Photo
- - - - -

Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1261 killer9

killer9

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Have you seen walmarts during these sales literally packed with hoards of unwashed teens and adults

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#1262 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Have you seen walmarts during these sales literally packed with hoards of unwashed teens and adults

Is that any worse than xenophobic internet commenters who don't use capitilization and punctuation correctly? I ask you!

Sorry to pick on you... It just gets on my nerves when people look down on other people like that.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1263 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

http://stlpcwizard.c...s - BF 2012.pdf

GOhastings instore ad

madden 13 30
fallout new vegas ultimate 20
skyrim 30
dishonored 30
lbp karting 30
warfighter 30
nfs mw 30
arkham asylum goty 15
scribblenauts wii u 40
arkham city wii u 40
arkham city goty 20
buy 2 get 3rd for a dollar on used games
3ds xl for 200
4gb 360 150
ps3 holiday bundle 200
4gb kinect bundle 360 200

#1264 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Im scared (seriously some people will fight over milk if it's on sale) to go but I figure everyone should try to go to a BF sale at least once in their life for life experience. That way you will know if you can handle it or how you can improve your snatching skills against other shoppers.

kikyou1.png

#1265 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Not all Wal-Mart stores are packed?

#1266 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for being on the ball guys. Now I'm not sure if I'll stay with the Hardened edition. I don't know if 6 weeks early access to one zombie map is worth the $30-40 surcharge.

It's $20 more than the standard version. There's some avatar stuff, some exclusive player cards and stuff for the MP, a digital copy of the soundtrack, and it's in an official Steelbook. Depends on how much that is worth it to you.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1267 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

No love for Doom 3 BFG edition? :(

#1268 ssjgoku90501

ssjgoku90501

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I hope FIFA street gets a good price for cyber Monday

#1269 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

I hope FIFA street gets a good price for cyber Monday

Seems like GS is going to be your best hope on that one, happy with the $13 I paid for it from GF.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1270 newslowsad

newslowsad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

GameStop ad still hasn't leaked? Got a $100 card from there melting in my pocket.
Posted Image

#1271 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I remember last year at Walmart Black Friday, someone had botched the map locations so things weren't in the right place. DVDs and Video games were supposed to be in deli area while toys in the produce. Someone had the great idea to put DVDs/Video Games and Toys together in one area. It was hell on earth. All of pushing, shoving and ass grabbing (more mine than someone else). It took me about 8 minutes to get back to the other side. By that time, pretty much all games were gone. Luckly I got the ones I wanted anyway. I always hoped someone got fired for that.

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png

#1272 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I remember last year at Walmart Black Friday, someone had botched the map locations so things weren't in the right place. DVDs and Video games were supposed to be in deli area while toys in the produce. Someone had the great idea to put DVDs/Video Games and Toys together in one area. It was hell on earth. All of pushing, shoving and ass grabbing (more mine than someone else). It took me about 8 minutes to get back to the other side. By that time, pretty much all games were gone. Luckly I got the ones I wanted anyway. I always hoped someone got fired for that.

Wait wait wait. There's going to be ass grabbing at WalMart? I was on the fence, but now I'm in.

#1273 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

That is how all Walmarts are. The goal is seeing through the plastic to knowing where your best puchase lies. In example, last year the video game stand I was at was gone in the first seconds. Note if you are looking at DVDs/BluRays, you have more room for error. Good luck to all that go.

#1274 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, where the hell's the GS ad? I hope they have some kinda sweet sweet deals - the second store in my area is a bit out of the way, but all the ad stuff usually sits there all day on BF. NO ONE goes there. It's awesome, and sure beats fighting to the death at the mall location.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#1275 Tobenamedlater

Tobenamedlater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Will Walmart have their BF deals online starting at 8 or will they not start until Midnight?

#1276 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

GameStop ad still hasn't leaked? Got a $100 card from there melting in my pocket.

