Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#5461 fan_i_am

fan_i_am

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Does the Wal-Mart 360 version of Transformers Fall of Cybertron still include the download of war for cybertron?

I don't think so because the ones that had it had a sticker on the box. Also online there's the vanilla $25 version along with a "stickered" $50 version.

#5462 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

are the 1600 MSP at Target good all friday? I didn't grab any because I thought they changed that deal, might try to go back and grab some.

#5463 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

are the 1600 MSP at Target good all friday? I didn't grab any because I thought they changed that deal, might try to go back and grab some.

I'd get them ASAP if you want them.

#5464 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Home at last (3:30am, have work in 4.5 hours...)

Here's my haul from Walmart / Target / Best Buy:

Samsung Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player - $70
Madden 13 (360) - $35
Assassin's Creed Revelations (360, for a friend) - $8
Call of Duty World at War (360) - $10
Microsoft 1600 Point Card x2 - $20
HDMI Cable - $10
Walking Dead Season 1 (DVD) - $10
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (DVD) - $4

Total $170-180 after tax. This is not including the stuff I already got on Newegg and Steam, plus still debating on Amazon's Vita bundle.

#5465 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Don't let the employees fool you at WM as far as prices go, the 1 walmart I went to they didn't want to answer pricing questions so I had to find a scanner, if you can find games in the case and it's locked, ask for the game, I was able to grab Red Dead Redemption GOTY for 15 on xbox 360 and God of War Saga for 15.

This of course isn't new information, just more of a reminder to those wonder why they can't find the games they want, I was able to find everything I was looking for, if you know where to look.

Of course if I wasn't satisfied with this walmart, I could of gone to any of the other 4 we have in town. Aside from the gaming, got the 10 dollar tripod I was looking for at the end of my shopping, most stuff like that was thrown in customer service area in buggys (only need it for certain stationary shots, no movement, investment for a project I got sunday). Debating on if I want to keep the 1 tb toshiba hard drive I got for 59. Anyways, be sure to check the buggys around the store!

#5466 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

I returned to Walmart to PM the MSP from Target's card. I forgot to do it when I was already there. The lady did the override, but she seemed to have difficulty the first time doing it. I hope she activated them correctly. I don't have a 360 yet, so I can't try to activate them myself. For the people that did the override, do the points work for you? And is there any other way to check, besides activating them on an Xbox?

You don't need an xbox to redeem your points. If you have already made a gamertag/account on xbox.com you can go there and apply the points.
Get paid for the time you spend on the web! Click here

#5467 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Just picked up GTA Chinatown Wars for the DS for $10 on eBay/Newegg with free shipping. Oldie but goodie :)

Newegg
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878145031

Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/...999&PID=1225267

#5468 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Denied at Target?

Yep. The guy was a real dick about it, too and said that the ad was a misprint and there was nothing he could do.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5469 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Question for those that went to walmart.

I was wondering if the 360 version of 007 Legends and Angry Brids Kinect were part of the deals there or not.

#5470 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Yep. The guy was a real dick about it, too and said that the ad was a misprint and there was nothing he could do.

Oh man, that sucks. I'm about to go back out to my Target and try and get some...I hope I got someone nice. If not, I'll have to try Walmart...ugh...

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#5471 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Damn, any chance Walmart still has most of these games in stock at the same price in 8hrs?

#5472 CommanderShiro

CommanderShiro

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Damn, any chance Walmart still has most of these games in stock at the same price in 8hrs?

Unlikely. At least from my experiences, games were running low fast. Saw plenty of parents re-entering the line to buy more games for their kids.

#5473 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

If a cashier at Target gives you a problem ask for the manager. They're suppose to honor whatever's on the ad, error or not. If you don't like confrontation just try another cashier or even customer service if available.

#5474 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

If I were you, I'd get my ass over to Target before they're gone. Not only are the 1600's working but some Targets fucked up and rung up 2400's for $10.
Get paid for the time you spend on the web! Click here

#5475 hack

hack

shadow of the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Looks like GameFly's PC game sales just went live. Picked up Torchlight 2 for $11.99, that's $14.99 plus 20% off. That's cheaper than what Steam is currently offering, and the CD key activates on Steam as well. Sooo... good deal!
prjkthack
Twitter / YouTube

#5476 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

HEY CAG's ive got a non video game question...
what do you guys think about the 32 inch samsung led tv @ bestbuy, it's 720p and 60hz, for $250 ? did any body pick this up today, or might of already had it ?
im thinking of going back to BB to pick it up.
any info would be nice.

#5477 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Went to Wal-Mart to check out the leftovers 4 hours after it started. The games pallet was completely empty save a few random games here and there. I was pretty upset until I got to the registers at the entertainment center and saw four or five carts full of games that had been tossed in. I gladly dug through the carts and picked up X-Com, GoW Saga, Uncharted 3 and LittleBigPlanet 2. I also bought all of the Harry Potter blu-rays (except for the first movie, couldn't frickin' find it) and the Lord of the Rings blu-rays. Pretty happy. Loaded up on games and blu-rays for my new PS3.

