Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#5281 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Exactly what happened to me. Im telling you, if they change the price to $10 at Wlamart, Im not sure the cards are activated properly at checkout. Somebody needs to try to redeem them and see.

Redeemed mine and they worked fine.

#5282 dapanza

dapanza

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

The amazon lightning deals seem to be gone much faster this year. I clicked as soon as it popped up on the ratchet and clank collection and I was 500+ on the wait list.

How do you find out what number you are on the wait list?

#5283 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Walked to the back, there were a ton of 1600 MS Point cards.

Grabbed two and the cashier PM without any manager needed or anything. Also got Forza Horizon. All within 20 minutes.

#5284 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

They're Microsoft currency. 1600 points = $20. You use the points to buy DLC, games, or anything else on the Xbox Marketplace. At $10, it's essentially half off of everything on the Marketplace.

Aaaaaand a selection of said content goes on sale every week and at other times. So you buy the cards at retail for no sales tax, then spend on marketplace tax free. If you get points at a discount you are basically combining offers in a way that would rarely work brick and mortar. There is a permanent thread here that does a good job compiling XBLM deals.

#5285 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got some good deals today. Not everything I wanted but its strange to get most of the shopping done before Black Friday is even here. Couldn't have done it without this great site and its community.

#5286 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If anyone decides to go with this, I have a few $10 codes from the McDonald's Monopoly promotion that I wouldn't mind tossing out to others for personal use only (e.g., don't ask me for a code, then resell it).

I have two of them; first come, first serve. I don't like Origin, which is the only reason I'm not using them myself!

I wouldn't mind...

#5287 andjuan

andjuan

Rowdy Reptile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Aaaaaand a selection of said content goes on sale every week and at other times. So you buy the cards at retail for no sales tax, then spend on marketplace tax free. If you get points at a discount you are basically combining offers in a way that would rarely work brick and mortar. There is a permanent thread here that does a good job compiling XBLM deals.

Also, cards do not go on sale that often. Especially at 50% off.
Posted Image

#5288 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

I don't know if this will do anyone any good (maybe someone on the west coast), but I figure I mention it just in case. I just checked my receipt from the Wally World excursion about a hour ago. My Amazing Spider-man for the PS3 rang up for $15.00 instead of the advertised $25.00. It's probably ymmv and for the record it had the correct color stick that Walmart does for these, but just rang up 10 bucks cheaper.

#5289 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I wouldn't mind...

Will PM you momentarily with the code/instructions. :)
Posted Image

#5290 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

Indeed, I use said thread at least once a week.

#5291 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

They're Microsoft currency. 1600 points = $20. You use the points to buy DLC, games, or anything else on the Xbox Marketplace. At $10, it's essentially half off of everything on the Marketplace.

Geez. I should have asked this earlier. I had been shopping in the morning and din't care about all this.

Also can someone tell me if Halo 4 deal on Amazon is worth it ?

#5292 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Another advantage with these cards is that nowadays new releases are showin up immediately on day 1. So you get new games half off.

#5293 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Max Payne 3 PS3 http://www.kmart.com...8W001768867001P

Wow, that actually worked. Thanks. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

#5294 NoOtherOptions

NoOtherOptions

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on shenanigans with the Xbox live point deal at Target. The cards aren't marked on sale in store, aren't ringing up on sale and apparently have been removed from the ad. The actual deal is on 3 moth live membership cards now. However, some of the employees had old versions of the flyer and when I pointed it out and raised hell I got them for 10 bucks. So YMMV at this point.

Just went to my local target. Grabbed 6 of the 1600 point cards. Rang up at ten bucks, literally said nothing. So I'm not sure what the heck is going on. This is in Las Vegas, NV btw.

#5295 xbx4lfe

xbx4lfe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Walked into WalMart and past the bf line for games with there tables lol..went straight to electronics and asked the guy for dishonored,transformers,max Payne,Lego batman 2,spec ops,skyrim and he rang me up came up on sale @ 6:30 lol..left put the games in my car. Came back for the blu-rays had to wait for those..8 hit and it was on! grabbed everything I wanted. Except they wouldn't honor targets 1600 pts cause I has the ad on my phone not physical but tomorrow morning I will return for em. And get some and get some $ back for returning and re buying some of the games with the 100$ gift card for a phone upgrade.( if they let me)

easiest black Friday ever with ms site and walmart and its not even Friday yet lol.:applause:

#5296 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Were the cards the ones on the ad? Somebody here said they rang up as $10 only on the older ones with the avatars on them. Wondering if that's the key.

Yup, the ones in the add. They weren't marked lower or anything.

#5297 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Max Payne 3 PS3 http://www.kmart.com...8W001768867001P

thanks, it's weird i can't search for it. hope they actually ship.

#5298 andjuan

andjuan

Rowdy Reptile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Just went to my local target. Grabbed 6 of the 1600 point cards. Rang up at ten bucks, literally said nothing. So I'm not sure what the heck is going on. This is in Las Vegas, NV btw.

Well now I'm pissed that they limited me to three when I went...
Posted Image

#5299 NoOtherOptions

NoOtherOptions

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Were the cards the ones on the ad? Somebody here said they rang up as $10 only on the older ones with the avatars on them. Wondering if that's the key.

My ad was exactly the same as the card I picked up. New style card.

#5300 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

You're cards rang up at $10? That is weird.
Posted Image

#5301 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

It took me 20 mins to get in the store at best buy but I am in line now checking out with my ps3 display and dead island goty! It was incredibly easy snagging one! Best Buy had no store signage on the stack of displays so no one else was aware how cheap they are.

#5302 andjuan

andjuan

Rowdy Reptile

• CAGiversary!

My ad was exactly the same as the card I picked up. New style card.

What time did you try to check out? Maybe Target corporate figured out what happened with the ad and adjusted the price globally?
Posted Image

#5303 NoOtherOptions

NoOtherOptions

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Well now I'm pissed that they limited me to three when I went...

Yeah sorry man, I might stop by tomorrow and pick up a few more to send to some other CAGS or something.

#5304 NoOtherOptions

NoOtherOptions

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

You're cards rang up at $10? That is weird.

I'd be happy to post the receipt if it let me. I know I'm not the only guy. Check a few of the posts on the past 3 pages.

#5305 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Another advantage with these cards is that nowadays new releases are showin up immediately on day 1. So you get new games half off.

Which publishers? I know for a fact halo wasn't and I prefer to get mp games digital so that I don't have to fish for a disc when I want to shoot someone. Maybe with Nintendo pushing digital ms will try to be more competitive with G.O.D. but as of a few weeks ago they are late and expensive.

#5306 djcrestone

djcrestone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Well that link worked for the PS3 version of Max Payne 3 at KMART online, but it wont let me add the XBOX 360 version to my cart. Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted Image

#5307 NoOtherOptions

NoOtherOptions

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

What time did you try to check out? Maybe Target corporate figured out what happened with the ad and adjusted the price globally?

Maybe, I went at 9pm Vegas time which is 10pm PST? I went as soon as the store opened. Took me 5 mins to get in, 5 to check out. Not even exaggerating.

#5308 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

I'd be happy to post the receipt if it let me. I know I'm not the only guy. Check a few of the posts on the past 3 pages.

Same here. Rang up as $10, no problem. In and out in a jiffy.

#5309 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Seriously guys. HALO 4 deal on Amazon (10 $ Instant Video n 20$ gift card) good buy or should I be aware of any other deal going on ?

#5310 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

My receipt is for 9:43 PM Central time and I had to get the adjustment.