Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#5251 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Max Payne 3 is available now online at Kmart.

Can't add to the cart.

#5252 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

froza horizon for $15 a good price?

#5253 vickvega

vickvega

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

after looking at the case of my nba 2k13 that came without a disc, I realized someone glued the plastic back to the bottom. My guess is an employee carefully opened the bottom of the plastic wrap, slid the game out, took the disk, then pushed the case back in the plastic and sealed it with glue. Cant believe this shit. got fifa on amazon though so bf wasnt a total bust.

#5254 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Considering the game got great reviews and came like 3 weeks ago, I would say it is the BEST price!

#5255 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Anyone that went to Walmart or Target see if Kingdom of Amaular was on sale?

#5256 burro

burro

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

That's an incredible price I promise you.. even as a forza 4 fanatic who poured way too much time into that one.

#5257 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

nope, when I ad it to cart it says "This item is temporarily unavailable.To find a similar item, scroll down or enter a term in the search box above." Luckily pm'ed one at Walmart for $10 tonight anyway.

#5258 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

Here is a small update to the Origin sales (added to OP)

• SPORTS WEEKEND—Get great deals on our best EA Sports games for one weekend only. Includes top titles like FIFA Soccer 13, Madden NFL 13 and NHL 13.
• CYBER MONDAY Nov. 26—Huge savings on tons of PC and console titles storewide, including some of our best sellers like The Sims 3 titles, Saint's Row: The Third and Need for Speed Most Wanted.
• WEEKEND DEALS—Check back to find out more about how you can save big with our upcoming weekend deals throughout the holidays.

#5259 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just came back from Super Target so I think I can bring some light into this Microsoft Points situations.

At my Target most 1600 points card were ringing up as $10. I repeat most ARE $10. My goal was to get 15 cards. Out of my first batch 2 showed up as $19.99. Grabbed another 2 and they showed up as $10. Also the cards I picked up did not have that design on the ad. My cards have the design with those little avatars on them. I think they are the older ones. Again this may be YMMV but most 1600 points cards should ring up as $10. Good luck! May grab 5 more tomorrow morning.

#5260 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Anyone that went to Walmart or Target see if Kingdom of Amaular was on sale?

Not at Walmart.

#5261 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I picked one up at Wal-Mart. Liked the XBL demo, has great reviews and I think it's like a $60 game otherwise. Honestly haven't played a racing game for a while, so I figured for $15, why not.

#5262 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Just got back from the madhouse at Walmart with Spec Ops, XCOM and the GoW Saga to find that I won a Best Buy Twitter contest that's going on and got a $100 giftcard... 24 hours AFTER I spent $300+ on Bestbuy.com Black Friday stuff. I'm happy, but still... D'oh!

#5263 Speedfreak3750

Speedfreak3750

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

You guys also might like this: Black Ops 2 $39.99 after rebate http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=5291984

#5264 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

i am suprised moh 100% claimed within seconds ,lol

#5265 azstdogg

azstdogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Can't add to the cart.

Hmm I just purchased the PS3 version. $10.71 shipped after taxes.

#5266 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

The amazon lightning deals seem to be gone much faster this year. I clicked as soon as it popped up on the ratchet and clank collection and I was 500+ on the wait list.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#5267 andjuan

andjuan

Rowdy Reptile

• CAGiversary!

Boo. Just got back from a trip to two different Wal-Marts in my attempt to PM the MS point cards. The first store, they were all sold out. My assumption is somebody beat me to the PM action. I went to a second store and they had a ton. I grabbed a bunch and took them to the register with Target ad in hand. The cashier said she could PM, and started punching something in. Something must have come up on her screen, because she called a manager over. This manager looked at the cards and the ad in disbelief. He went to find another manager. They had a little pow-wow to discuss. When they came back, they told me their system can't override prices on cards (phone cards, point cards, etc.). Pretty much they didn't want to PM for me since I know other CAGs have gotten it PMed. Oh well. Still happy with my haul today.
Posted Image

#5268 D4rth Man7iz

D4rth Man7iz

Borderlands 2 and Forza Horizon were gone in seconds!

:O
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5269 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Walmart would not price match the target add at all.

But its all good. The cards rang up at $10.00 at target. No adjustment needed.

