Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#4771 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

If any of you are on your way to Walmart in the SF Bay Area and are willing to pick up a copy of LA Noire Complete Edition or hide it some where in the store lol please PM me

#4772 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

I dont see Max Payne for $9 anywhere in the Kmart sales paper that I received today? Where is it in the ad?? I need the paper to try to price match at Walmart.

#4773 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Anyone tried PM target's 1600 points mistake at walmart or other stores?

Sale doesn't start until 9

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#4774 SoulesSamurai

SoulesSamurai

Bound By Honor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Microsoft store BF ad is live, just picked up Just Dance 3 14.99 plus free shipping ;-)

#4775 SoulesSamurai

SoulesSamurai

Bound By Honor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

I meant dance central 3 for $14.99 w/ free shipping....

#4776 IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Sale doesn't start until 9

So will Walmart not price match Target until 9?

#4777 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

just came back from walmart, in Columbia MD

Nice to see another local CAG (I'm in Eldersburg but I work in Ellicott City & Columbia!)
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#4778 matrixman92

matrixman92

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

They are right, you are wrong. The Black Friday Sale doesn't start till 8pm. In order to get the BF price at layaway legitimately, you have to do it during the sale hours. They aren't rude because they are doing their job. Good going getting in employee in trouble doing their job on the busiest hectic day of the year.

Thats not the problem, they said they are not matching black friday prices period. They didnt care that it was already at a lower price. I told them that on the layaway receipt it says that they will match a lower price, which the game is right now in their system. The employee just said, "well it doesnt say that we are pricematching black friday prices".

#4779 biller88

biller88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for the tips everyone!! I feel like a villain.
Both a Denver Walmart and one in Fort Collins have had the Black Friday prices already active.

Borderlands 2, GoW: Saga and Brave!

#4780 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Couldn't get Walmart to price match max payne 3 because the copy of the ad they had only had 4pm door busters missing the 6 am - on the other page. Refused refused, refused. Fuck them.

#4781 Screwhead281

Screwhead281

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Gamestop has Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for $20 right? Well Amazon has the same price, just thought I'd share.
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=1572187"][/URL]

#4782 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Just thought I'd throw out, based on the price that went live on Walmart.com. It looks like the Vanilla version of L.A. Noire is $10... not the Complete Collection version... That means I am not purchasing jack shit this Black Friday. Yay!

#4783 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Exactly

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#4784 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

$180 for the White Vita!?!? BOUGHT!
but damn..... I already bought myself PSABR for the PS3.... I guess I'll sell the game code on eBay or somewhere.

#4785 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

are the walmart deals going on now?

#4786 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

are the walmart deals going on now?

yes

#4787 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Mine said they wouldn't. YMMV.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4788 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

So I went to walmart to buy games.
I spotted Trollmo/El hoarado there! Dude was waiting in front of the games case. I asked him if he was waiting for an employee. He told me yeah and that he was going to buy everything. I laughed and shrugged it off. Then he told me I should go to Best Buy down the street. I told him the games arent as cheap there. Then he told me he was buying all the WiiUs! I was like WTF?
Employee came, and they pulled out all 8 white Wiis and all 2 black Wiis!
Im not racist, but dude looked like the short Persian from 300. I just think that's so wrong about buying all the WiiUs.
8-) Head BrokeAss

#4789 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

does anyone know if fall of cybertron ps3 is on sale even though the add show 360 version?

#4790 Grumpy Bob

Grumpy Bob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Just got back from Walmart in Los Angeles (Crenshaw), and boy is that place a freakin disaster zone. They need to cover that shit in plastic sheeting ET style and quarantine the area...

Anyways, BF deal was up and running but the place was a mess. Managed to snag two copies of Forza Horizon for 15$ with no spec ops in sight unfortunately. Hopefully can sell one on amazon for 30$ end up on top with a free game ;)

When I left they had 4 more copies in the case left.

Now, not sure if this is the case at any other hell-marts but this one had whole palates FULL of games for tonights opening. Saran wrapped TIGHT with notes saying DO NOT TOUCH followed by the price of each bundle. Shameless about their prep at this place. Just wheel it out, leave it all day for everyone to see, put the merch up tonight.

Anyways that's my report from Crenshaw in LA. Didn't try the price match for M$ points. Just gonna hit Target and hopefully get a few...

#4791 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Walmart was a success. Saved over $200, but there was no PS3 darksiders for $10 and PS3 LA Noire Complete Collection for $10.
If anyone managed to grab any of these games and needs Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition for the Xbox 360, I'm your guy.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
If you have both of them, I'm willing to trade them for Red Dead Redemption GOTY + $5, or if you have one, you pay me $5 OR if you want Dishonored or XCOM, you trade me both and $10.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4792 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

just tried to buy la noir complete for the ps3 and it rang up full price. they might have caught on

#4793 arc125

arc125

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Does anyone think the Microsoft Store will get more copies of Assassin's Creed III in stock?

#4794 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Is anybody lining up for the Old Navy mario bros deal ?

any advice for somebody thinking of doing it

#4795 SoWhatsLeftNow

SoWhatsLeftNow

Anyone know where the info on the L.A. Noire Complete Collection being on sale at Walmart for $10 instead of the vanilla version came from? All the print and online sale ads show the vanilla version and the Complete version rings up full price. Was this just an error in the first post?

#4796 Pyrofire

Pyrofire

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Anyone know if you can price match the $40 Black Ops 2 deal (TigerDirect) at a Walmart store?

#4797 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Walmart was a success. Saved over $200, but there was no PS3 darksiders for $10 and PS3 LA Noire Complete Collection for $10.
If anyone managed to grab any of these games and needs Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition for the Xbox 360, I'm your guy.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
If you have both of them, I'm willing to trade them for Red Dead Redemption GOTY + $5, or if you have one, you pay me $5 OR if you want Dishonored or XCOM, you trade me both and $10.

Are you interested in a sealed copy of Yakuza 4 for RDR?

#4798 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

just tried to buy la noir complete for the ps3 and it rang up full price. they might have caught on

No, the listing of the Complete Edition in the OP is wrong. The Vanilla version is the one on sale. Look it the game on Walmart.com and you will see the Vanilla version at $10 and the complete not.

#4799 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Wow, really? Was there really a need to grab that many?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4800 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Is anybody lining up for the Old Navy mario bros deal ?

any advice for somebody thinking of doing it

I did this a few years ago when O.N had some game (Rock Band possibly?). I remember being lined up for about 5-6 hours and we were probably like the 10th people there. It was terribly organized, since their were apparently two different lines at separate ends of the mall waiting to get in- still got our game, but it wasn't my most favorable BF moment.