Photo
- - - - -

Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1141 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Does Fry's put out their Black Friday ad early? Anyone know? Curious to see if they have any good deals!

#1142 JeanLuc Awesome

JeanLuc Awesome

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

I'm definitely going to snag XCOM for $20 and Forza Horizon for $15.

I figured there'd for sure be a good deal on Sleeping Dogs too but there isn't anywhere..shame.

#1143 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Is it possible that Walmart will match their BF deals on their website? And if they dont any tips on surviving Walmart on BT/BF? Mainly interested on the Video Games and the DVDs and Blurays.

#1144 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Has anyone seen anything for Gamestop (Black Friday) at all? I'm hoping it's buy 2 get 1 free like last year on used games. As a Power Up member, I got to go shop 2 days before anyone else. In my area, there aren't many people that go to my Gamestop, so I got Dark Souls, Battlefield 3 and White Knight Chronicles 2 in the deal while there were many copies available. It was awesome :D

#1145 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

What i was considering doing was getting the older 3ds, then waiting for a newer model to come out (preferably one with two analog sticks) and giving my older one to my wife/son.

People who buy a 3DS XL with just two analog sticks
are early adopters who are gonna get screwed.
Ima waiting for a 3DS XL with three analog sticks.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1146 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Thanks, good points all around. I guess the best way I can repay the help is by throwing in my opinion on the new PS3 bundle.

It's the new Slim, but people exaggerate it being "worse." It's slimmer and smaller than the old Slim, but has a slide open disc slot. Imagine it being something like the GameCube or a really old CD player, where if the system breaks, you don't lose your game at the expense of a very ugly looking design (in many people's opinon; I'm indifferent since I own pretty much every fat console and handheld there is).

It also contains my GOTG Uncharted 1 (not 2, 1, you read that right. I'm probably the only person in the world that would say it's a 10 out of 10 and their favorite game this gen along with 2 being slightly disappointed), contains Uncharted 2, and inFamous 1 and 2, which are both critically acclaimed and have many fans even though I think the series is ass.

Thanks for the info. I suppose the design of the new Slim is what puts people off, more than any mechanical flaws. If I hadn't bought the older Slim four months ago I'd probably be aiming to get one of the newer ones, because I do like the fact that it comes bundled with the games, with a bigger HD, for $199. But since I already have the older slim, I'll focus on getting game deals... if I can get to them in time on Friday. I'm skipping the doorbuster deals; the only thing that could get me up that early would be the actual zombie apocalypse. But I bear a close resemblance to a zombie at that hour anyway. :drool: If Walmart will price-match Target's ad, then I'm going to try to pick up the 1600 msp card for $10... and then whatever games they have left Friday afternoon. And then maybe Cyber Monday, though that can be hit-or-miss too, I think stuff sold out really quick last year on Amazon.

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#1147 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hoping GS will release their black friday deals Monday.

kikyou1.png

#1148 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Someone better put the Siberia V2 headset on sale, I have a $45 office max gift card and I want them to pricematch.

#1149 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Shame. I haven't seen any Vita memory cards on sale yet....

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#1150 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Is it possible that Walmart will match their BF deals on their website? And if they dont any tips on surviving Walmart on BT/BF? Mainly interested on the Video Games and the DVDs and Blurays.

Any tips guys?

#1151 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Any tips guys?

there deals werent online last year so i doubt it

Posted Image

#1152 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Should I be in line to have any chance to pick up Forza Horizon for $15 at Walmart? Anyone with past Walmart black friday sales and how fast they sell out?

#1153 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Does anyone know when Best Buy's sales start? Is it 8 pm like everywhere else?

#1154 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Anybody know what amazon will have?
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#1155 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Should I be in line to have any chance to pick up Forza Horizon for $15 at Walmart? Anyone with past Walmart black friday sales and how fast they sell out?

I'm wondering this as well. The Wal-Mart I'm going to isn't in a BIG area... it's in a somewhat decent sized rural area, so I'd like to know if there's a chance that I'll get my hands on a few of their deals (Dishonored, WWE '13, some others) if I go there around 4 PM on Thanksgiving.

#1156 JeanLuc Awesome

JeanLuc Awesome

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Good question, I plan on going an hour early at least and possibly have them get the games out and hold them at the register.

#1157 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Good question, I plan on going an hour early at least and possibly have them get the games out and hold them at the register.

Yeeeeeeeeeeah.... It doesn't work that way :lol:

#1158 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm definitely going to snag XCOM for $20 and Forza Horizon for $15.

