Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#6271 kewljose

kewljose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I feel like I made out like a bandit. I got GoW Saga X2, 1 as a gift; gran turismo xl; forza horizon; ultimate sports kinect; ufc 3 (gift); steel diver (gift); lego harry potter 5-7 (gift); lego batman 2 (gift); traded in my vanilla bf3 for premium; found the last dead island in the store friday afternoon; got starfox yesterday for 20; 2 xbox 3 month live 3 month cards; plus a bunch of cheap blu rays with digital copies and a 32 gb ultra microsd card. Wish I would've gotten ms points cards, but I didn't really want to venture into the crowded stores. The best buy I went to to get dead island was busy but not crazy, cause it's in a remote area. Everywhere else was bananas.
Wish I would've gotten in on the ms store deal early, and I would've gotten skyrim. That would've been the icing on the cake. Been wanting it, but I have a huge backlog of games and figure there will be a goty edition soon and price will drop, but at 10 bucks I would've bit.

#6272 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

how much did u get jak for? From walmart? $10?

$15

#6273 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Got my packages from Best Buy today, looks like I am another person that got the complete wrong order. Got a portable hard drive and Madden, I ordered Need for speed, epic mickey 2, and dishonored. Now I am listening to wonderful christmas music trying to talk to Best Buy reps. AWESOME

#6274 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Got my Killzone/Dualshock combo pack from Best Buy today and when I opened it, I saw that both discs were labeled "Killzone 3". Anyone run into this?

My two discs were labeled "Killzone Trilogy- Killzone|Killzone 2; Killzone Trilogy- Killzone 3"

If that helps

#6275 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I would be done if not for the following
Jak Collection
Ico Collection

is there an Okami Collection somewhere?

Considering the only Okami games in existence are the :ps2: version, :wii: version, HD version for :ps3:, and Okamiden for :ds:, I don't think a collection would make a lot of sense.

That's not to say I wouldn't buy one if it got made, however. :lol:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#6276 memphissheik

memphissheik

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Let me see...

Forza: Horizon x 2
Binary Domain (played the demo this morning, so damn happy I listened to people saying buy buy buy)
Dance Central 3
NBA 2K13 Xbox
NBA 2K13 PS3
1600 MS Points Cards x 2
XBox Live Gold 3 Month Cards x 2
The Witcher 2

all in all, I'm happy and my nephews are taken care of.
thank you fellow CAG's
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Batman Arkham City GOTY: YESSSSS

#6277 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Pretty happy with my black Friday steals.

Borderlands 2 @ Microsoft Store for $24.99
Dishonored @ Microsoft Store for $24.99
Ghost Recon Future Soldier @ Microsoft Store for $9.99
Dead Island GOTY @ BestBuy for $7.99
Turtle Beach X12 @ GameStop for $39.99

:) hope the after Christmas sales are just as good!

#6278 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Got my packages from Best Buy today, looks like I am another person that got the complete wrong order. Got a portable hard drive and Madden, I ordered Need for speed, epic mickey 2, and dishonored. Now I am listening to wonderful christmas music trying to talk to Best Buy reps. AWESOME

This is what happens when you don't employ Oompah Loompas.

#6279 lethargic

lethargic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Has anybody had any trouble getting their Black Friday orders from the Origin Store sale shipped? Every store I ordered from has shipped except for them. I would chalk that up to being busy but what's really troubling is that the order no longer shows in my order history. I have spent several sessions on their website the past couple of days trying to find a way to contact some kind of customer support and I can't find any kind of email or anything to ask for help so I don't know what I should do.

#6280 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Haha, only Walmart. My local WM had about 30 of the Spyro/360 bundles left after Black Friday, and I was on the fence about picking one up for my daughter. Even last night, they were still priced at 149. I decided to go and pick one up today and sure enough, it rings up $199. "How do we get rid of the 30+ consoles that sold poorly on Black Friday? Let's mark them up $50!" :roll:

Still not a bad price, all things considered, but still a deal breaker for me now. Looks like she's getting a Wii this year instead. :D

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#6281 iknowlondon

iknowlondon

Tina Perm Your Weave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Well, my Pulp Fiction Blu Ray and Dead island GOTY arrived today from Best Buy but still no Battlefield 3 Premium. No tracking number either.8-[

I wanna roll models but be a role model, no Barkley.

I'm at the United Center but not the Barclays.

The Madhouse on Madison, the kid get to mackin em

No Equal on these beats unless I'm featuring saccharin.

My Music--> http://www.hulkshare.com/I_AM_LONDON

#6282 raven054

raven054

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Anyone get a copy of the b1g1 GameStop glitch I got two halos. There is a white sticker covering the main sticker saying defective return to warehouse. Has anybody's used games ever came like this? This is the first time I have bought from GameStop.

#6283 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Anyone get a copy of the b1g1 GameStop glitch I got two halos. There is a white sticker covering the main sticker saying defective return to warehouse. Has anybody's used games ever came like this? This is the first time I have bought from GameStop.

If you bought online, it was likely a scratched copy that was sent from the store back to the warehouse for resurfacing.

#6284 raven054

raven054

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Ohh ok bc they are not destroyed or anything and don't appear to be scratched. So I was confused thanks j removed the stickers to not hurt resale value.

#6285 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I ordered one copy of Little Big Planet Karting from Target and they sent me 4 copies of the game. I'm not complaining about that one!

:beer:

#6286 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Btw, has anyone checked to see if the WM games with the dots on them from BF are still ringing up for the BF weekend prices? I saw several in my local store but they were all locked up in their display cases and had no way of checking the price since I was on the way to work.

#6287 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Btw, has anyone checked to see if the WM games with the dots on them from BF are still ringing up for the BF weekend prices? I saw several in my local store but they were all locked up in their display cases and had no way of checking the price since I was on the way to work.

They were ringing up regular price at mine two days ago. It figured, because I had finally found a copy of Angry Birds and Forza Horizon (both with dots).

I think the only reason DVDs were still ringing up at the BF price is because they are promo copies with a promo UPC stuck on that is different from the normal UPC. The games don't have those stuck-on UPCs.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#6288 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

so....my Borderlands 2 Amazon order from the Lightning deal Thursday night still hasnt shipped...and my Forza looks like its been delivered to the wrong address...ugh. Time to get on the phone and harass some CS people!

#6289 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

They were ringing up regular price at mine two days ago. It figured, because I had finally found a copy of Angry Birds and Forza Horizon (both with dots).

I think the only reason DVDs were still ringing up at the BF price is because they are promo copies with a promo UPC stuck on that is different from the normal UPC. The games don't have those stuck-on UPCs.

Thanks! That helps to save me a trip back.