#5270 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Boo. Just got back from a trip to two different Wal-Marts in my attempt to PM the MS point cards. The first store, they were all sold out. My assumption is somebody beat me to the PM action. I went to a second store and they had a ton. I grabbed a bunch and took them to the register with Target ad in hand. The cashier said she could PM, and started punching something in. Something must have come up on her screen, because she called a manager over. This manager looked at the cards and the ad in disbelief. He went to find another manager. They had a little pow-wow to discuss. When they came back, they told me their system can't override prices on cards (phone cards, point cards, etc.). Pretty much they didn't want to PM for me since I know other CAGs have gotten it PMed. Oh well. Still happy with my haul today.

I found mine of one of those shelves that has a bunch of giftcards and stuff on them. Grabbed 2 and took them up to the register and they got price matched no problem.

#5271 andjuan

andjuan

Rowdy Reptile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Were the cards the ones on the ad? Somebody here said they rang up as $10 only on the older ones with the avatars on them. Wondering if that's the key.
Posted Image

#5272 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

OOS for me.

Btw someone said they saw 400 points cards? target I went to had sixteen total including six in the old style, and I was first to electronics

#5273 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

So I just bought an Xbox and have no prior experience with Xbox live. Can someone fill me in on how the points and cards work and also why people are goin crazy over those!

#5274 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Here is a small update to the Origin sales (added to OP)

• SPORTS WEEKEND—Get great deals on our best EA Sports games for one weekend only. Includes top titles like FIFA Soccer 13, Madden NFL 13 and NHL 13.
• CYBER MONDAY Nov. 26—Huge savings on tons of PC and console titles storewide, including some of our best sellers like The Sims 3 titles, Saint's Row: The Third and Need for Speed Most Wanted.
• WEEKEND DEALS—Check back to find out more about how you can save big with our upcoming weekend deals throughout the holidays.

Cheapy Just FYI:

BLACK FRIDAY Nov. 23—Get the biggest discount of the season on some of our most popular PC and console titles including: Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Darksiders II, and The Sims 3 Supernatural.

CLICKY FOR LINKY

#5275 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Picked up GOW Saga and Uncharted 3 for myself, and grabbed Red Dead GOTY, Dead Island and NFS Most Wanted for my bro. Glad I caught the Toys R Us deal for the PS3 so I didn't have to wait for that. Was able to wait in line at the glass cases where when it was your turn an employee would walk down the aisle and grab whatever games you wanted. Very nice. Had to go back in and wait by the pallets to grab the other games for my bro because they didn't have all the games at the glass case I was looking for. Only thing I didn't get was the Sly Collection but hopefully I can snag that somewhere else. I was also able to get four 3 month cards, 2 for me and 2 for my bro. All in all it was a successful Black Friday!

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#5276 andjuan

andjuan

Rowdy Reptile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

So I just bought an Xbox and have no prior experience with Xbox live. Can someone fill me in on how the points and cards work and also why people are goin crazy over those!

They're Microsoft currency. 1600 points = $20. You use the points to buy DLC, games, or anything else on the Xbox Marketplace. At $10, it's essentially half off of everything on the Marketplace.
Posted Image

#5277 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Oh come on. One minute in and I was #140 or so on the Amazon wait list for Lego Batman 2 (PS3).

When does Amazon update their list for Friday's list of upcoming sales?
Posted Image

#5278 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Exactly what happened to me. Im telling you, if they change the price to $10 at Walmart, Im not sure the cards are activated properly at checkout. Somebody needs to try to redeem them and see.

#5279 azstdogg

azstdogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Max Payne 3 PS3 http://www.kmart.com...8W001768867001P

#5280 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Cheapy Just FYI:

BLACK FRIDAY Nov. 23—Get the biggest discount of the season on some of our most popular PC and console titles including: Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Darksiders II, and The Sims 3 Supernatural.

CLICKY FOR LINKY

If anyone decides to go with this, I have a few $10 codes from the McDonald's Monopoly promotion that I wouldn't mind tossing out to others for personal use only (e.g., don't ask me for a code, then resell it).

I have two of them; first come, first serve. I don't like Origin, which is the only reason I'm not using them myself!
Posted Image