Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#6241 Gore

Gore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Probably not since they are technically different items (SKU wise).

Thank you. I guess I'm sol. The local walmarts are sold out so no in store pickup from walmart.com.

Will I be able to use a vanilla copy to play the dlc after installing from the goty?

#6242 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Thank you. I guess I'm sol. The local walmarts are sold out so no in store pickup from walmart.com.

Was it a mistake or did you just change your mind on the system you want it on?
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#6243 Gore

Gore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Was it a mistake or did you just change your mind on the system you want it on?

I don't even have a ps3. I've looked for two copies for the x360 since bestbuy's early black friday. The orders were cancelled by bestbuy.com and then sold out.

I was able to pm @ walmart and get one copy. That's the best I accomplished.

If it had split-screen, it wouldn't be an issue. We are more "couch co-op" gamers.

Edited by Gore, 27 November 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#6244 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

I think I may end up returning Doom 3 BFG to gamestop, I'd like to finally play through Doom 2/3 (I only ever played the first) but I doubt I will get to it anytime soon

I might just sell them off for $52 each (they both have the Nuketown preorder maps included if that makes any difference) and use it towards the Vita.

Might not make a difference but those Nuketown maps might not catch as much as before since Nuketown is only available during certain times now.

#6245 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Ah the Mists of Pandaria CE is $35, I got the regular for $15 at Best Buy that's supposed to be here tomorrow.. debating on whether to get this and return the regular version. Are the extras worth $35 compared to a regular $15 version?

#6246 Foreverreds13

Foreverreds13

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Got my Killzone/Dualshock combo pack from Best Buy today and when I opened it, I saw that both discs were labeled "Killzone 3". Anyone run into this?

#6247 GregSal1

GregSal1

Computer says no.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I got my God of War Saga today, and there was no voucher for the 1 month PS+. Did this happen to anyone else?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6248 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

I got my God of War Saga today, and there was no voucher for the 1 month PS+. Did this happen to anyone else?

If it doesn't say it on the back cover then it doesn't come with one.

#6249 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Only some of them come with one. It'll say so on the back of the box. Just wondering, when does it say that your vouchers of Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta expire?

#6250 GregSal1

GregSal1

Computer says no.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Mine says it expires on 3/31/2013.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6251 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

any idea if amazon is done with their lightning deals on games ?

#6252 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Well, here's my haul.

Xbox 360
$15 - Forza Horizon
$25 - Dishonored
$25 - Skyrim

PS3
$15 - Red Dead Redemption GOTY
$15 - Ratchet & Clank Collection
$25 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2
$35 - Assassin's Creed III

Wii/Wii U
$15 - Pikmin 2
During Toys R Us' BOGO40 I picked up NSMBU, Ninja Gaiden, Scribblenauts and ZombiU.

Also traded the NSMBU that came with my Wii Deluxe bundle from Walmart for a copy of PlayStation All-Stars.
Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#6253 Relativetime

Relativetime

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

any idea if amazon is done with their lightning deals on games ?

They haven't updated the calendar and I don't see any on the deals list, so it's possible.

#6254 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Well, here's my haul.

Xbox 360
$15 - Forza Horizon
$25 - Dishonored
$25 - Skyrim

PS3
$15 - Red Dead Redemption GOTY
$15 - Ratchet & Clank Collection
$25 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2
$35 - Assassin's Creed III

Wii/Wii U
$15 - Pikmin 2
During Toys R Us' BOGO40 I picked up NSMBU, Ninja Gaiden, Scribblenauts and ZombiU.

Also traded the NSMBU that came with my Wii Deluxe bundle from Walmart for a copy of PlayStation All-Stars.

Did you pull the no receipt thing ?? Asking as I am trying to figure out whether to trade in my Forza with Amazon or try to exchange with Walmart.

#6255 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Did anyone else find Cyber Monday highly disappointing?

#6256 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Its been disappointing every year its existed, so no
Posted Image

#6257 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Yep.. I picked up a few Monster High sets for my wife for 50% off, and also motorstorm apocalypse for $15, Journey collection and the devil may cry collection for around $15 each, but that was about it across all websites.

#6258 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Cyber Monday is like cyber sex, it's only good if you never experienced the real thing.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#6259 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Price matching the journey collection at bestbuy was the first cyber Monday deal ive ever done lol. I knew it would suck this year
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#6260 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Cyber Monday is like cyber sex, it's only good if you never experienced the real thing.

