Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1741 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

yes! $200 for ac vita bundle. thank you, based gamestop.

....TAEYEON! lol

#1742 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

I've never wanted a PS3 that bad but for $200 it's like a BluRay player with 5 free games! Hope it's on GameStop.com so I don't have to go near the mall...

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#1743 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

You can do that?! How??

The only thing I can think of would be to do an in store pickup on Wednesday late in the day. Then bring your confirmation email with you on Black Friday.

Also to people thinking about making a Walmart layaway for Black Friday deals. The games in the sale cases have a special UPC sticker over the real one. Regular games will ring up at retail. I still have a stack of blurays from last year and they all have that sticker on them.

#1744 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

^ this has been discussed...it is true many walmarts do this, but I had no problem last year. I got games out of the case in electronics, and even though they rang full price the cashier PM'd the ad. I don't see how they could deny someone the sale price when it is advertised anyway, pretty sure that is false advertisement-unless it explicitly states in the ad there are only x amount available at sale price.

#1745 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Just did a layaway for the AC vita at gamestop,secure pick up for next Friday

What are the layaway terms?

#1746 jmel932

jmel932

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Sorry if this was asked, I just read the last 6 pages and didn't see it anywhere.

I have the Gamer's Club Unlocked Best Buy signup coupons that expire at the end of the year. I should be able to use the Buy 2 Get 1 on Black Friday right? Thanks in advance.

#1747 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Sorry if this was asked, I just read the last 6 pages and didn't see it anywhere.

I have the Gamer's Club Unlocked Best Buy signup coupons that expire at the end of the year. I should be able to use the Buy 2 Get 1 on Black Friday right? Thanks in advance.

Yup yup.

#1748 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Gamestop does do Layaway now. I noticed the signs when I was at the Black Ops 2 midnight launch. No idea on the conditions though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1749 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

You can do that?! How??

i just went in today to trade in a game and it was plastered everywhere,they told me that when i come in black Friday it will automatically adjust to the $200 price point

What are the layaway terms?

just fill out a form with the typical info and put down $25 on what you want and come pick it up whenever you want or pay a little bit at a time. they didn't give me a time frame though.
Posted Image

#1750 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

i just went in today to trade in a game and it was plastered everywhere,they told me that when i come in black Friday it will automatically adjust to the $200 price point

Really???? I wonder how this will work with the PS3 bundle, i'm going to try on Saturday.

#1751 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

forgive me if in 51 pages this was asked....but i havent roamed here on black friday before so are amazon ads usually leaked at any point? i ask because thanks to the final fantasy thing being cancelled i now have 75 dollars of amazon credit...lol

#1752 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

gamestop's is okay. good deal on ac vita bundle though. was expecting ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 to be more like $15.

#1753 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

forgive me if in 51 pages this was asked....but i havent roamed here on black friday before so are amazon ads usually leaked at any point? i ask because thanks to the final fantasy thing being cancelled i now have 75 dollars of amazon credit...lol

Rumor is Monday

#1754 CommanderShiro

CommanderShiro

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Does anyone still play GTA IV? Is it even worth $15?

Absolutely worth it in my opinion. And considering its the Complete Editions being sold, its hours and hours of content.

#1755 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Really think I might get the AC Vita bundle, to be honest I think I like the black vita better but AC destroys COD and Lego Batman

The only thing in my way is, I'm gonna have to spend another $80 on a memory card. Way to expensive.

#1756 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

I wonder how much their going to lower the TIV of the consoles since their doing double trade in credit for them. I remember last time they had my 250 gb ps3 for $100 base, I doubt it'll still be that though

#1757 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

I haven't picked up a Vita mainly because of how costly everything is, especially the memory cards. You'd figure the system would have internal memory like everything else these days. Also, I guess I realized how little I played my original PSP, and how unrewarding all portable games seem to be in general. Just my honest opinion. Part of me still kind of wants one, though.

I was just about to post almost the exact same sentiment regarding the Vita after seeing the GS Black Friday ad with the AC: Liberation bundle on sale. I really want to get a Vita for games like AC, the future cross-buy games, and now the "Instant Game Collection" for PS+ members, but that damn memory card situation has got me still on the fence.

