Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#151 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I know it sounds terrible but last year when I THOUGHT I bought a PS3 bundle, it wasn't until Monday a few days later that I realized we didn't pay for the PS3 because the girl didn't ring up the system! So, as soon as I found that out I had called the Target we purchased it from, to talk to a manager. Mind you this Target was somewhere in St Louis, and I live in TN. He was of course upset to find that no employee checked our receipts, however, he ended up giving us like 10 or 15% off the price for being honest.

So we had to buy a gift card at our local store, call it in to him and he ended up using that information and mailed us an adjusted receipt. The Target in my town would of not had that happen as they have it setup to check everyone's receipts on the way out of the store. Of course most will think, is this guy dumb? No, the PS3 has a serial number and I wasn't going to jail over a 200 dollar product.

Man, what a mess. Props for being honest, I wouldn't have been sure what to do in that situation. I mean, the store is so far away, and I wouldn't want the person who rang me up to get in trouble. But that's a $200 system, and I wouldn't feel right in the least inadvertently stealing it. You did the right thing.

Also, small world. Cookeville, TN right here.

#152 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I know it sounds terrible but last year when I THOUGHT I bought a PS3 bundle, it wasn't until Monday a few days later that I realized we didn't pay for the PS3 because the girl didn't ring up the system! So, as soon as I found that out I had called the Target we purchased it from, to talk to a manager. Mind you this Target was somewhere in St Louis, and I live in TN. He was of course upset to find that no employee checked our receipts, however, he ended up giving us like 10 or 15% off the price for being honest.

So we had to buy a gift card at our local store, call it in to him and he ended up using that information and mailed us an adjusted receipt. The Target in my town would of not had that happen as they have it setup to check everyone's receipts on the way out of the store. Of course most will think, is this guy dumb? No, the PS3 has a serial number and I wasn't going to jail over a 200 dollar product.

You didn't notice your total was $200 less than it should've been?

#153 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

So, in other words, it's a prediction based on nothing specific, correct? You probably should have stated that as people may assume you're an employee or someone actually in the know.

Based on what I SEE. I'm not pulling this out of thin air. And I did say this list is not exhaustive and not 100% gauranteed and apparently I am in the know if I can provide this info. Geez, try to help some people out and get skewered.

#154 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

The Sears ad has been posted on bfads.net, and it's a big disappointment gaming-wise.

The only thing game-related I saw in that entire ad was a Mario pillow for $8.99.

#155 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Assassins Creed 3 for 34.99 is bought. Thats what I have paid for each one after the first one, great price for those games.
Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#156 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Props to you for being honest. Most would not have and in this situation I am not sure I would have either. Sounded like you had to go out of your way and it wasnt really your fault. If you didnt hide the item and it was clear that you expected the item to be scanned and rung up I doubt they would have been able to go after you for theft. IF they ever saw something and noticed the issue the worst they would do is try to contact you and ask about it.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#157 Foxhound141

Foxhound141

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nice, Need for Speed Most Wanted for $30!

#158 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Wasnt expecting anything from Sears considering that for the last few months they have been clearancing out their gaming section
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#159 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I am so glad that thus far all the black friday stuff is looking like a big pile of "Meh". Not having to fight any of the craziness is something that appeals to me. Hopefully the Cyber Monday stuff will start to look a bit better, though.

#160 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I have a bad feeling about most wanted for some reason. I might just pick up a cheap copy of the run for now with my coupons
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#161 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Just interested in Dead Island GOTY. If I go to Black Friday with my cousin, I'll probably get Borderlands 2 or AC III. Mainly interested in the doorbusters though. :lol: And 8.99 TV Shows. Gotta have that Big Bang Theory!

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#162 iam8bit

iam8bit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

So the best bet for a :3ds: atm is the Best Buy deal?

I hope Target or TRU has a good deal on the 3DS XL, I NEEDZ ONE.

#163 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Where are the vita deals ? There are 3 launch vita games that I do want
Currently playing

#164 .Azaria

.Azaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hoping for a black ops 2 deal

#165 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Geez, Need for Speed Most Wanted for $30? The game just came out a week ago.

Need For Speed games have been on sale on Black Friday the past two years in a row. No surprise here. Hot Pursuit came out on the 16th of November, and The Run came out on the 15th of November.

