all the way there for nothing and u guys shouldn't bother either. CheapyD, please edit out the PS3 version on the kmart ad to save the rest of us the hassle.

#4245 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Picked up a copy of Max Payne 3 at K-Mart! They only had 2 in stock for 360. I used the $15 off coupon and got Dishonored for $14.99 too. It's been a good day!

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#4246 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

So I just got back from kmart empty handed. Was hoping to pick up a copy of Max Payne 3 for PS3 b/c I saw it here for that price and I was DENIED. They won't sell it to me for that price b/c it was only meant for the xbox version (they had plenty of copies for both BTW). I talked to every associate to make an exception and they all said, whatever is on the ad is what they'll follow. So I drove all the way there for nothing and u guys shouldn't bother either. CheapyD, please edit out the PS3 version on the kmart ad to save the rest of us the hassle.

It rings up $9, so I think you just got a douche cashier.

#4247 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

I just ordered God of War Saga, GTA IV CE, RDR GOTY and WWE 13 from Walmart for in store pickup. Looks like I dont have to go fight any crowds

can anyone explain how to get in store pick up? None of these games are showing up for me to get in store pick up.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#4248 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Picked up a copy of Max Payne 3 at K-Mart! They only had 2 in stock for 360. I used the $15 off coupon and got Dishonored for $14.99 too. It's been a good day!

Borderlands 2 for $20 after coupon is great, but my instincts are telling me to go for Dishonored to save $5. I have 2 Kmart $15 off coupons.

#4249 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Did they scan the PS3 version and price check it? It should be $9

#4250 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

can anyone explain how to get in store pick up? None of these games are showing up for me to get in store pick up.

you add it to your cart. Thats the only option as I dont think you can order to ship to you

Im glad i secured a copy of WWE '13 bc I plan on getting it from Amazon tomorrow with my unused credit. But just in case that goes fast and I miss it, I at least have it from WM
Posted Image

#4251 sicilianoNJ

sicilianoNJ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

So I just bought x-com for xbox on walmart.com and had it for pickup at my local location....DO I have to wait for the email saying its ready for pickup to pick it up? Is this after 10am? I have places to go soon and didn't want to deal with picking it up tonight during the chaos....anyone know?

#4252 tekmoe

tekmoe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Damn, not a single store is offering any deals for the Halo 4 Limited Edition console. I'm itchin so bad to pick up an Xbox but would like to find a deal to get some satisfaction with my purchase. :)

#4253 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Walmart BF game deals look to be live for store pickup too. Go to walmart.com, go to the game listing you're looking for and enter your zipcode. Choose your price and the price will drop. Got TTT2 for PS3 for $25.

#4254 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Walmart BF game deals look to be live for store pickup too. Go to walmart.com, go to the game listing you're looking for and enter your zipcode. Choose your price and the price will drop. Got TTT2 for PS3 for $25.

I tried to do this for DC3 and it says in-store only. Help, please!

#4255 phishhead220

phishhead220

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Picked up Kingdom Hearts 3DS for 14.99 at Amazon and Assassin's Creed III for $34.99 with free shipping. Looks like Amazon pricematched Best Buy. Now I just need to get NBA 2k13 tonight with that lightning deal

#4256 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Just got back from KMart, had to wait 1.5 hrs in the Electronics line. grrr
Managed to snag :360: LA Noir and the last Max Payne 3 for $3.xx; and picked up another game for $5 w/ my 2nd coupon. Even that took some doing b/c the cashier kept pressing the wrong button to take the coupon amount off the total. The service desk handled both transactions w/ no problems.

#4257 JohnnySako

JohnnySako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Great morning so far! Picked up Max Payne 3 (PS3) for $8.99 and a Vtech toy for my neice at Kmart; Shadow of the Damned (PS3) for myself and Mutant Insects and I Spy (both DS) for the kids for $4.88 each at Big Lots; and was able to PM Best Buy's BF add this morning at Walmart for Dead Island:GOTY (PS3) and Snow White & the Huntsman Bluray for $7.99 each. Now I am able to skip the lunacy at Best Buy! Hope this evening goes as well as my morning did!

#4258 Hayamakuma

Hayamakuma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Did they scan the PS3 version and price check it? It should be $9

Yes, I had them remove it from display case and do a price check and it came to $59.99. I don't know how u guys are getting it for 9 bucks, I guess my store just sucks period.

#4259 Shale

Shale

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Damn, I was expecting to have to go into an actual store to get the PS3 deal, but BB still has them in stock online. Awesome.

Now if Play-Asia would just start up their December coupons, I'd be all set.

#4260 lastdinosaur17

lastdinosaur17

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

just came back from walmart. Had them check out in front to alleviate any suspicion.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is $25 for PS3 as well.