Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#5521 edoubledeezy

edoubledeezy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Did a lot of shopping today, hit up a bunch of stores for games and just mass in store deals everywhere. Crazy how some stores ran out of products in seconds, yet at 2am some stores had large pallets that others didn't with people just picking away here and there. Got some of the major stuff as far as games deals as far as max payne, nba 2k13, and borderlands.

#5522 The Truth

The Truth

I miss SOCOM. DBU!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

went to the 8 p.m. madness at about 8:15 in Greenville, PA and snagged:

Ratchet and Clank collection
Sly Collection
God of War Saga
Lego Batman 2
SOCOM 4 (I will miss you, Zipper!)
Dead Island
Dishonored (2 left)
XCOM (2 left)
NBA 2K13

Then went to the back and grabbed a copy of WWE 13. All for around $180. I felt very fortunate after missing all the deals on Walmart.com earlier in the day.

Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy D!
"I'm hot boy, I'm burnin' up. I do my thang in the club with da burner tuck'd."

#5523 ZuKe Zuchegno

ZuKe Zuchegno

I'm Sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

For those not finding any 1600 point cards with the video games, check the register lanes. Both of my Targets had no cards in electronics, but had tons at check-out.

If anyone is going to pick some up today could they grab me one? I have no Target and my Walmart wont price match cause the closest Target is out of PM range.
Quote: uncle5555 The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#5524 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

The one in Salem, NH had signs for $10 rebate for $50 purchased. Different at every Target?

That was for buying $50 of clothing

#5525 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I was at Target with ad in hand ready to talk my way into some $10 point cards but was surprised when they rang up "correctly". I couldn't help myself and I went back for a couple more.

When I went back the second time (about 30 minutes later), I noticed that someone had taken the 10 or so 3-month live cards that were properly marked. I think it was a hoarder since this was around 1 am. I'm guessing he didn't know about the point cards.

#5526 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Dropped by Wal-Mart after waking up from a turkey coma and got myself Xcom and Borderlands 2. No lines, friendly people behind the counter, and spilled coffee on my crotch in the car.

Pretty great black friday.

#5527 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Just picked up 5 MSP cards at the Target in Santee. There are some around the checkout lanes where the other gift cards are, rang up $10 each without a hassle.

#5528 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Well crap. Just got from Gamestop with a PS3 in hand, only to see that my order from BestBuy has been paid and processed. I'll definitely wait until I get shipping confirmation, but it looks like I'll be making a return.

#5529 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Just got back from Target (Cincinnati) and bought (5) 1600 MS Point Cards for $10/each. I tried the newer version (two avatar characters on the front) and that one rung up as $20. So look for the older version (mine had a girl avatar on the front). I found all five at the cash registers in the front. I was the only person in line. OH YEAH!

#5530 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Ended up buyng 10 MS cards, considered buying the other 15+ but decided against it

Walked into Walmart, most of the games were gone but got GT5 XL, GTA Complete and RDR GOTY so went pretty good

#5531 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I swore I wasn't going to B&M but I'm tempted to try Target for some of those 1600 point cards then swing by Wal-Mart to see what the game selection looks like. I'm guessing the real madness is over by now at those places?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5532 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I bought 3 MS point cards and still I feel I might go back tomorrow and get some more.... it is just so tempting even though I have NO CLUE what I will spend so many points on

#5533 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I swore I wasn't going to B&M but I'm tempted to try Target for some of those 1600 point cards then swing by Wal-Mart to see what the game selection looks like. I'm guessing the real madness is over by now at those places?

Same here. Thanks to all the CAG posters about which cards to get, how they are at the cashier lines... I might just go in at like 10 or something.

#5534 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I couldn't sleep, and saw some posts that the $10 xbox points were live. Though I didn't want to go out on Black Friday, I figured what the hell.

*MAJOR INFO REGARDING XBOX POINTS AT TARGET*
The reason that some people are getting the deal and others aren't is because some cards are older/newer and didn't update. They look exactly like the other cards that work (with a female avatar in the lower right hand corner), but the sku on the back in the upper right corner is different. (There might be other cards out there, but this is all my location had).