Maybe that means Black Ops II will be a possibility as well.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#166 Npat12

Npat12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Dang it still no 3DS XL bundle deals. Might just have to go with the old 3ds version for my son.

#167 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Where are the vita deals ? There are 3 launch vita games that I do want

I'm sure they'll come. Give Amazon, Target and TRU a chance to throw their hats in the ring. I'm sure some ACIII:L bundle deals will show up too.

#168 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm sure they'll come. Give Amazon, Target and TRU a chance to throw their hats in the ring. I'm sure some ACIII:L bundle deals will show up too.

I hope so. Oh and I have liberation and it rules ! Not as good as its big brothers but still great. The reviewers were blind with this game
Currently playing

#169 SonOfMan

SonOfMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

But that's a $200 system, and I wouldn't feel right in the least inadvertently stealing it. You did the right thing.

In fact, Theft is a specific intent crime, which means that there is some requisite purpose or intent you must have when you commit the act that constitutes the crime.

People often wonder if returning stolen property can provide a defense to theft or prevent charges from being brought in the first place. Returning stolen property generally does not provide a defense to a charge of theft.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing...

Mayor Carlos Hernandez, the esteemed City Council and the City of Hialeah honored Terrorist and CIA agent Luis Posada Carriles with the Key to the City of Hialeah, along with a proclamation naming the day, Luis Posada Carriles Day in Hialeah.

Posada has been convicted in Panama, of involvement in various terrorist attacks and plots in the Americas, including: involvement in the 1976 bombing of a Cuban airliner that killed seventy-three people; admitted involvement in a string of bombings in 1997 targeting fashionable Cuban hotels and nightspots that killed an Italian citizen.

http://rt.com/usa/ne...cuba-terrorist/

But what I hope is that this cases underscore the urgency of reversing the hypocrisy not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it is essential for our national security.

Edited by SonOfMan, 07 November 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#170 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

#171 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

You didn't notice your total was $200 less than it should've been?

We had a lot bought that night it just didn't become apparent until I thought to myself that it actually didn't sound right, I just now know to look at my receipt from now on (but with the chaos that night, we just wanted out of the store, so common sense left my mind that moment). I actually even went up to a security person and he didn't even bother to check our receipts that night from what I remember, so that's a typical thing I do anyways when leaving a store. I just thought I'd share that story because it's a real hard decision how to go about, and in the end, the manager was caring but it could of been YMMV. I made my girlfriend call because I felt like if I were to call as a male they would of just said to take it to the nearest store, which is what he was going to say at first, and basically not be able to purchase the system for the black Friday price.

#172 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just interested in Dead Island GOTY. If I go to Black Friday with my cousin, I'll probably get Borderlands 2 or AC III. Mainly interested in the doorbusters though. :lol: And 8.99 TV Shows. Gotta have that Big Bang Theory!

I haven't seen the prices but has it been noted that Big Bang Theory season 5 is going to be on sale? I'll wait to get it if it is. I do have 2 extra season 4 of Big Bang Theory sitting around from the last time. It was real easy to just order it online but it took forever to get in the mail so that's why I ended up with an extra and didn't bother returning it.

#173 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Doorbusters for Best Buy are pretty much in-store only right?

#174 ebucel

ebucel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

=(

Got to test it out (not much no playable demos)
at Target last night.

The tablet controller feels way better then I expected.

4x:gc: duct-tapped together right? :D

#175 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

For those of us who pre-ordered Assassin's Creed at BB for the $20 credit (Im not sure when that amount will be credited), can we price-match their ad on Black Friday and still get the credit?
Posted Image

#176 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

No price match to Black Friday deals.

Well then shit. Guess I'm buying it on BF, and returning it with my old receipt.
Posted Image

#177 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Added Best Buy Price match info to wiki(will not help the questions but still useful)

No offense to mr whitenoise
Posted Image

#178 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Well then shit. Guess I'm buying it on BF, and returning it with my old receipt.

Or you can trade it in to BB for $42 (after GCU) and rebuy it on BF with the gift card, and make just a little bit too without losing the RZ cert.
Posted Image

#179 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Waiting for Amazon to price match most games :D
Until now, I'm in for Dead Island GOTY ($8) and Max Payne 3 ($9), hope to find really cheap deals on Lollipop Chainsaw and Catherine.
Anyone know when the Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition (disc) will hit the US?
Posted Image

#180 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Waiting for a sleeping dogs deal
Currently playing