• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1771 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Can't wait to see Amazon's deals.

At best, they are going to price match some of the ads.
Like they have done the last few years.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1772 oh_no_mellon

oh_no_mellon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Can't wait to see Amazon's deals.

Same here, really hoping they'll have some deals on Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Hitman Absolution. Matching Walmart's $10/$15/$25 game deals would be nice too (especially if they have them all for PS3, am hoping to get Transformers: FoC, Max Payne 3, Lego Batman 2 and Spec Ops: The Line for me and Angry Birds Trilogy and Batman:AC for my little brother as Christmas gifts)

#1773 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Amazon is probibly gonna be price match mania again with gold box deals matching the other retailers prices. Then of course they will vanish within 6 seconds making the deal pointless for most people. They will probibly have deals on older titles from last year and what not but yea im not expecting much from them this year
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1774 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

i hope i can get AC3 for $35 BB thats a sweet deal
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#1775 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

okay, I need this Walmart layaway bit spelled out for me. I can put the games I want there before thanksgiving and then pick them up on Black Friday at the BF prices? How does that work for a first time layaway user?

In years past I recall the Walmart ad saying prices are not valid on Layaway purchases.
The only answer is to try it yourself, but very YMMV.

$50 minimum total purchase
$15 minimum per item
Layaway closed on Thursday, opens at 9am Friday November 23 *

* Layaway closed during the entire first 2 sales events

walmart.com/Layaway

Edited by gordojones88, 16 November 2012 - 04:07 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1776 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

In my experience it's a lot less chaotic as opposed to fighting through the mad hordes at walmart, target, etc. Last year for Black Friday the gamestop I went to had a organized line from start to finish. Everyone who was able to get a console bundle did. When they ran out they announced they were sold out of a specific bundle and people left. Get them in get them out, simple.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I'm planning on just doing this all online, so I should be able to avoid that as well. Best of luck to everyone that's doing the B&M thing.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1777 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

In years past I recall the Walmart ad saying prices are not valid on Layaway purchases.

$15 minimum per item
Layaway closed on Friday November 23

walmart.com/Layaway

After reading this, I see no reason why taking your layaway out on Thursday shouldn't work with the bf prices.

#1778 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Wow! Since someone said the PUR coupons can stack in different denominations, if the work during the sale, you can get $90 off of 1 of those!:hot: ($50,$25,$10,$5)

Limit of 1 PUR coupon per transaction.

Sasukekun, who works for GameStop(and can ge found in the GS trade in thread), has mentioned different values can be used on 1 item.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1779 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

now all that's left is waiting for Amazon to PM it all :O

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1780 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

$15 minimum per item
Layaway closed on Friday November 23

walmart.com/Layaway

Incorrect layaway opens at 9 am Friday

#1781 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

I read that the vita version of Lego lotr is a 3ds port which sucks ! The vita is made so that if you want to port the ps3 version of a game to the vita then it can be easily done. This news makes me think I should skip it and put that 19.99 towards sleeping dogs at Gamestop instead of Lego lotr
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1782 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Some interesting news just came out by way of the Walmart Facebook page. A shopper asked if items on Layaway can be price-adjusted to their Black Friday prices to which Walmart answered:
If you have [any] item on Layaway and would like to receive the reduced price during our Black Friday sale the item(s) would need to be deleted from the Layaway account and added back to receive the event price (or price matched whichever is lower). Keep in mind layaway will be closed until 9am on Friday (11/23). Event prices for items sold during our first two sales events at 8pm 11/22 and 10pm 11/22 are only available while supplies last so they may be sold out when the Layaway desk reopens.
Here's the big loophole: all of Walmart's Black Friday "events" are while supplies last and don't have a definitive end time. The Walmart CSR seems to imply that with layaway being closed until 9am, the items from the first two events will be sold out and you won't be able to put them on layaway.

But what happens if you put the items on layaway now? Won't Walmart keep those items reserved? If so, shouldn't those items be guaranteed behind the counter should you want to pick them up on Black Friday?

It will probably be hard (or even impossible) to find the Vizio 60" HDTV and the Compaq Laptop in your local store now, but if you had your heart set on all the video-games and movie titles on sale, you might be in luck.

But that's not all because Walmart's price-match policy is in full-effect on Black Friday! That means you can layaway products from competitor stores and price-match them during Black Friday – opening up a world of possibilities.