I think I'd be fine with a smaller memory card since I don't plan on purchasing a lot of games digitally, but I'm looking at almost filling a 8GB card right off the bat with the free games. I know I don't need to download all the games at once but there's also save files and other information to worry about as well. I just don't like that you have to use specific memory cards and that the Vita-specific ones are so outrageously overpriced.

I would disagree with you that portable games are unrewarding. I use my 3DS XL nearly every day on my break at work. It's great to have something I can play for 15-30 minutes and make progress on it everyday.
Posted Image

#1758 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I wonder how much their going to lower the TIV of the consoles since their doing double trade in credit for them. I remember last time they had my 250 gb ps3 for $100 base, I doubt it'll still be that though

I hope that the tiv holds or is decent. If I have to pay more than $20 - $30 for upgrading from the fat to a super slim then it won't be worth it really.

#1759 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Did the pre-order for the AC Vita, guy was kinda like "how do you know" and I said I'm just a cheap ass who can't buy it now, but layaway works and I'm not into the COD series (Which is mainly true for the most part except I'll save $50 in the end) and the memory card thing does suck, but I have $20 in BBY credit and I plan to use that for a larger memory card down the road if they put them on sale. Until then, I'm cool with the 4gb thats included. Will also probably get a cheap case. And is the screen protector worth it? (Like does the screen scratch easily??)

Also a bonus - Sharpshooter gun for the move was traded in wrong and one had a $5.99 price, guy sold me a better conditioned one for that price since it wouldn't mess with inventory, so that was sweet!

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#1760 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'm going to probably go ahead and get that PS3 bundle from Gamestop. It's too sweet a deal to pass up.
Posted Image

#1761 CaptFalcon0190

CaptFalcon0190

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

That 360 Holiday Bundle from Gamestop looks to good to pass up. BTW has anyone ever traded in a console on Black Friday? I'm debating trading in my 4gb 360 for the Holiday Bundle simply because I need a hard drive badly, and I can get the double credit bonus. Plus it includes 2 of the 3 games I've been thinking about getting. I'd rather pay the difference rather than buying a hard drive, Black ops 2 and Skyrim separately.

#1762 ratedpg131987

ratedpg131987

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Besides best buy, what other store is having there black friday deals online like best buy has done last year and this year

#1763 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

okay, I need this Walmart layaway bit spelled out for me. I can put the games I want there before thanksgiving and then pick them up on Black Friday at the BF prices? How does that work for a first time layaway user?

#1764 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Can somebody clue me in as to why everybody seems to be going into Gamestop for console deals? I'm looking at it, but I just don't seem to be putting two and two together.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1765 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I didn't even think Gamestop priced matched period.

You're correct Gamestop does not price match with competitors. They don't even price match their own Gamestop online store. I've purchased items at their store, then returned them afterwards to later buy at Gamestop online because they were cheaper and the brick and mortar could not pricematch.

#1766 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

I hope that the tiv holds or is decent. If I have to pay more than $20 - $30 for upgrading from the fat to a super slim then it won't be worth it really.

They did this about a month ago. I got $130 on a vita that I traded in.

#1767 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

No deal on Zelda 3DS to bad because the system looks realy good and I would have payd 150- for it. Though the Mario one looks nice when I buy a DS system I want it to be the Zelda special edition.

smudgingtest1t_zps0bb98303.png
Icon by Kikyou1, Signature by Kikyou1

#1768 driver01z

driver01z

so i can type anythi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Question on Kmart:
CAG post says:
Thursday (6AM-4PM)
and the Max Payne 3 deal
but the ad scan lists that (and other deals) on the 4 PM page. Does Kmart have another doorbuster time period starting at 4 pm? Cause I don't wanna show up at 6 am for Max Payne and find the deal price isn't active...

#1769 CaptFalcon0190

CaptFalcon0190

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Can somebody clue me in as to why everybody seems to be going into Gamestop for console deals? I'm looking at it, but I just don't seem to be putting two and two together.

In my experience it's a lot less chaotic as opposed to fighting through the mad hordes at walmart, target, etc. Last year for Black Friday the gamestop I went to had a organized line from start to finish. Everyone who was able to get a console bundle did. When they ran out they announced they were sold out of a specific bundle and people left. Get them in get them out, simple.

#1770 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Can't wait to see Amazon's deals.