Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1351 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Looks like premier silver members will get early access to BF deals again. I got a email stating I'll get access to select BF deals online or via phone on 11/19.

#1352 killer9

killer9

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

OMG! Amazon is so FEROCIOUS! I think they are coming to reclaim their name! They, already, have 1 major item I'm interested in! Hope they match some Walmart games and add some Vita ones! :D

Thanks to SD: http://www.blackfrid...-deals-revealed

http://www.blackfriday.fm/ad/amazon

Anyone know if they'll add game prices to that? Have they done it before?

Holy crap 32 inch tv for 97 dollars im in hopefully

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#1353 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Sorry to ask but at the end of the walmart ad it say that black friday deals are available all day at walmart.com (http://bfads.net/Ad/...art-2012/Page12). Does anyone know if this only applies to the deals on that page or historically have all the black friday deals been available online? (With the exception of door busters)

It says Black Friday Starts Early at Walmart.com
Shop All Day on Thanksgiving Online.

You can shop all day everyday online.
I get emails from them everyday proclaiming specials.
They're not special.
They are not going to post the printed ad deals on Thursday.
They may have a few of the BF deals online for a VERY short time,
at some completely unannounced random time.
Whatever time that is, you can expect CAG to completely choke with traffic.
It always does, but nobody knows when that will be.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1354 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I wonder how Gamestops ad will be. I remember last year it was decent.

I just want to see if they manage to snag another last minute special edition 3DS. Kinda want an XL now.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1355 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Any chance if Fry's Electronics will be up there?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1356 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

YOU KNOW WHAT I REALIZED? I can buy Halo 4, and use the 20 dollar gift card to buy two 10$ 1600 MSP cards. SO i get Halo 4 plus 3200 MSP for 60 dollars. Im a smart guy huh

Isn't ms doing away with the "points" in favor of actual currency?

#1357 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Isn't ms doing away with the "points" in favor of actual currency?

Not right now. They certainly want to consolidate the Windows 8 Microsoft store and Windows Phone 8 store with Microsoft Xbox Live Marketplace. 1600 Microsoft Points cards may eventually be labeled as $20 Xbox Live cards, but there is no evidence of that yet.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1358 jmanereese

jmanereese

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

I know BB wont PM during black friday(for other stores im guessing) but does anyone know if I buy a product at BB on say the day b4 thanksgiving can I get the it PM at BB on black friday? Maybe return it on Black friday and repurchase it? Or is BB just not PM anything that day even their own products

#1359 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

I know BB wont PM during black friday(for other stores im guessing) but does anyone know if I buy a product at BB on say the day b4 thanksgiving can I get the it PM at BB on black friday? Maybe return it on Black friday and repurchase it? Or is BB just not PM anything that day even their own products

No. Customer Service will not even be open on Black Friday and cashiers will not be authorized to do price matches.

#1360 fan_i_am

fan_i_am

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

They don't pm bf deals, but you can buy it now and save the receipt. Buy it again on bf. return the bf copy with your regular receipt so you can have your game for the bf price.

#1361 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I see that Meijer's sale opens at 6 AM Friday. Good, I get off at 3 AM from having to work Walmart, so if the vultures have picked all of their stuff clean by the time I get to shop, at least the Meijer sale will be a good consolation prize. :) Plus, that Vita game sale O_O

#1362 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Looks like premier silver members will get early access to BF deals again. I got a email stating I'll get access to select BF deals online or via phone on 11/19.

For silver members do you remember what time access started last year?

#1363 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

went back a few pages, don't know if there was already discussion (edit: duh, right above me..), details on the pre-sale for RZ Silver Members:

PREVIEW: Sunday 11/18, check your inbox or MyRewardZone.com for an advance look at the deals.
SHOP: Monday 11/19 at 11 a.m. ET, get exclusive early access to select Black Friday deals online or over the phone. Quantities are limited.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1364 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

For silver members do you remember what time access started last year?

Were most of the games included last year? I wasn't premier silver last year so I didn't pay attention.

