Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#511 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

If I can get Dishonored for 25, Batman Arkham City GOTY for 15, and DOA5 for 25 I'll be cool. With those, Black Ops2 , and Ninja Storm Gen I'll be cool for a long time.

#512 fan_i_am

fan_i_am

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

What's better for a casual racing fan: forza or nfs

I'm pretty sure forza is known for simulation racing while nfs is more arcade-y. So probably nfs for the casual fan

#513 doppelganger

doppelganger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Just thought I'd throw this out there for people that aren't aware about what happened with Amazon last year, or might have forgotten:
Amazon matched a lot of the major deals from other retailers during their scheduled lightning deals. HOWEVER, many of the best/most popular deals sold out virtually instantly, with many people complaining that they were not able to get in on the deals, even though they had tried to buy games the second the deal started.
Something to consider if you're thinking about putting all your eggs in the Amazon basket.

#514 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

GOTY edition is going to take a while. THey just announced a new editon coming out not too long ago that wasnt a GOTY, plus they're still getting new DLC out and old DLC on the ps3. I'd just get it for 25 and enjoy the loads of content that comes with it already. It should last you a while, especially since you have a huge backlog.:)

Alright, your answer won me over. If i see any copies I'll pick it up unless soccer moms get to it first.

#515 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Wait what? Those assholes are making employees work on Thanksgiving?

Might finally pick up Dead Island, for $7 I can toss it into the backlog.

I would much rather work thanksgiving evening and get friday off than the alternative. Leave the party/dinner early anyway to get to bed at a decent hour to drag ass up out of bed at 2am.

#516 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

What's better for a casual racing fan: forza or nfs

I'm pretty sure forza is known for simulation racing while nfs is more arcade-y. So probably nfs for the casual fan

Horizon is a little less simulation-y than previous forzas, but NFS may be funner to most.

#517 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Shit Im getting 2x where Im working at. Thats gonna make the money I spend seem not too bad. ;)

I wasn't 100% sure what Walmart pays for Holiday work. Makes the incentive that much greater.

#518 GeneJacket

GeneJacket

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Walmart deal corrections:

GTA IV is the Complete Collection on both PS3 and Xbox 360, as far as I can tell.

LEGO Harry Potter is the Years 1-4 collection.

Uncharted 3 is standard, non-GOTY edition (spine on GOTY is different).

L.A. Noire is likely the Complete Collection, as Rockstar did not change the spine art to differentiate between versions and it's unlikely anyone still stocks vanilla.

360 Star Wars title is Kinect Star Wars

#519 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

I'll put it this way. I REALLY liked the burnout games. So NFS it is then.

#520 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Wal-mart
:ps3: PS3 160GB Superslim Bundle w/ Infamous + Uncharted Dual Packs- $199

Huh, everyone else's bundle is a 250GB. Checked the ad, though, and that's what it says. I wonder if it's a typo in the ad, or if their bundles are actually 160GB.

PSN = madcatz1999

#521 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Wow Walmart is bringing it. I see at least 6 games I'm buying.

kinav.gif
www.killerinstinctonline.net  -  The best Killer Instinct site!

#522 swaggerbot3k

swaggerbot3k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

damn...i really want to pick up battlefield 3 premium, hopefully i can find it online for the same price

#523 mblackwl

mblackwl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

damn...i really want to pick up battlefield 3 premium, hopefully i can find it online for the same price

Amazon has pricematched about every sale for the past few years. I suspect they'll do the same here.

#524 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Amazon has pricematched about every sale for the past few years. I suspect they'll do the same here.

Last year they had many if the BBY games but added $5-$8 on them.

But then again if you don't click the buy button in the first 20 seconds then your SoL.

#525 GeneJacket

GeneJacket

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Been playing Most Wanted since last week, and it is AMAZING. If you're a fan of Criterion's games you will not be disappointed.

#526 GeneJacket

GeneJacket

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Huh, everyone else's bundle is a 250GB. Checked the ad, though, and that's what it says. I wonder if it's a typo in the ad, or if their bundles are actually 160GB.

The ad shows the new "Super Slim" PS3 model, which only comes in 250gb and 500gb flavors in the US, so unless they've got a special system no one knows about or are bundling with the older slim models to clear out stock, I'd say it's probably a typo.

#527 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I hope those PS3 bundles are on Amazon.

#528 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Does anyone know if Bestbuy will price adjust black friday deals?

#529 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Has any store other than BB, advertised the Xbox 250GB Bundle for $200?

#530 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Does anyone know if Bestbuy will price adjust black friday deals?

Nope. It specifically excludes price matching any deals during the weekend of Black Friday.

#531 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Nope. It specifically excludes price matching any deals during the weekend of Black Friday.

The exact wording are exclusions: Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday.

#532 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yeah i just thought price matching was separate from price adjustments for some reason. :cry:

#533 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

I've been thinking about getting NFS since I skipped out on Paradise...but I dont know. I'll probably watch some vids on youtube and see if I like it. My fav has always been the Underground series.

#534 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Walmart deal corrections:

GTA IV is the Complete Collection on both PS3 and Xbox 360, as far as I can tell.

LEGO Harry Potter is the Years 1-4 collection.

Uncharted 3 is standard, non-GOTY edition (spine on GOTY is different).

L.A. Noire is likely the Complete Collection, as Rockstar did not change the spine art to differentiate between versions and it's unlikely anyone still stocks vanilla.

360 Star Wars title is Kinect Star Wars

Thanks. I just edited the OP to reflect these corrections, along with a couple others. That just leaves the Zumba Fitness games (but nobody's interested in those, right? ;)).

#535 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Is there a simple way of tracking prices on certain things like a 250gb 360 console deal? As far as who has the best deal?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#536 mblackwl

mblackwl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Having played both Forza Horizons and NFS:MW, I'd say Forza's got the better activities actually.

NFS has a lot of the stuff Paradise had for side activities- Billboard and gate smashing, for example, and a few newer things like speed traps and finding the various hidden cars. But the base game gets a little repetitive. Aside from the Most Wanted races, you need to unlock various items in races to equip them for your car in 5 different races. But you need to do this for each car and there are around 70 of those. And while shutting down a Most wanted car is still the same great feeling that it was in Paradise, realizing that you've got to unlock Nitro for your new car, again, kinda takes some of the fun out of it.

Forza on the other hand, feels a lot more Paradise-y. A bunch of different events all over the map. Random races that can be triggered by just finding other cars on the map. Trick events (which I haven't seen in NFS in the time I've played it) and a lot more variety in activities. You can go from a street race to a time trial to a "drive here to take a picture" mission to "race against this airplane" event. However, it's got a much less forgiving driving model. It can be made more Burnout-ish, but doesn't start off at that level.

But they're both great games. I don't regret buying either. And Forza's an absolute steal at $15. Heck, for $40 combined, buy them both.

#537 Revanchist

Revanchist

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

So when exactly does Amazons' Black Friday deal start? (time wise)
Does it start exactly when the clock hits midnight or does it start hours later? Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

#538 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

If Forza: H really gonna be $15 at Walmart??

#539 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Does it start exactly when the clock hits midnight or does it start hours later? Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Usually on thanksgivng or late the night before
Posted Image

#540 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

It seems it will start at Monday 19... 11 Days 10 hours...
For example: last year the Ps3 bundles were live and gone in a few hours and they didn't wait for thursday midnight, the deals were off the afternoon of thursday Nov 24.
As it's BF slogan says... "It's never too early for a good deal".

Edited by FerDK, 08 November 2012 - 10:07 PM.

Posted Image