#5478 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

PM'd 3 1600 cards no problem. the guy wasnt even looking at ads anymore for anything lol.

the games were gone in moments.

but got a cheap kinect at gamestop which i wasnt expecting to have such a line....and i didnt know that counted as a B2G1 so i got two other games....now the question wtf to return. thinking the newegg Wii U games are getting returned.

#5479 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

wonder how long before people try to flip on craigslist lol

#5480 Jowy

Jowy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hi all,

Someone can confirm/had information on the PS Vita Assassin's Creed III Liberation Pack for 179,99 $ today on Amazon.com ?

#5481 KOPITARRULEZ_11

KOPITARRULEZ_11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

If I were you, I'd get my ass over to Target before they're gone. Not only are the 1600's working but some Targets fucked up and rung up 2400's for $10.

r u serious about the 2400 take a photo of your receipt if you can and yeh those 1600's rang up 10 without a problem

#5482 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

So with a few of my target points I picked up
Rock Band Blitz
Lush - Sweetness & Light for that (rock band store really needs more shoegaze)
Bastion
Peggle
Geometry Wars
Castle Crashers
Magic 2013 & its expac
Oct car pack for Horizon, plus the two free cars
Bully

Everything but Bully was half off, Bully was third off and cheaper than used. So basically i paid 25% for the rest and still have tons of points for Durango and what should be a slow spring and summer for xbla outside of state of decay.

BTW the Xbox mobile site is excellent on windows phone, but the 360 dl queue is mysteriously unlinked.

#5483 pirasee

pirasee

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

the question has probably been asked, but do you think amazon will price match walmart on select games through online chat?

#5484 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

So that was a mixed bag 2nd trip. Decided to stop at BBY to turn $200 in credit into a prepaid visa. Got a couple of Blu and Kindle cards also. Wait in line and then when I try to pay with my GC I get denied on the Visa. She tells me no GCs for GCs (while we are both staring at the Kindle cards but I said nothing) and a manger walks over and says it is new corporate policy. We that sucks donkey ball now that I have $1,000+ in credit there.

Target was almost a complete bust. Got there about 2:30 and it was not worse than a Sat afternoon. Go to electronics and the 1600 point cards are empty. Decided to do a one over and found 4 of them laying on top of some Wii stuff. They rang up at $10. 4 hours earlier the same cards needed a PM. Anyway, I got 9 total which should be just fine.

#5485 sram

sram

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

So Justice have been done lately regarding the deflated MSP cards.
Guess Justice will be done in the next round when the XBL marketplace inflates with all your 'stealing' MSP haha I was thrilled scrolling all pages with x 1600 MSP card, the cashier of Target and poor PMed Walmart.. etc

My haul (with a little help of 2 of my friends 1-online an 1 in-store from the US doing their 'justice'):
- Skyrim $25 Amazon
- AC Revelation $8 Amazon
- 3 month gold card $12 Amazon
- Max Payne 3 $10 Walmart (lost to K-mart deal)
- Red dead redemption GOTY $15 Walmart
- Dead island GOTY $8 Best Buy
Total dam lit more than $70 which is nearly 1,500,000 Vietnam Dong.

Thanks to Viber, the internet and especially you, CAGers!

ps: hopefully next few hours awaking, there'll be confirmed Borderlands 2 $25 (amazon Lighting deals), Batman AC GOTY $20 Amazon. oh I totally forgot Forza Horrizon $15 when my friend was at Walmart. Will try to get it by MS online store.

Cheers from Vietnam!

#5486 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

My haul this Black Friday was:

Amazon
Turtle Beach P11 $34.99
Steel Diver and the two Nintendogs $8.15

Gamestop
PS3 Super Slim Bundle $199.99-$180 for trade in= $19.99

Gamestop B1G1 Glitch 37.36
Uncharted 3
Resistance 3
Gran Turismo
Ico and Shadow Bundle

Grand Total= 100

B1G1 glitch?
Posted Image

#5487 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Does the new Medal of Honor Warfighter suck or something cause both Walmart's I went to tonight had a tons of them unsold lol

#5488 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

12-Months - $34.99 Xbox Live Gold membership cards are active again on eBay/Buy. Better hurry if you want one.
http://www.ebay.com/...999&PID=1225267

Thanks! Just picked it up. :bouncy:

#5489 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Looks like Spec Ops: The Line dropped to $20 for PS3/360 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...pd_rhf_ee_p_t_2

Now to wait for the AWD prices to adjust to possibly get a few bucks off, though at the moment AWD only has 1 PS3 copy and 5 360 copies. Either way not a bad alternative for those trying to avoid the Walmart madness. Might be worth keeping an eye on some other games for those Friday-exclusive sales.

#5490 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

My Target was dead. No line, still plenty of games. Able to pick up Arkham City GOTY.

Probably should have picked up some point cards but oh well. Try walking over in the morning. Got unspent Live points as is.

Edit: Never mind, the point cards were a picture misprint? I'm not one to ask for a price match on stuff like that so the good news is I can sleep in and shower late.