I figured there'd for sure be a good deal on Sleeping Dogs too but there isn't anywhere..shame.

Where are you getting XCOM for $20. As for Sleeping Dogs, it is on the ToysRUs B1G1 list.

#1159 ZuKe Zuchegno

ZuKe Zuchegno

I'm Sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Anybody know what amazon will have?

what will they PM
Quote: uncle5555 The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#1160 JeanLuc Awesome

JeanLuc Awesome

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Where are you getting XCOM for $20. As for Sleeping Dogs, it is on the ToysRUs B1G1 list.

Oops, I meant $25. I saw the toysrus thing but I'm waiting for Sleeping Dogs to hit that $20-25 range.

#1161 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Toys R Us will have LBP Karting.. But no epic Mickey included in there sale. Guess ill have to go to target to grab them for $60 total.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#1162 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Is it me or do the deals seem kinda crappy this year? There's still Amazon though and also maybe Best Buy will have some good DotDs.

Only thing I'm interested in so far are the 1600 point cards for $10. I'd love two of them to get a Black Ops II Season Pass, but honestly I doubt I'll be able to get even one.

ostzsk.jpg

#1163 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Is it me or do the deals seem kinda crappy this year? There's still Amazon though and also maybe Best Buy will have some good DotDs.

Only thing I'm interested in so far are the 1600 point cards for $10. I'd love two of them to get a Black Ops II Season Pass, but honestly I doubt I'll be able to get even one.

I think we will see some movement once Amazon starts price matching things because then some of the other stores will need to offer sales on other things to lure gamers in. Otherwise you can just sit at home and do all your shopping at once. I think the other thing to keep in mind is that the holiday shopping is a marathon and not a race. I know I got some pretty killer deals last year in the two weeks leading up to Christmas. You just gotta keep an eye out and check each day.

Edit to add: I REALLY wish somebody would advertise a half way decent sale on SSX. And Portal 2. I can get it DD now for 14 dollars being a Plus member but I was hoping to catch a physical copy around 15 to 18 dollars so I could play it on both the PS3 and PC.

#1164 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

I think part of it gaming wise is that there isnt nearly the amount of AAA releases as last year (and what has released wont be on sale right away like Halo 4 and BLOPS 2), so no deals seem that great.

#1165 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

I think part of it gaming wise is that there isnt nearly the amount of AAA releases as last year (and what has released wont be on sale right away like Halo 4 and BLOPS 2), so no deals seem that great.

Last year's AAA releases felt entirely insane. Mostly in October. It was freaking crazy.

#1166 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, really the only thing that appeals to me is AC3 at Best Buy.

#1167 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm wondering this as well. The Wal-Mart I'm going to isn't in a BIG area... it's in a somewhat decent sized rural area, so I'd like to know if there's a chance that I'll get my hands on a few of their deals (Dishonored, WWE '13, some others) if I go there around 4 PM on Thanksgiving.

Going at 4PM I can't see you not getting what you want but it all depends on set-up. Last year at my WM they just had all the games on palettes in the middle of the aisles and people ransacked them as soon as the deals started. I'm sure people that got there super early lost out to people who came in 5 minutes before and just shoved their way to the games. But I've also seen years where they have you line up just to get into the electronics department, so if your store does that I can see getting there at 4PM to be a benefit for you. Honestly the best thing you can do is just go when you can and hope for the best. Don't be disappointed if you don't get what you want. Chances are those games will be on sale later on down the road or at Amazon on BF.

I don't think the deals are any worse or better than last year IMO. Last year I picked up Batman: AC, AC: Revelations, and Uncharted 3 all for around $30 each. This year I'm looking at Borderlands 2 and WWE '13 for about $25 each but that's because I'm trying to limit what I buy. I think certain stores had better ads last year (Best Buy) and some stores have better ads this year (Wal-Mart). Once again I think it'll all come down to Amazon.
Posted Image

#1168 snoopydoggy2002

snoopydoggy2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Is it possible to buy a few days before and price adjust at WalMart?

#1169 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I really hope the deals for Walmart don't sell out too quickly. I plan on going to Walmart at 7PM and waiting till 8PM to get the 20+ games I want. Hopefully the sale for all those games are also online so I get a second chance to get the ones I miss, which I know I will miss some.

#1170 Slate Soda

Slate Soda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I don't know if it's been noted yet but I lol'd at "GOTY" being in quotation marks next to MW2 under Walmart.