Yeh I have some credit there also that I would like to spend. I am surprised no GameStop Cags have mentioned any sales they may have heard for Black Friday.

#1277 Icedus

Icedus

Starpointer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

I've been hearing nothing but doom and gloom about the Playstation Vita Fun, but what the hell, I'll take the plunge at $200. There's plenty of crap I want to play on it, at least.

#1278 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Does anyone know if newegg or frys.com usually have good Black Friday deals?

#1279 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

did i dream it or dont amazon have

a week of games on sale starting NOV 19

i hope gamestop matches the ps3 200 deal.. got 293 left in credit and might as well grab a ps3 over there then again maybe not ....

Can you hook cord controlers up to the ps3
WOOOO I STINK

#1280 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'll definitely snag Max Payne, Xcom, Spiderman and maybe Dead Island and LA Noire.

#1281 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm still waiting on Best Buy to repeat their massive OOS sale that left 75% of their customers with unfulfilled orders....

I was one of the lucky ones that had all items arrive shortly after placing the order.

#1282 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

i hope gamestop matches the ps3 200 deal.. got 293 left in credit and might as well grab a ps3 over there then again maybe not ....

Can you hook cord controlers up to the ps3

If I recall when news of the Super Slim BF bundle was leaked, it was by a Gamestop employee. So in my head I'm assuming they will get it. Not sure on price though. Seems everyone that is carrying it is caring 200 except Radio Shack (220). That's my main goal this year. You can hook a wired PS3 controller. Is that what you mean by cord? Can't just hook any usb controller.

#1283 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

I've been hearing nothing but doom and gloom about the Playstation Vita Fun, but what the hell, I'll take the plunge at $200. There's plenty of crap I want to play on it, at least.

If you don't already have a DS and are a Zelda fan they have the Zelda 3DS edition for 200 at GS.

kikyou1.png

#1284 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

If you don't already have a DS and are a Zelda fan they have the Zelda 3DS edition for 200 at GS.

It dropped to 190 last week for a few hours, not sure if that was new or used though
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1285 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

this is ot, but when did staples started selling video games/ consoles on their website. i just noticed it today, while browsing for items

#1286 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

where's the best spot for a new hard drive for a ps3?
Posted Image

#1287 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

where's the best spot for a new hard drive for a ps3?

In the HDD bay. :D

#1288 iam8bit

iam8bit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

STILL no :3ds:XL deals?

I guess I'll have to wait for when they release a new color then. I was doubtful about getting a red or blue one anyway...

PS: Does that $15 Wii Play Motion from Walmart include a Wii Remote Plus? If so, wow...

#1289 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

STILL no :3ds:XL deals?

I guess I'll have to wait for when they release a new color then. I was doubtful about getting a red or blue one anyway...

PS: Does that $15 Wii Play Motion from Walmart include a Wii Remote Plus? If so, wow...

Best Buy has a $20 off deal on the 3DS and 3DS XL this week. I suspect that's going to be as good as it gets for us XL lovers this season. Went ahead and picked it up at this price point because I don't see a price drop hitting us anytime soon. :(
Posted Image

#1290 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Wow the 3DS deals are really lame this year, they could discount more than $150, or maybe Nintendo is preventing retailers from discounting any further. The regular 3DS is worth no more than $99 and I was really hoping someone would have it for $99 but it looks like I am way off on that train of thinking. I would be willing to pick one up for $99 but not a penny more, and the fact that there still aren't any games I want coming out in the near future makes this a no-buy for me (the Pokemon games are still on the regular DS, which I already have and which plays them just fine so I don't really need one). Hopefully next year will see bigger price drops on the 3DS.

Does anyone know what time Walmart's sale starts online? If its 8pm on thanksgiving day for the regular ad then I assume it would start well before the actual BF holiday. Last year I woke up at 7am on thanksgiving day and apparently BB's killer sale was going on and I got everything I wanted and more.