True but, I remember a few years ago getting a bunch of deals on Cyber Monday. I guess I expect too much

Black Friday this year was meh for the most part, I did nab a number of deals though

#6261 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

hey guys, I just realized my NFS most wanted from BB doesn't say LIMITED EDITION on it (even though the listing says LE) like the pic on Amazon's website. Are they all LE or did I get a vanilla. (crap!)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#6262 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Cyber Monday is just so-so now that the majority of BF sales are online.

#6263 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

hey guys, I just realized my NFS most wanted from BB doesn't say LIMITED EDITION on it (even though the listing says LE) like the pic on Amazon's website. Are they all LE or did I get a vanilla. (crap!)

You got a vanilla. I was worried about that as the description still says Limited Edition but the picture they are showing is of the new vanilla cover art. I'm pretty shocked they sold out of their LEs as every retailer I went to over the weekend only had LEs in stock. I am assuming they will be sending me the vanilla as well. That's disappointing considering how many other places had it in stock for the same price.

#6264 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

You got a vanilla. I was worried about that as the description still says Limited Edition but the picture they are showing is of the new vanilla cover art. I'm pretty shocked they sold out of their LEs as every retailer I went to over the weekend only had LEs in stock. I am assuming they will be sending me the vanilla as well. That's disappointing considering how many other places had it in stock for the same price.

Thanks.

I'm gonna visit my local best buy and exchange it if possible since the packing slip clearly says Limited Edition.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#6265 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Got my Borderlands 2 from Amazon that I ordered late Saturday night.

Forza from the MS Store should be here tomorrow.

As for the NFS Most Wanteds go, can't you find a LE in store then return the vanilla with the LE receipt? Unless of course, you opened it....

#6266 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I got my GTA IV Complete and Assassins Creed: Revelations today from Best Buy. I still have a ton of crap being delivered later today from Amazon, as well as my LBP 2 Move bundle which BB shipped through UPS. After that, I think the only straggler left is my order from WWEShop.

#6267 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I got in on three of the big deals this weekend:

Microsoft Store:
Powerup Heroes (10.00 for my son)
Cars 2 (10.00 for my son)
Rocksmith (10.00)
Binary Domain (10.00)
Witcher 2 (10.00)
SSX (10.00)
Dance Central 3 (15.00 for my wife)

Target:
5 1600 Point cards for Xbox Live (10.00 each)

Amazon:
PS Vita AC3 Liberation bundle with All-stars and 3 month PSN (180.00)

They were all ridiculously good deals!

#6268 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I would be done if not for the following
Jak Collection
Ico Collection

is there an Okami Collection somewhere?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#6269 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Received my Dead Island GOTY from Bestbuy this past Saturday that I had ordered on Monday (via the Silver Member preview). The funny thing is that it shipped out on Tuesday, the 2 Blu Rays I ordered that were backordered, shipped out Thursday and I got them on Friday.. Baffled me...

On my Walmart order, I've received notification that 3 of the 8 games I ordered Friday evening have shipped. The games shipped are Dance Central 3, BF3 Premium, and COD WaW. Still waiting on Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Collection, Gran Turismo 5, and COD: Black Ops. Hope those other go out of processing...

**EDIT**
Wow, In typing that message the status on a bunch of the games changed and I suddenly have a tracking number.. Only game left in processing is Jak and Daxter Collection.

I'm really looking forward to playing those collections as I pretty much skipped the entire PS2/Xbox 1 generation due to actually trying to pass college and not screw off. From what I've read and heard, they are really good.

#6270 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Received my Dead Island GOTY from Bestbuy this past Saturday that I had ordered on Monday (via the Silver Member preview). The funny thing is that it shipped out on Tuesday, the 2 Blu Rays I ordered that were backordered, shipped out Thursday and I got them on Friday.. Baffled me...

On my Walmart order, I've received notification that 3 of the 8 games I ordered Friday evening have shipped. The games shipped are Dance Central 3, BF3 Premium, and COD WaW. Still waiting on Rachet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Collection, Gran Turismo 5, and COD: Black Ops. Hope those other go out of processing...

**EDIT**
Wow, In typing that message the status on a bunch of the games changed and I suddenly have a tracking number.. Only game left in processing is Jak and Daxter Collection.

I'm really looking forward to playing those collections as I pretty much skipped the entire PS2/Xbox 1 generation due to actually trying to pass college and not screw off. From what I've read and heard, they are really good.

how much did u get Jak for? from Walmart? $10?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE