Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#571 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Pffffttt you can see family just about anytime you want, you only get to see $15 Forza once a year. ;)

Haha, well we eat dinner late, like around 7 or 7:30pm. And I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner. :P

#572 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

We have dinner around 3 pm so I guess Ill head to Wal-mart right when we are done, lol.

#573 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

Haha, well we eat dinner late, like around 7 or 7:30pm. And I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner. :P

Buy a Justin Bieber lunchbox and bring a turkey sandwich and a piece of pie with you. :lol:
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#574 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Pffffttt you can see family just about anytime you want, you only get to see $15 Forza once a year. ;)

QFT. Plus I get to play the birthday card this year. 8-)

#575 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Noticed another game for $25 in Walmart ad under a stack of PS3 games; :ps3: 007 Legends.

#576 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Great list at Wal-Mart. I edited out the blue headers under the Wal-Mart section and just left them bolded because with the default CAG background it was hard to read them.

TheVila.png

#577 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Noticed another game for $25 in Walmart ad under a stack of PS3 games; :ps3: 007 Legends.

Too bad it's not $15...:cry:

:)

#578 doppelganger

doppelganger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I'm just going to pull up a lawn chair and wait for all of these "Wal-Mart just won Black Friday" topics to turn into "Wal-Mart is the mother bleeping anti-Christ" topics.

If these sales are online and you're able to pounce on the fairly quickly after they're posted, you might be ok. But as far as going out to an actual B&M store.....I'm afraid people have no idea what they're getting themselves into, and more importantly how few copies of some of these games there are going to be.

#579 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, do they usually have these deals online for Instore pick up?

#580 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Too bad it's not $15...:cry:

too bad it isn't $1.50

#581 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

I'm afraid people have no idea what they're getting themselves into, and more importantly how few copies of some of these games there are going to be.

I couldn't agree more... Specifically for Forza Horizon, you couldn't pay me to try to snag a copy as I believe that's what most people will go for first since it's such a great price.

#582 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

I was definitely going to go with WWE 13 at Wal-Mart until I seen "in store only". Definitely not worth the headaches of Black Friday to go to an actual Wal-Mart store but I was willing to order online.

#583 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Almost tempted to risk my frail body against the masses at Wal-Mart..almost.

I'm hoping there's great deals on 360 controllers & battery packs...

#584 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Too be honest I didn't think Black Friday last year was that bad at Walmart. I got there about an hour before the sales started and got everything I wanted. The only think that sucked was waiting in line to pay. I had friends with me so we just shot the shit.

However I'm expecting this year too be pretty chaotic. I'm ready though ;)
Posted Image

#585 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

too bad it isn't $1.50

That sums its worth. :)

#586 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm just going to pull up a lawn chair and wait for all of these "Wal-Mart just won Black Friday" topics to turn into "Wal-Mart is the mother bleeping anti-Christ" topics.

If these sales are online and you're able to pounce on the fairly quickly after they're posted, you might be ok. But as far as going out to an actual B&M store.....I'm afraid people have no idea what they're getting themselves into, and more importantly how few copies of some of these games there are going to be.

My secret for Wal-Mart is just go to the normal game cases before the sale starts and grab what you want from there. Last year I grabbed everything I wanted before the sale started and I was able to check out right at 10:00. Of course this is YMMV but it is something worth remembering.

TheVila.png

#587 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

I couldn't agree more... Specifically for Forza Horizon, you couldn't pay me to try to snag a copy as I believe that's what most people will go for first since it's such a great price.

I double double agree. The deals are sweet as tits, but in reality not worth it. More than likely, you'll end up waiting for literally 1 hour next to smelly horders and old people with a copy of a game, CD, or movie that you didn't really want and had to settle for because all the good stuff was sold out during the first 124 seconds of 23 November 2013.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#588 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

I'm very confused, there are like no deals on the Vita. With how terribly it's selling, I'd have thought they'd make a big push to move stock of those for BF/CM

#589 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

2 things like others have said...

1.) Sad there is no 3DS XL bundle, I sold my 3DS over the summer before the XL came hoping to grab an XL bundle... maybe (doubtful) Gamestop will throw one up... or at least Amazon have their own custom bundle

2.) No Vita game sales is a real bummer, but hopefully Amazon has some lightning deals. But again, the ones they'd prob drop to <$15 are the ones we already have seen at that price.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#590 PMAN7103

PMAN7103

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Does Gamefly ever do any special deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

#591 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

My secret for Wal-Mart is just go to the normal game cases before the sale starts and grab what you want from there. Last year I grabbed everything I wanted before the sale started and I was able to check out right at 10:00. Of course this is YMMV but it is something worth remembering.

I know they put colored stickers on the cases to let customers know the price, but do they have special UPC stickers on the box? If I recall they do not. Maybe this year Ill try that and try the self scanner to see if it works. I'm pretty sure the prices are based on time and not special packaging.

#592 dablemont

dablemont

The Storm is Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

So, can I just show up 2 hours earlier, grab the games I want and wait until 8pm, or do they "force you" to pay right away? I mean, how can they even do that? Sure, they have to open the glass door to get the game to you, but they always ask whether or not you want to pay at the front cashier...?
Is this how you guys are able to nab these deals?

dablemont.png

#593 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I know they put colored stickers on the cases to let customers know the price, but do they have special UPC stickers on the box? If I recall they do not. Maybe this year Ill try that and try the self scanner to see if it works. I'm pretty sure the prices are based on time and not special packaging.

I did it last year with no trouble. In fact I got the Arkham City bundle for the same price as the single game that was in the bins.

If they have the cabinets open, go there. That is my plan for this year to.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#594 Brian1rr

Brian1rr

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

So, can I just show up 2 hours earlier, grab the games I want and wait until 8pm, or do they "force you" to pay right away? I mean, how can they even do that? Sure, they have to open the glass door to get the game to you, but they always ask whether or not you want to pay at the front cashier...?
Is this how you guys are able to nab these deals?

That's a great question

#595 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

I did it last year with no trouble. In fact I got the Arkham City bundle for the same price as the single game that was in the bins.

If they have the cabinets open, go there. That is my plan for this year to.

yeah unfortunately for me last year people nabbed up all the bundles before the sale technically started but yeah all the main games were in the case at mine

#596 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Totally showing up early now. Do they not close on thanksgiving?

#597 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Anyone will go to camping earlier than 2 days for buying these games in California?

#598 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Think i'm just going to pay the $50 extra to buy the AC:L Vita, I really don't want to fight BB crowds for a bundle I don't actually want.
Posted Image

#599 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Wow good to see. I'll show up a few hours early so I can actually find the games I want in the main case and just hold them until 8. I have a feeling my Walmart actually walks the games to a register for you to pay though. I'll just bring my wife and have a cart full of crap and say I'm still shopping.

#600 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Is holding onto the games even going to work? Remember it's Walmart, not all the copies are gonna be for sale. Only the ones with the "Promo" sticker will be on sale. They have a sticker barcode that's different than the rest.