Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#451 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Just so ya'll know that if you arrive at Walmart and the game is sold out on the pdq they display them on, Last year all the games in the case were ringing up at that price also. Thats just a fyi since i've worked there the past three years.

I did that last year. They had Arkham City for $28 on the pallets, but in the glass case they had the Arkham City/Arkham Asylum GOTY bundle. I had them ring it up and it was $28.

#452 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I haven't seen an ad leak, but I am hearing that it appears Target is going to be opening at 9pm for Black Friday.

That said, not sure what my shift is yet for that day, but if it's favorable, I see myself potentially going to Wal-Mart to pick up WWE13. Redboxed it the other day and enjoyed my time with it to the degree I think it's time to pick up my first wrestling game in about half a decade. Need for Speed Most Wanted or even Transformers wouldn't be bad consolation picks though. Or even X-com.

card.png

#453 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I hope the Walmart deals are online as well. $25 for Need for Speed: Most Wanted would be VERY nice.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#454 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Anyone know if Max Payne 3 *on PC* will be 15 dollars retail DVD's. Because its a 28 GB download on Steam WHY!? ::BARF::

Also i'm hoping BF3 pre edition/service goes for 25 on PC. Though since I own the game on my origin account the premium edition game code wouldn't work I think.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#455 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I wish PSN cards were on sale, oh well.

I usually avoid Walmart on BF but holy hell those deals are insane.

#456 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

alot of these prices are nice, but none are these games are MUST HAVES but these prices make them better gets.

Im probably gonna do online only stuff this year, waiting for an hour or more to save $10 on a video game, might as well work for the hour and get it online
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#457 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I hope the Walmart deals are online as well. $25 for Need for Speed: Most Wanted would be VERY nice.

Is it possible for walmart have bf deal online? did it happen last year? Moreover, how much do we buy in order to have free shipping?

#458 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I have to say CAG is the greatest website ever....

#459 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

I thought Dance Central 2/Kinect Sports 2 for $15 last year was crazy. But man they went even crazier... I had to double look when I saw Forza Horizon for $15.

#460 GeneJacket

GeneJacket

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Both Batman: Arkham Asylum and Borderlands sales at Walmart are GOTY editions.

You can tell by the spines:
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY

Borderlands GOTY

Also, the Arkham Asylum seen in the ad is in a red "Greatest Hits" case, which are all GOTY edition.

#461 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Are walmart BF deals available online as well? Can't remember from last year.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#462 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

The more I think about, the more I'm predicting that Amazon will price their games in between Best Buy and Walmart's prices.

So we will get $30 games like Borderlands 2, Dishonored, EA '13 games, NBA 2K13, etc.

That way they will price them cheaper than Best Buy, while making people pay $5 more for staying home and ordering online as opposed to braving the crowds at Walmart.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#463 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

The more I think about, the more I'm predicting that Amazon will price their games in between Best Buy and Walmart's prices.

So we will get $30 games like Borderlands 2, Dishonored, EA '13 games, NBA 2K13, etc.

That way they will price them cheaper than Best Buy, while making people pay $5 more for staying home and ordering online as opposed to braving the crowds at Walmart.

When will amazon leak the black friday deal normally according to previous years?

#464 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

When will amazon leak the black friday deal normally according to previous years?

I think Cheapy posted the previews the week before.
Posted Image

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#465 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am assuming the walmart game prices are in store only? My walmart has a terrible selection of games, and they most likely will only have a few "sale" copies. The rest will be standard price....at least from the last time I went there on black friday

#466 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I think Cheapy posted the previews the week before.

Oh. Amazon is the last one to leak the BF deal. Anyways, look forwards!

#467 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Well when they don't have a print ad so why would they leak anything until all the retailers have played their hands?
Posted Image

#468 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I am assuming the walmart game prices are in store only? My walmart has a terrible selection of games, and they most likely will only have a few "sale" copies. The rest will be standard price....at least from the last time I went there on black friday

Easy work around.

1. Have ad in hand.
2. Go to the electronics department and get the games you want.
3. Check out. If they ring up full price, show them the ad. Tell them it is in the ad for so and so price until so and so time. It is in that time so you want it at the advertised price.

Chances are the lines will be long so they probably won't put up much of a fight as long as you're wanting a game that is specifically shown in the ad.
Posted Image

#469 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

So Fable the Journey $15 after 2 months?

Is it really that bad?

#470 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Easy work around.

1. Have ad in hand.
3. Check out. If they ring up full price, show them the ad. Tell them it is in the ad for so and so price until so and so time. It is in that time so you want it at the advertised price.

Chances are the lines will be long so they probably won't put up much of a fight as long as you're wanting a game that is specifically shown in the ad.

Last time I didn't take it to the electronics department. But the last time there wasn't anyone there. There was just one gigantic line cascading around the whole store. This line had boxes with specially marked games.

For example, Infamous was like $10 that year. But when we found a non sale copy, the sale dude was like "sorry too bad" because it didn't have the black friday sticker.

Perhaps I just wasn't tenacious enough.

#471 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

ah thats right it was 7

yeah walmart had the same price last year but i had em price match 1 but regretted not getting more

also if anyone see's anything noteworthy here let the op know so he can update

kmart bf ad
http://blackfriday.g...idayScans/Kmart

Ya I bought the whole stack at best buy last year a little over 30 ppl kept asking me for some, so I would tell them 5 bucks and they would walk away lol. I'm set for a few years and I've been selling them for $15, still have like 7-8 that I'm still selling.

#472 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

hoping for some good 3ds and vita game deals.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#473 Gumbeaux Jr

Gumbeaux Jr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Wow... 15$ for Forza Horizon at Wal Mart? Crazy!!

#474 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Easy work around.

1. Have ad in hand.

this is exactly what I did in wal-mart black friday 2010 with Red Steel 2 with a WM+ adapter combo. Got it for 10 dollars when it should of been sold for 39.99.

I dont feel bad about it since WM+ was barely used by anything and that's clearly what Nintendo wanted it to be like in the first place. When PS Move is better then standard wiimotes, thats just sad.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#475 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

If you do not want to be trampled to death on Black Friday at Walmart you should submit the sale price to Amazon. Go to the product page and click on TELL US ABOUT A LOWER PRICE
Okay?!

Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#476 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I dont think Amazon is going to match anything untill all of the other retailers deals are out.
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#477 mkh

mkh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I shall be getting Xcom for sure. $25? Yes please

#478 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Last time I didn't take it to the electronics department. But the last time there wasn't anyone there. There was just one gigantic line cascading around the whole store. This line had boxes with specially marked games.

For example, Infamous was like $10 that year. But when we found a non sale copy, the sale dude was like "sorry too bad" because it didn't have the black friday sticker.

Perhaps I just wasn't tenacious enough.

Yeah I'd laugh and tell them no, the ad doesn't say anything about black stickers.
Posted Image

#479 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I dont think Amazon is going to match anything untill all of the other retailers deals are out.

Well when you submit the lower price you have to tell them the retailer and location of the store and when that price will be in effect. I just read the other ads and placed the date accordingly.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#480 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Looks like WalMart is winning for me so far.
Fingers crossed for Sleeping Dogs somewhere.

Posted ImagePosted Image