The good barcode reads: 799366723110
The bad barcode reads: 799366774389

The manager almost said not to override the bad barcoded ones because it "might be a purchase limit" but the cashier was cool and pointed out the barcode difference. Another manager was walking by and said all 1600 cards should be $10, at which point the cashier did a "told you so!" and gave the override. That said, 20 minutes and $70 for 11200 points can't be beat! There were probably several hundred cards left at the cashier lanes, but none in the video game section. This was at the National City (San Diego, CA) location.

#5535 testudo

testudo

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I think I am going to buy the AC3 Vita bundle from gamestop the 199. deal is up there... Amazon dropped the ball

http://www.gamestop....n-bundle/102637

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#5536 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think I am going to buy the AC3 Vita bundle from gamestop the 199. deal is up there... Amazon dropped the ball

http://www.gamestop....n-bundle/102637

Amazon's deal is coming at noon and you're probably gonna be pretty upset if you don't wait.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#5537 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I bought 3 MS point cards and still I feel I might go back tomorrow and get some more.... it is just so tempting even though I have NO CLUE what I will spend so many points on

I mostly use points to buy online passes b/c I borrow games from friends or buy used. And of course, overpriced DLC. LOL. It's funny b/c it's true.

#5538 ZuKe Zuchegno

ZuKe Zuchegno

I'm Sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

which game should i get XCOM or Borderlands 2
Quote: uncle5555 The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#5539 manigamer

manigamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Heads up amazon again bringing that borderlands 2 lightening deal for 25$ 360,ps3 ! :D

#5540 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

*MAJOR INFO REGARDING XBOX POINTS AT TARGET*
The reason that some people are getting the deal and others aren't is because some cards are older/newer and didn't update. They look exactly like the other cards that work (with a female avatar in the lower right hand corner), but the sku on the back in the upper right corner is different. (There might be other cards out there, but this is all my location had).

The good barcode reads: 799366723110
The bad barcode reads: 799366774389

Good to know, I think this should be added to the OP.

#5541 testudo

testudo

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Amazon's deal is coming at noon and you're probably gonna be pretty upset if you don't wait.

What happend to the "8am Reddit" time?

Noon PST time... which is 3pm here.

Amazon should regionalize the time zones for shoppers.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#5542 manigamer

manigamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

i see god of war saga also for 15$ coming on amazon.com :)

#5543 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Heads up amazon again bringing that borderlands 2 lightening deal for 25$ 360,ps3 ! :D

Same price at Walmart (with tax tho) for whom it may concern

#5544 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

pretty pleased with my haul so far. Now I get to go work 8 hours today...awesome. Gotta love an office job.

#5545 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Yeah I got caught up in the hype of buying a few cards but I never really spend MS points anyway. Not sure what Ill be spending these MS points on. I'm a cheapass who even waits until GOTY, COMPLETE, or FULL editions of games...and I rather buy the actual game discs rather than have DL versions too. Maybe some exclusive arcade titles or swag for my avi?

Edited by CaboWabo, 23 November 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#5546 nccows

nccows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

i see god of war saga also for 15$ coming on amazon.com :)

Pardon? When?

#5547 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

which game should i get XCOM or Borderlands 2

Personally I recommend XCOM, as it's my game of the year for sure!

#5548 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

I still have $100+ of points from the Target fiasco a couple of years back where you got a $20 coupon with the purchase of ANY game... I couldn't resist picking up $5 copies of Tomb Raider Legend and getting a $20 point card every time. Especially since they were trading in for $11 at GS... Ended up with $300 or $400 of points. I don't buy much, so it's taken a long time to burn the credit...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#5549 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'm going back to sleep, but any of you who jumped on the new PS3s today -- I hope you'll stick around and pick up Uncharted 3 when it goes on sale on Amazon. By far, my favorite game from the franchise (and one of my favorite games for the PS3).
Posted Image

#5550 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I still have $100+ of points from the Target fiasco a couple of years back where you got a $20 coupon with the purchase of ANY game... I couldn't resist picking up $5 copies of Tomb Raider Legend and getting a $20 point card every time. Especially since they were trading in for $11 at GS... Ended up with $300 or $400 of points. I don't buy much, so it's taken a long time to burn the credit...

How did you trade in 20 copies of Tomb Raider at Gamestop?