This is a developing story, remember the source for this information is a comment on the Walmart Facebook page, so take that for what it's worth.

#1783 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Ok just copied and pasted that article from bfads.net hope it helps.

#1784 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

I hope I can order some of those online, nearest target is a little over an hour on a normal day. I'm still waiting to see if anyone is gonna have vita games on sale. The 29.99 nsm2 for 3ds is pretty nice and 19 for heroes of ruin. IF only I could order online, i'll be working that day and the stores might be out of stock by the time i get off work.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#1785 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Bought Super Mario 3D Land like-new at a local Cashland for $9.99, dont know how many you have by you, but worth a shot sometimes.

Heh, I have no idea what Cashland is :p

#1786 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

I hope I can order some of those online, nearest target is a little over an hour on a normal day. I'm still waiting to see if anyone is gonna have vita games on sale. The 29.99 nsm2 for 3ds is pretty nice and 19 for heroes of ruin. IF only I could order online, i'll be working that day and the stores might be out of stock by the time i get off work.

Gamestop has vita games on sale and bestbuy has mortal kombat vita on sale
Currently playing

690739.png

#1787 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Some interesting news just came out by way of the Walmart Facebook page. A shopper asked if items on Layaway can be price-adjusted to their Black Friday prices to which Walmart answered:
If you have [any] item on Layaway and would like to receive the reduced price during our Black Friday sale the item(s) would need to be deleted from the Layaway account and added back to receive the event price (or price matched whichever is lower). Keep in mind layaway will be closed until 9am on Friday (11/23). Event prices for items sold during our first two sales events at 8pm 11/22 and 10pm 11/22 are only available while supplies last so they may be sold out when the Layaway desk reopens.
Here's the big loophole: all of Walmart's Black Friday "events" are while supplies last and don't have a definitive end time. The Walmart CSR seems to imply that with layaway being closed until 9am, the items from the first two events will be sold out and you won't be able to put them on layaway.

But what happens if you put the items on layaway now? Won't Walmart keep those items reserved? If so, shouldn't those items be guaranteed behind the counter should you want to pick them up on Black Friday?

It will probably be hard (or even impossible) to find the Vizio 60" HDTV and the Compaq Laptop in your local store now, but if you had your heart set on all the video-games and movie titles on sale, you might be in luck.

But that's not all because Walmart's price-match policy is in full-effect on Black Friday! That means you can layaway products from competitor stores and price-match them during Black Friday – opening up a world of possibilities.

This is a developing story, remember the source for this information is a comment on the Walmart Facebook page, so take that for what it's worth.

Give credit where credit is due...

This was a direct copy from bfads.net

#1788 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Give credit where credit is due...

This was a direct copy from bfads.net

Yes and if u read my comment after, I stated where I got it.

#1789 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

You like the damn tattle tale from elementary school no one likes.

#1790 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Stop citizen, for u have passed a yellow light and the law clearly states yield. Lmao!!!!

#1791 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

If you guys are getting all stars battle royale from Gamestop with that 40$ deal with the purchase of a ps3 (or at anytime) it was anounced that kat from gravity rush and emmit greves from starhawk will be a FREE DLC FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS WHEN THEY ARE RELEASED !!!!! Cant wait for this game !
Currently playing

690739.png

#1792 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I'm thinking about Book of Spells from GS. I also might check out Walmart to see what's left after the rush is over, but I have pretty much everything on that list i'd be interested in.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1793 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Dang. I was excited.......until I read this on their site:"$15 min per item" down. Hmmm... As long as that money will go to the items and I can get them for the discount, I might jump on this. Thanks for mentioning!:) Gonna look into it!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1794 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

the items you put on layaway has to be at least 15 dollars. not sure what you are talking about.

#1795 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Stop citizen, for u have passed a yellow light and the law clearly states yield. Lmao!!!!

Yellow light means go very fast.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1796 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Yellow light means go very fast.

I agree.

#1797 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

when does gamestop open on Black Friday?

#1798 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Still no word if Power Up members get early access to Buy 2 Get 1 Free?

#1799 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

So now we have Black Friday, Caca brown Thursday, and umm Sky Blue Wednesday??? Is that ok with everyone??

#1800 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

when does gamestop open on Black Friday?

A mall Gamestop opens whenever the mall opens. A non-mall Gamestop opens at midnight.