#1365 Azazael13

Azazael13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Best buy RZ was such a cluster last year. I think most people had good luck using their phones. And yes MrClutch, games were included last year.

#1366 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Best buy RZ was such a cluster last year. I think most people had good luck using their phones. And yes MrClutch, games were included last year.

Web access for the early sale was a clusterf*#ck last year. An exercise in complete and utter frustration.

#1367 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Does the cart trick work at best buy.com? Where you put items in your cart before the sale goes live and when you refresh your cart page the sale prices are reflected?

#1368 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Does the cart trick work at best buy.com? Where you put items in your cart before the sale goes live and when you refresh your cart page the sale prices are reflected?

It worked for me last year, but some disappeared when I refreshed.

#1369 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Might see if I can pick up a 250gb 360 holiday bundle at Best Buy. $199 is a fantastic price for all of the stuff you get, though I would have to camp early (Ugh).

I would check the Microsoft Store online. No pushing, plenty of inventory, and usually have the same (or better) deals.

#1370 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

wonder when those meijers 40% off all vita games start

thursday morning ... if so i will get there thursday morning...

not sure what i would get though not much on vita i even want

LOVE TO see persona 4 but doubtful
WOOOO I STINK

#1371 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

It didn't work for me last year. All of my items were removed from my cart.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#1372 Sakura3210

Sakura3210

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Question for everyone: I want to get a 3DS XL, and was waiting to see if there'd be a good black friday deal (apparently not). I got a $20 coupon off for one at Gamestop. Should I just use it, or should I hold out til Christmas for a (hopefully good) bundle?

Truth be told, I probably won't have much time to play it before Christmas anyway...
I'll get to writing something interesting...eventually:^o

#1373 Crimson Mist

Crimson Mist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

If you won't have time to play it much then wait till Christmas; especially if your $20 off coupon lasts till then.

#1374 mccurve85

mccurve85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

How quickly do Target gift cards activate? Would be interested in buying Halo 4 and then using the $20 GC on NFS:MW or MP3.

#1375 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

It didn't work for me last year. All of my items were removed from my cart.

Were you logged in when you added them?

It worked for me last year, but some disappeared when I refreshed.

Important to remember silver members get free shipping, so make as many orders as you have to. $10 and below games go fast, as they're usually lower stock. As long as I get revelations at $9 I'm happy.

#1376 Sakura3210

Sakura3210

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

If you won't have time to play it much then wait till Christmas; especially if your $20 off coupon lasts till then.

Unfortunately, it does not. Good until the 17th.
I'll get to writing something interesting...eventually:^o

#1377 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Were you logged in when you added them?

Yes I was. I made sure to stay logged in that entire time so I wouldn't miss out on anything when the deals actually became available. When I refreshed, all of the items vanished from the cart.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#1378 iam8bit

iam8bit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

I just wish Nintendo had some new XL colors for the holiday. Black would be nice. Oh well.

EXACTLY.

I wonder if we'll get new colors after the holiday season, to increase sales a bit again. Perhaps in spring?

#1379 swim83

swim83

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Some of those Wal-Mart deals look really nice, but based off last year, it was complete luck if you got the games you wanted.

For those that don't know, they set them up in wrapped cardboard displays around the store. People were at those displays at 8PM for an opening at 10 PM, which I wouldn't say is the worst of it. Everyone had there spot and it was a usual Black Friday day, until wrapping opening was heard in another section, which caused a madhouse rush for the games. The displays were crushed, people pushed around, etc, but everyone managed to get the games. Then security came around and threaten to kick out/arrest anyone who had a game because the displays were opened early. Everyone placed their games back, while I ran up to the games section where there was also a huge line. Being assertive, I made my way up while everyone just stood there when an associate walked by. I asked her if I could get games and she got her key to get said games. As soon as I left, a manager stated no games could be bought from the case for deal price.

Although the Wal-Mart deals are tempting, I will probably stick to the online deals.

#1380 joeshmoe

joeshmoe

Follow your nose!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Have there been any deals reported on the 3DS XL? Anyone think they'll be any discounts on it on BF/CM?