Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1171 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Being on here for 8 years, I'd assume you would know the answer to your own question.

Guess not.

Way to be a dick about it. So what if he's been on here for 8 years. Every year for Black Friday changes as policies changes.

As to that answer, I don't think you can. Only b/c its too chaotic that day but I guess it depends on the store and their Black Friday policy though.

#1172 CommanderShiro

CommanderShiro

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Does anyone know when Best Buy's sales start? Is it 8 pm like everywhere else?

They open at midnight.

#1173 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Way to be a dick about it. So what if he's been on here for 8 years. Every year for Black Friday changes as policies changes.

As to that answer, I don't think you can. Only b/c its too chaotic that day but I guess it depends on the store and their Black Friday policy though.

To fully answer, No it won't work. Walmart like other stores shut down returns on BF.

#1174 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Walmart has base white 4gb 360 and Skylanders for 149.99 Thursday. I was about to pay 75 just for Skylanders for our little one.

#1175 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

For me my main goal is the PS3 Bundle. My PS3 struggles staying on and that price is way too good to pass up. I just hope some places will sell it online cause I'm pretty sure I probably will work on that day. That or get a friend who maybe in line to grab one for me.

I've never bought a system on BF. I'm always a small item guy. I know TVs move extremely fast. Does anybody with experience know if systems move just as fast?

#1176 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

For me my main goal is the PS3 Bundle. My PS3 struggles staying on and that price is way too good to pass up. I just hope some places will sell it online cause I'm pretty sure I probably will work on that day. That or get a friend who maybe in line to grab one for me.

I've never bought a system on BF. I'm always a small item guy. I know TVs move extremely fast. Does anybody with experience know if systems move just as fast?

Last year the PS3 Holiday Bundle sold out everywhere. Keep an eye on Sony's website. They will also have this bundle for $199.

Trade List Games & DLC

#1177 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Last year the PS3 Holiday Bundle sold out everywhere. Keep an eye on Sony's website. They will also have this bundle for $199.

Thanks man for that info. I'll keep Sony's website in mind. I'm trying not to worry about it too much till I see my schedule. I'm hoping I get that night free to camp out. I'm new there so there is no way they will let me request that spot off.

#1178 Cantaloup

Cantaloup

Too old for this crap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I already own the original edition of Battlefield 3 that came with the Back to Karkand expansion. Is picking up another copy (the Premium Edition) for $25 the cheapest/best way to get all the other expansions? Or am I overlooking something?

#1179 htz

htz

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I just received a text from target linking me to a map of my local target store showing where each doorbuster is located at. It looks to me each target will have the doorbusters in random locations than where you would otherwise think they will be.

For Example, the video game doorbusters at my closest target will be hidden in the sportswear section while my second closest target will have them at the menswear section.

http://www.target.co...ntc=775559|null

I find this funny cause some CAGs are planning on hiding stuff around the store and now Target is doing it to themselves. :lol:

P.S. Also some doorbusters will only be available on 11/23 at 4AM even though Target opens at 9PM on Thanksgiving night.

#1180 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

lol, it's like a scavenger hunt.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#1181 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

As a target employee, its going to be a fuster cluck.

#1182 DukeSoccer

DukeSoccer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

they aren't hiding it, they are voiding huge crowds in one area i.e. electronics. Walmart does the same thing.

#1183 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

So Best Buy isn't going to price match, but anyone know who is? Will Target?

Also, will these deals be online also? Or in-store only?

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Last year, I believe that WM & Target price matched...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Best Buy NEVER price matches on Black Friday.

#1184 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

This is how Walmart has done it the 2 times that I've been there for Black Friday.

57j.gif

#1185 Blaster man

Blaster man

they aren't hiding it, they are voiding huge crowds in one area i.e. electronics. Walmart does the same thing.

Probably also trying to get people to buy shit in other areas.

#1186 htz

htz

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Probably also trying to get people to buy shit in other areas.

I found a target selling the doorbusters for HDTVs hidden in the women's maternity section. :lol:

#1187 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Doesnt work for my area for whatever reason.

#1188 snoopydoggy2002

snoopydoggy2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Being on here for 8 years, I'd assume you would know the answer to your own question.

Guess not.

Being on here for 2 months, I'd assume you wouldn't be a jerk. You don't know answers to your own questions that is why you ask them.

#1189 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Guess not.

:shame: Chill dude no need to be mean about it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1190 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I found a target selling the doorbusters for HDTVs hidden in the women's maternity section. :lol:

Stay away from my wife!!!

#1191 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

This is how Walmart has done it the 2 times that I've been there for Black Friday.

When i worked at a Walmart a couple years ago they did it. No real reason or ryme. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to put a cheap laptop right in front of the doors. Soooooo dumb.

#1192 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

I just hope nobody gets trampled, pepper sprayed, stabbed or shot. As a joke on BF I've always said put Q-tips on sale and people would fight over them.

#1193 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I just received a text from target linking me to a map of my local target store showing where each doorbuster is located at. It looks to me each target will have the doorbusters in random locations than where you would otherwise think they will be.

For Example, the video game doorbusters at my closest target will be hidden in the sportswear section while my second closest target will have them at the menswear section.

http://www.target.co...ntc=775559|null

I find this funny cause some CAGs are planning on hiding stuff around the store and now Target is doing it to themselves. :lol:

P.S. Also some doorbusters will only be available on 11/23 at 4AM even though Target opens at 9PM on Thanksgiving night.

FLOL, my closest one has all the videogame related items at location "C", which is noted on the map as being the Fitting Rooms outside the maternity section. :drool:

I just hope nobody gets trampled, pepper sprayed, stabbed or shot. As a joke on BF I've always said put Q-tips on sale and people would fight over them.

I'm not-so-secretly hoping for the opposite, since no chance in hell I'll be going out to deal with the Black Friday masses. Nothing like a healthy dose of schadenfreude from countless stories of consumer rampage, riots and misdeeds delivered via the evening news to help digest the Thanksgiving meal.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1194 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

i kinda hope people do, to highlight how fucking insane the whole thing is.

These deals are not so special that you couldn't make up the price difference with a couple extra hours of work or some creative flipping. It honestly seems like it's not about the deals, it's about "winning" something.

#1195 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Have any of you submitted a lower price to amazon for black friday? Because I swear to mutha freaking god if you all don't YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!!

People on CAG whine all the time about Amazon failing us throughout the year and well the biggest sale of the year is upon us. Do something about it!!! Submit a lower price so amazon knows if they don't step it up this year most of us will move to Best Buy and NewEgg..
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#1196 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Does anyone use the price tracker around BF? Does it work for short-lived sales? I'm looking to get a deal on AC Brotherhood and I can see it not getting a lot of attention or lasting long for under $10.

#1197 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Have any of you submitted a lower price to amazon for black friday? Because I swear to mutha freaking god if you all don't YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!!

People on CAG whine all the time about Amazon failing us throughout the year and well the biggest sale of the year is upon us. Do something about it!!! Submit a lower price so amazon knows if they don't step it up this year most of us will move to Best Buy and NewEgg..

Posted Image

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1198 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Amazon is probably well aware of these Black Friday prices by now without anyone doing the futile crap of submitting lower price alerts to them. They aren't stupid. They will either match some of these prices or set their own prices regardless whether or not 5 people or 50 million people submit a lower price to them.

Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#1199 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image

LOL oh Barry... was just watching that last night.

#1200 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

My Target is dumb as hell. They have all the videogame stuff right next to electronics so that was a huge move....not, but worst of all they put all the movies right at the entrance near the checkout lanes. That pretty much just fucked any plans of getting anything movie related at Target.